• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Most Over Hyped Players in Griz History

CV Griz Fan said:
I hate to say it but the whole 2013 team was somewhat over hyped IMO. At least on this board anyway. After some early dominant wins against weak opponents, many were ready to breakout the champaign because the team was going to chase a national title. The chants of "Redemption tour" and "bring on NDSU"were often heard during the first half of the season.
Bitter arguments broke out about the significants of the early stats as fan excitement grew
and seemed to wiped away the bad memories of 2012. Maybe some Griz fans just wanted their team back on top so bad that they temporarily lost their heads. The 2013 team was an improved version of the 2012 team with JJ back but it was never going on a deep playoff run like many Griz fans thought.

2nd Round in the playoffs is deep

-Montana State Fan

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Why do you hate guys that piss excellence?
Why do you hate over achievers?
Why do you hate years of proven success?
Why do you the stone cold honesty that oozes greatness?
Why do you hate the pinnacle of performance at NC levels?

Why do you hate your life, it cant be all bad.............or can it?

You should be a standup comedian or give classes on denial. I give you credit, you do make me laugh sometimes.

NativeGriz said:
BWahlberg said:
Over-Hyped IMO would be those incredible "game changer" transfers that never even played a down. Ryan Kessman, Tab Perry, Ronnie Rodamer, guys like that
Well at least AG makes you laugh. I dont believe he was actually serious-at least I hope not. As for the guys above, Kessman was #1 on my list. Tad Perry was a huge disappointment-high hopes and to lesser degree Rodamer.

When this site first started, ol' Alf said 'never take me serious'...

So I never do.

grizcountry420 said:
CV Griz Fan said:
I hate to say it but the whole 2013 team was somewhat over hyped IMO. At least on this board anyway. After some early dominant wins against weak opponents, many were ready to breakout the champaign because the team was going to chase a national title. The chants of "Redemption tour" and "bring on NDSU"were often heard during the first half of the season.
Bitter arguments broke out about the significants of the early stats as fan excitement grew
and seemed to wiped away the bad memories of 2012. Maybe some Griz fans just wanted their team back on top so bad that they temporarily lost their heads. The 2013 team was an improved version of the 2012 team with JJ back but it was never going on a deep playoff run like many Griz fans thought.

-Montana State Fan

GC420 gets an early nomination for 2014 short smart ass post of the year. :thumb: :clap: :lol:

mtgrizrule said:
grizcountry420 said:
CV Griz Fan said:

-Montana State Fan

GC420 gets an early nomination for 2014 short smart ass post of the year. :thumb: :clap: :lol:

Touché 420!

CV Griz Fan said:
mtgrizrule said:
grizcountry420 said:
CV Griz Fan said:

-Montana State Fan

Touché 420!

If you're gonna give us isht, at least get it right.

Quarter finals is deep for us. We haven't been deeper since '84.

;)

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Elite_Griz_Lover15 said:
Gerald Kemp was the best athlete this school has had in decades!! the numbers don't back me, but anybody in the organization would agree strongly with me. I'm not saying there weren't other great athletes in that stretch either!

Also lets just stop this "Kemp is the most underutilized player we have ever had" BS, 2 or 3 coaches decided he wasnt good enough to be on this field so it was ALL on him. It wasnt a personal vendetta from a single coach it was just that he wasnt as good as you guys wanted him to be.

No amount of Re/Max saying hes "too athletic to be on the bench" is ever going to change that, in fact quotes from him are just more reinforcement to the contrary.

We have 5 players on our roster right now more athletic than Kemp so just stop.
Could you please name those players Alpha?

smarsh said:
billy ivey
sean davis
rodamer

Billy Ivey? Negative. He was a solid player for us who came up from the juco ranks. Pretty damn athletic corner too. He was just short and only had one good eye. Its not his fault he had to guard Moss. Any of our corners, even Trumaine, would have had thier ankles broken all day long against him.

Elite_Griz_Lover15 said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Elite_Griz_Lover15 said:
Gerald Kemp was the best athlete this school has had in decades!! the numbers don't back me, but anybody in the organization would agree strongly with me. I'm not saying there weren't other great athletes in that stretch either!

Also lets just stop this "Kemp is the most underutilized player we have ever had" BS, 2 or 3 coaches decided he wasnt good enough to be on this field so it was ALL on him. It wasnt a personal vendetta from a single coach it was just that he wasnt as good as you guys wanted him to be.

No amount of Re/Max saying hes "too athletic to be on the bench" is ever going to change that, in fact quotes from him are just more reinforcement to the contrary.

We have 5 players on our roster right now more athletic than Kemp so just stop.
Could you please name those players Alpha?

Of course I can.

second to Maynard on Ivey... the first time he (and we) saw Moss cutting across the middle against Ivey we all knew we were in trouble. He ripped NFL corners the same way...

as for a player on the griz, thus far i'll go with hermanson, especially after reading today's missoulian article.

grizophile said:
On the current roster.......Counts. Always hyped but I don't recall him ever producing much albeit oft injured?
You're going to get it for that comment!

Back