• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana State @ Idaho in 2016

grizhunter said:
snap said:
The cats could win like 30 straight in the series with Montana and still would be in the hole. It's f***[*] amazing that you guys still talk shit. Tell you what, let's start fresh. As of 2013 for instance (what have you done for me lately, right?). Griz undefeated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9T7wZGTMXo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is stupid and you know it. Look at the records from the time the two schools have been in = divisions. Oh, that wouldn't feed your ego as much, i get it.

When the number of NCs earned by each program is compared, do MSU fans only count NCs earned at the FCS level?

Blgs Griz Fan said:
I am always amused at the cats saying how many conference championships they have won as of late. The fact is they were co champions. They will get my respect when they can claim to be sole champions of the BSC. I believe the last time they did that was way back in 1984.
The cats are also boastful of being able to slide by the Griz in two of the last four games but they do not take into account the Griz were without the starting QB in either of those games.
I know for sure that I would not be out boasting how my team was the new dominant team in Montana right after they dumped their last three games of last season.

Given the expansion of the Big Sky and the odd scheduling rules I think you will have co-champs as often if not more often then you do sole champions going forward.

Lets just face it, things are getting back to normal around here. We had a couple of challenging years that allowed the cats some hope. That is all over now. I think the only question left in my mind is who will Coach ron ash blame this year for the loss? Fraternities? Sororities? Prune Cup? Mountain pine beetles?

Semi off topic from where this thread has gone, but have a Griz football question.

Do the Griz have any FBS games after this year scheduled? Obviously the Griz arent in the same situation financially as most Big Sky football programs so the need is not there, just curious if the Griz have a standard on trying to schedule those games?

MSU seems to schedule an FBS games most years and EWU has one on the books through 2019.

marceagfan5 said:
Semi off topic from where this thread has gone, but have a Griz football question.

Do the Griz have any FBS games after this year scheduled? Obviously the Griz arent in the same situation financially as most Big Sky football programs so the need is not there, just curious if the Griz have a standard on trying to schedule those games?

MSU seems to schedule an FBS games most years and EWU has one on the books through 2019.

The Griz have a scheduled matchup with Washington in 2017. As you stated, Montana doesn't have the financial need to schedule these games consistently. I think the standard for scheduling these FBS games for Montana is to give the players an opportunity to play at least once during their career against an FBS opponent. Given the way we've scheduled FBS games in the past, that seems to fit that idea.

2017: @ Washington
2014: @ Wyoming
2011: @ Tennessee
2006: @ Iowa
2005: @ Oregon
2001: @ Hawaii

WyomingGrizFan said:
Teton Cat said:
...Griz record last four years 28-16 Cats record 37-13 :mrgreen:

And what have you got to show for it?..nothing. As us-u-u-a-a-l-l.

Oh, by the way; you noticed that MSU hasn't rescheduled a game with Chadron State since 2006, now don't ya? Figures. Go Eagles. Not the EWU type, though.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=322430147" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

get'em_griz said:
Let's throw some numbers out there, because we like to throw them out there! :thumb:

Since 1973 when MSU decided to put their big boy pants on and play in the same division as UM:

Record: UM Leads MSU 26-15
Scores: UM has outscored MSU 1096 points to 790 points.

Number of games won by 10+:
Montana: 21 games
Montana State: 9 games

Longest Winning Streak:
Montana: 16 (1987-2001) :thumb:
Montana State: 5 (1973-1977)

UM / MSU have been in the same conference and division since 1963, that makes the record 28-22 since the forming of the BSC

(2011 vacated for cheating)

Chester Cheetah said:
get'em_griz said:
Let's throw some numbers out there, because we like to throw them out there! :thumb:

Since 1973 when MSU decided to put their big boy pants on and play in the same division as UM:

Longest Winning Streak:

UM / MSU have been in the same conference and division since 1963, that makes the record 28-22 since the forming of the BSC

You still would have lost in 2011 even if those players weren't playing. :thumb:

Chester Cheetah said:
get'em_griz said:

Longest Winning Streak:

:clap: This is perhaps my favorite phrase from cat fans. I love when grown men use the language of a kindergartner. That thrashing of the then #1 ranked cats cut your fan-base to the core. it taught a whole new generation, that missed the streak, of who is and always will be little brother. Kind of like Coach ron ash's other signature loss, the beat down by Sam Houston in front of a nationally televised audience in 2012, it just reinforces the already robust loser image of the entire program.

Ursa Major said:
Chester Cheetah said:
get'em_griz said:

Longest Winning Streak:

:clap: This is perhaps my favorite phrase from cat fans. I love when grown men use the language of a kindergartner. That thrashing of the then #1 ranked cats cut your fan-base to the core. it taught a whole new generation, that missed the streak, of who is and always will be little brother. Kind of like Coach ron ash's other signature loss, the beat down by Sam Houston in front of a nationally televised audience in 2012, it just reinforces the already robust loser image of the entire program.

:clap: perfectly said!

EWURanger29 said:
Not sure what's in this for MSU...well other than a likely win, that is. Other than that, they most likely make more money off of a home game than they would playing in the Kibbie Dome. I think EWU only got $200,000 or so to come in and give them a beat-down in 2012.
MSU will buy/bail out on the game to schedule a class C Idaho high school game instead. NDSU game comes to mind.

Or by 2016 this could be a regular conference game. ;)

Ursa Major said:
Lets just face it, things are getting back to normal around here. We had a couple of challenging years that allowed the cats some hope. That is all over now. I think the only question left in my mind is who will Coach ron ash blame this year for the loss? Fraternities? Sororities? Prune Cup? Mountain pine beetles?

It's early yet, of course, but my hunch is the blame gets heaped on the blue Solo cups.

EverettGriz said:
Ursa Major said:

It's early yet, of course, but my hunch is the blame gets heaped on the blue Solo cups.

Great question Ursa. I know it's tough to keep the excuses straight but I'm pretty sure he already played the Mountain pine beetle card after the trouncing at EWU last year. He generally doesn't double down on excuses so we can probably take that one off the table for now.

Never mind. Went back through the ron ash excuse archives and it looks like for last years ewu game he pulled the Doug fir engraver card. I knew it was some type of beetle.

snap said:
EverettGriz said:
Ursa Major said:

Great question Ursa. I know it's tough to keep the excuses straight but I'm pretty sure he already played the Mountain pine beetle card after the trouncing at EWU last year. He generally doesn't double down on excuses so we can probably take that one off the table for now.

Snap, you raise a good point about only using one excuse once. We should catalog the already known excuses Coach ron ash has used:
1) Mountain Pine Beetle
2) DeNarius McGhee

Ursa Major said:
snap said:
EverettGriz said:
Ursa Major said:

Snap, you raise a good point about only using one excuse once. We should catalog the already known excuses Coach ron ash has used:
1) Mountain Pine Beetle
2) DeNarius McGhee

Now that I look at it again, I think I misspoke (or at least wasn't clear with my point). ron ash doesn't seem to use the same excuse more than once, but he most certainly isn't afraid to double down. Last year's Griz game was an example when he blamed both Denarius McGhee and fraternities.

Back