• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Messingham to Bison?

VimSince03 said:
brewskis said:
Did Armstrong call plays at Rocky?

I had 3 VERY close friends play football at rocky during the Armstrong years.....and from what I've heard I think things just got easier for our defense.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They weren't easy last year when the Griz played MSU? Huh.
No they were not. It was like we had Ione directing our defense.....

alabamagrizzly said:
bigsky33 said:
A good coach is a good coach. Armstrong did an excellent job calling the plays and at head coach at Rocky. Coaching at that level you are working with kids that are not as skilled. He got the best out of them.

You just copied and pasted that from what Stitt supporters(I'm still one of em) have been sayin here. That's plagiarism.
Lol. I was thinking that too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

brewskis said:
VimSince03 said:
brewskis said:

I had 3 VERY close friends play football at rocky during the Armstrong years.....and from what I've heard I think things just got easier for our defense.....

You mean Marshall...Kane Ioane's "co-defensive coordinator" position was basically a title. Ash just wanted to "keep it simple" on defense. God damnit brewskis! Now you have me thinking about our defense from 2013-2015.

get'em_griz said:
HookedonGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Pflugrad?

Looks like Choate already named current OL coach Armstrong (used to coach Rocky) as new OC

MSU is building the best NAIA-coached program there is! :thumb:

Yes, you mean that staff that out coached the Griz staff big time?

VimSince03 said:
brewskis said:
VimSince03 said:
brewskis said:

You mean Marshall...Kane Ioane's "co-defensive coordinator" position was basically a title. Ash just wanted to "keep it simple" on defense. God damnit brewskis! Now you have me thinking about our defense from 2013-2015.
Mission accomplished! I just wanted to put you in a sour mood tonight! Haha

bigsky33 said:
get'em_griz said:
HookedonGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Pflugrad?

Looks like Choate already named current OL coach Armstrong (used to coach Rocky) as new OC

Two of the worst coaching performances I have seen. Our d coordinator was just a little bit worse than your o coordinator

ranco said:
bigsky33 said:
get'em_griz said:
HookedonGriz said:

Two of the worst coaching performances I have seen. Our d coordinator was just a little bit worse than your o coordinator
The Cats came prepared and played physical like the Griz used to. The Griz came in flat and were not physical. Major difference. Cat coaches did a much better job.

bigsky33 said:
ranco said:
bigsky33 said:
get'em_griz said:

The Cats came prepared and played physical like the Griz used to. The Griz came in flat and were not physical. Major difference. Cat coaches did a much better job.

So there were 8 games where the car coaches did a much worse job than their competition?

The griz's main problems stemmed from issues NOT on the coaching staff. And it was evident. You'll see.

brewskis said:
bigsky33 said:
ranco said:
bigsky33 said:

So there were 8 games where the car coaches did a much worse job than their competition?

The griz's main problems stemmed from issues NOT on the coaching staff. And it was evident. You'll see.

The coaches did good as the losses were just about all very close games. Despite having a QB most of the season in Bruggerman that really struggled.

bigsky33 said:
ranco said:
bigsky33 said:
get'em_griz said:

No, it's more basic than that. They appeared to have done their jobs.

Armstrong is a very good play-caller. Calling plays is calling plays. Doesn't matter the level. He is an offensive guy. I admire Choate for giving him the nod. He could of went outside and got someone, but he trusts Brian. I know Brian very well. He's a very good football coach.

Having said that, Cat fans going giddy over this are overlooking two important things. 1. Armstrong isn't going to reinvent the wheel. Whatever offense he runs, it's not going to be anything opposing defenses haven't seen. 2. He still has a QB dilemma. 1 He has a kid who is not going to learn to complete meaningful passes under pressure against FCS level talent with consistency over the next five months. No matter how hard DMac works with him. If he deosn't go with him, he has Bruggman who is wayyyyy in over his head. And if he doesn't go with Bruggman, he starts all over again with a true freshman. Yes, I'm very, very aware how talented Rovig is. But, after a 4-7 season, is throwing ANOTHER true frosh into the fire really the way to go? I guess we'll find out.

George Ferguson said:
Armstrong is a very good play-caller. Calling plays is calling plays. Doesn't matter the level. He is an offensive guy. I admire Choate for giving him the nod. He could of went outside and got someone, but he trusts Brian. I know Brian very well. He's a very good football coach.

Having said that, Cat fans going giddy over this are overlooking two important things. 1. Armstrong isn't going to reinvent the wheel. Whatever offense he runs, it's not going to be anything opposing defenses haven't seen. 2. He still has a QB dilemma. 1 He has a kid who is not going to learn to complete meaningful passes under pressure against FCS level talent with consistency over the next five months. No matter how hard DMac works with him. If he deosn't go with him, he has Bruggman who is wayyyyy in over his head. And if he doesn't go with Bruggman, he starts all over again with a true freshman. Yes, I'm very, very aware how talented Rovig is. But, after a 4-7 season, is throwing ANOTHER true frosh into the fire really the way to go? I guess we'll find out.

Don't underestimate Murray's passing ability. Everyone will know Rovig soon enough.

bigsky33 said:
brewskis said:
bigsky33 said:
ranco said:

The coaches did good as the losses were just about all very close games. Despite having a QB most of the season in Bruggerman that really struggled.

So good coaches make a habit of losing close games? Interesting theory.

G-BEARS said:
bigsky33 said:
brewskis said:
bigsky33 said:

So good coaches make a habit of losing close games? Interesting theory.

This is stupid. We can all agree that both programs are recruiting very well. It will be fun to see how these young players progress and perform in the upcoming years. I believe this is a rivalry renewed in that both programs are going to be really good for a long time. The cats do play much more physical than years past. I think we caught the griz players off guard this year. I anticipate a very heated rematch in Bozeman this year.

We can't expect Murray to play like he did throughout the entire season. He will be riddled with injuries like Dmac was throughout his career. We need to develop a supporting cast on offense or next year will be a long season.

On another note; QB Kamden Brown was competing for a starting spot last spring. He sustained an injury which took him out of contention. If Murray is unable to develop his passing game I suspect that he will get a serious look at QB and transitioning Murray to WR.

bobcatOninetails said:
mtgrizzly said:
The first bobcat to set forth in the Fargo dome since the buyout. [emoji4]

That is funny shit. I don't care who you are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you can't play them, join them!

Back