• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana get #4 seed, MSU unseeded.

cats2506, you just hadn't seen the kittie play the Griz yet this year. Get used to it, in case you happen to beat New Hampshire and Sam Houston. And obviously the ESPN production folks set up their cameras, interviews and game shots over the last couple of days thinking that MSU would be able to hold serve at home and be the no. 1 team for more than a few days over a bye week.

The seeds played out as I thought, which is perfect. Assuming they win and keep advancing, the Griz will get two playoffs games at home in the 2nd round and quarterfinals, with an opportunity to either (i) go on the road to Sam Houston against the weakest #1 seed in memory, or (ii) put whooping No.2 on the kitties in in Missoula to make damn sure knuckleheads like cats2506 truly understand that the Griz are the superior team. Needless to say, I will be rooting for the kitties over the next three weeks to help deliver an extra serving of Wash-Griz home cooking this year.

I couldn't be happier with this playoff field. Damn this is exciting!!!! :thumb:

Go Griz!!!!!

Cats2506 said:
grizchamp said:
Cats2506 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Jesus, MSU is getting a LOT of love from this show...WTF?

:cry: :cry: :cry: did they even say the name of the fizzlies

My guess would be that ESPN had everything lined up to visit with who they figured would be the #1 seed. Then you went and got blown out at home by a superior team!

Looks like they still think MSU is the SUPERIOR team ;)

You sir, have got to be one of the most ignorant sumbitches to come out of MSU in quite some time. Impressive

Cats2506 said:

Looks like you do too. :lol: :? :?: :?: :?:[/quote]

The team in the blue helmets wasnt the Cats ;)

dunno what happened to them but I hadn't seen that team all year :eek:

And THAT is why you guys lose in the playoffs repeatedly. You have yet to figure out that playing UNC and winning 14-0 ain't gonna get it done come playoff-football time.[/quote]

Na, the fiz were just a minor part of it :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Delusional!

The Cats are going to have their hands full just dealing with New Hampshire. But I hope that they do win, as I don't see SHSU surviving for long.

The road to the championship runs through Missoula.

ABQCat said:
If we beat NH, you guys will be forced to route for us at Sam Houston. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

I root for the Cats in all non-conference games.

teames said:
GRZFTBL said:
Cats2506 said:
AZGrizFan said:
I think this half of the bracket sets up nicely for the Griz. SHSU will probably get beat by the 'scats, which means Griz are the top seed in that half of the bracket after that and all playoff games (including 'scats rematch) will be AT HOME. I like it.

Gotta admit, I like the idea of the Cats going to Missoula to knock you out in a semi final game.

Oh God, we have to listen to this clown another 3-4 weeks?

I don't think the cats will be playing in 3 or 4 weeks. They got exposed in a Major way yesterday. As bad as I would like to beat them again in Wa Griz, I think they will eat shit again before we get the chance.

I am sure you are hoping that we have a bad game like that again, but I if I was a fizz, the last team in the field I would want coming into wa-jizz for a semifinal game is the Cats

Cats2506 said:
teames said:
GRZFTBL said:
Cats2506 said:
Gotta admit, I like the idea of the Cats going to Missoula to knock you out in a semi final game.

I don't think the cats will be playing in 3 or 4 weeks. They got exposed in a Major way yesterday. As bad as I would like to beat them again in Wa Griz, I think they will eat shit again before we get the chance.

I am sure you are hoping that we have a bad game like that again, but I if I was a fizz, the last team in the field I would want coming into wa-jizz for a semifinal game is the Cats

Fizz? What do you call the team that beat you yesterday?

Oh, that's right, Victors.

Cats2506 said:
grizchamp said:
Cats2506 said:
AZGrizFan said:

My guess would be that ESPN had everything lined up to visit with who they figured would be the #1 seed. Then you went and got blown out at home by a superior team!

Goes to show what they know. At least you know better now.

