• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana State @ Idaho in 2016

EverettGriz said:
Ursa Major said:
Lets just face it, things are getting back to normal around here. We had a couple of challenging years that allowed the cats some hope. That is all over now. I think the only question left in my mind is who will Coach ron ash blame this year for the loss? Fraternities? Sororities? Prune Cup? Mountain pine beetles?

It's early yet, of course, but my hunch is the blame gets heaped on the blue Solo cups.
I like the blue solo cup idea, EG! We are only simple fans not professionals. We need to bring in the big guns on this one. This looks like a job for Hardy Boys

His microphone stopped working.

hqdefault.jpg

CDAGRIZ said:
snap said:
The cats could win like 30 straight in the series with Montana and still would be in the hole. It's fucking amazing that you guys still talk shit.

It reminds me of how my little brother would say he was going to beat me at H-O-R-S-E in the driveway. He would pull it off once or twice when I was sick or something, and therefore think that he was at the same level. Inevitably, when I was at full speed and beat him down, he would cry and go back in the house acting like he didn't care in the first place. It's pretty much a perfect comparison.

Jesus....this is a scary-good analogy

snap said:
Never mind. Went back through the ron ash excuse archives and it looks like for last years ewu game he pulled the Doug fir engraver card. I knew it was some type of beetle.

I think he can still pull the George Bush card.

cclarkblues said:
snap said:
Never mind. Went back through the ron ash excuse archives and it looks like for last years ewu game he pulled the Doug fir engraver card. I knew it was some type of beetle.

I think he can still pull the George Bush card.

Yep. One of his all timers was when he totally threw his Iowa roots under the bus and blamed ethanol for the flight delay when they were trying to get down to texas for their "home" game with smu. After getting their ass beat yet again, he somehow blamed Willie Nelson for the loss. No shame.

Chester Cheetah said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
Teton Cat said:
...Griz record last four years 28-16 Cats record 37-13 :mrgreen:

And what have you got to show for it?..nothing. As us-u-u-a-a-l-l.

Oh, by the way; you noticed that MSU hasn't rescheduled a game with Chadron State since 2006, now don't ya? Figures. Go Eagles. Not the EWU type, though.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=322430147" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ooops. My bad.

Ursa Major said:
Chester Cheetah said:
get'em_griz said:
Let's throw some numbers out there, because we like to throw them out there! :thumb:

Since 1973 when MSU decided to put their big boy pants on and play in the same division as UM:

Record: UM Leads MSU 26-15
Scores: UM has outscored MSU 1096 points to 790 points.

Number of games won by 10+:
Montana: 21 games
Montana State: 9 games

Longest Winning Streak:
Montana: 16 (1987-2001) :thumb:
Montana State: 5 (1973-1977)

UM / MSU have been in the same conference and division since 1963, that makes the record 28-22 since the forming of the BSC

(2011 vacated for cheating)
:clap: This is perhaps my favorite phrase from cat fans. I love when grown men use the language of a kindergartner. That thrashing of the then #1 ranked cats cut your fan-base to the core. it taught a whole new generation, that missed the streak, of who is and always will be little brother. Kind of like Coach ron ash's other signature loss, the beat down by Sam Houston in front of a nationally televised audience in 2012, it just reinforces the already robust loser image of the entire program.

Coach Ron Ash also had a signature loss against NDSU a few years back, you know, when they didn't back out of the game because it was in the postseason in Bozeman. There is a high likelihood that had that game been in Fargo the Cats wouldn't have even shown up though.

kemajic said:
uofmman1122 said:
I see they're open to playing teams from Montana again. :coffee:
Always have; just not able to pay FCS teams big to come to Moscow. MSU will probably lose a little cash relative to a home D-2; UM would lose big.

I would hope that UM will not schedule Idaho until they finally drop this 'FBS in football only' B.S. They have stated openly that they do so for the money. If that is the case, they can afford to pay FCS schools to come to Moscow. They want to have their cake and eat it, too. F*** 'em.

I'm a 'my second favorite team is whoever is playing the kitties' kind of fan, so I'm rooting for Idaho. Although it's pretty silly to pick a game 2+ years before it's played, I'm going with the Vandals. More scholarships, bigger budget, more resources add up to a win.

mcg said:
I'm a 'my second favorite team is whoever is playing the kitties' kind of fan, so I'm rooting for Idaho. Although it's pretty silly to pick a game 2+ years before it's played, I'm going with the Vandals. More scholarships, bigger budget, more resources add up to a win.

My tee-shirt with that expression died years ago, but I couldn't let it go, so I framed it. Now hanging on the wall of my Grizzly Den. Some things will never die.

Back