Gotta admit, I like the idea of the Cats going to Missoula to knock you out in a semi final game.[/quote]

Oh God, we have to listen to this clown another 3-4 weeks?[/quote]

I don't think the cats will be playing in 3 or 4 weeks. They got exposed in a Major way yesterday. As bad as I would like to beat them again in Wa Griz, I think they will eat shit again before we get the chance.[/quote]

I am sure you are hoping that we have a bad game like that again, but I if I was a fizz, the last team in the field I would want coming into wa-jizz for a semifinal game is the Cats[/quote]

Actually, seeing the way that we absolutely destroyed your offensive and defensive lines all day long, I would love to see you guys again. It would be the best Christmas gift a guy could get. Only the Griz might win by 50 in the rematch.

The Universe is starting to get back in alignment after a slip in the space-time continuum...Griz beat Cats, Griz Big Sky Champs, Griz seeded in the playoffs, Griz with multiple home playoff games, Griz playing their best football late in the season....Damn it feels good to be a fan of Griz Nation right now! :clap: :thumb:

Cats2506 said:
teames said:
GRZFTBL said:
Cats2506 said:

But you aren't a Griz and we would love to see DM and his whiffed passes come to Missoula. MSU was completely exposed for what they are yesterday. Montana had something to do with that "bad game' - ran it down your throat the whole game. Overmatched at the line of scrimmage. Overrated!!

Cats2506 said:
grizchamp said:
Cats2506 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Although, you and I and about 20,000 others that witnessed yesterdays game know better. :thumb:

Cats2506 said:

Yes, everyone wishes to avoid physically inferior teams in the playoffs. Good point sir.

schield said:
The Universe is starting to get back in alignment after a slip in the space-time continuum...Griz beat Cats, Griz Big Sky Co-Champs, Griz seeded in the playoffs, Griz with multiple home playoff games, Griz playing their best football late in the season....Damn it feels good to be a fan of Griz Nation right now! :clap: :thumb:

FIFY :thumb:

The Cats will not have an easy game with New Hampshire. NH likes to run the ball, and as we saw Saturday, MSU can be pushed off the line. Their weaknesses, even at home, have been exposed by superior teams, both in last year's playoffs and Saturday against the Griz.

its so funny to think that a cats fan would say "the last team the griz want to see is the cats" Give me a BREAK. If this was a game full of turnovers, and equal match teams, you might be right. NOT THE CASE...this game was dominated up front, start to finish...Physical domination isnt going to change in a few weeks, the cats big guys are not all of a sudden going to turn into MEN. The way the game went yesterday i would think all of griz nation would welcome the cats to missoula for a semi final match up.

ABQCat said:
If we beat NH, you guys will be forced to route for us at Sam Houston. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Obviously you are an MSU grad: it's spelled ROOT. Or maybe you just got confused with ROUT, as in Saturday in the litterbox.

It will be interesting to see if the Bobcats are even a top 10 team at the end of the year..? :lol: :lol:

big kahuna said:
The Cats will not have an easy game with New Hampshire. NH likes to run the ball, and as we saw Saturday, MSU can be pushed off the line. Their weaknesses, even at home, have been exposed by superior teams, both in last year's playoffs and Saturday against the Griz.
There is some consolation for the kitties. Remember this quote from an article posted on eGriz within the last month? It described the selection process and how the seeded teams got to host home games. Then it said:
Fox Sports said:
The games involving two non-seeded teams are based on financial guarantees from potential hosts, quality of facility, attendance history and potential and team performance.
The final game between Maine and New Hampshire could have been make-or-break for UNH because a loss would have put them at 7-4. Also, they could hope for a Towson loss to make them a co-champion of the CAA if they won.

Result: They had probably their best attendance for the year: officially 8,536. (Wikipedia's lists their stadium as 8,000 -- so they would have been over capacity.)

Since neither teams is seeded, the Cats upgraded facility, with its ability to hold more than double the capacity of the UNH stadium was probably the deciding factor in them getting the home game. The way I read the quote, the fact that MSU went into the weekend ranked higher than UNH had not so much to do with the decision. Looks like those new lights did pay off. :lol:

big kahuna said:

UNH is nationally the 52nd ranked rushing team in the country, only going for 162 yards per game, their rushing defense is ranked 89th and the pass efficency D is 81st, scoring defense is 97. they have also given up a lot of sacks, they do appear by the stats to have a good passing offense though.

But don't let that get in the way of your flawed argument :thumb:

Back