• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MSU vs. NDSU Game Thread

Griz_Soldier said:
Kempt is the worst Qb i have ever seen, how the hell did he get recruited by Oregon and then drop down to the FCS and still get a chance. He couldn't even make it in the NAIA

Oregon seems to have a problem recruiting good QBs. :roll:

Growler1 said:
Griz_Soldier said:
Kempt is the worst Qb i have ever seen, how the hell did he get recruited by Oregon and then drop down to the FCS and still get a chance. He couldn't even make it in the NAIA

At least they get their #1 qb right every year. :thumb:

Growler1 said:
Griz_Soldier said:

Yea i would def say so, Roper and Kempt. I sure hope we don't get a drop down from them again and hopefully Phlu being from oregon an all doesn't bring that curse to us.

Will everone that said I was an idiot for saying that the playoffs was going to be a recruiting advantagefor the griz this apoligize now?

It's a sad day for MT football. No, not UM football, MONTANA football! The Griz/Cat rivalry should be about who represents MT football in the playoffs, because it's the Montana name in question, not a stupid argument re: hatred of the Cats. I wish the Cats had won because it keeps the Montana name in the press.

Ok, hate the Cats all you want, but you lose the bigger picture when it comes to keeping Montana in the nation's football mind. If it weren't for the success of the Griz in the past, I doubt anyone in another part of the country would even care about Montana, let alone knowing where Montana is.

Montana football is good PR for the state & now that's been lost. It's a sad day for not only MT football, but for the state of Montana. Jeezuz! 42-17? C'mon, Pflu, step up & reestablish the great rep Montana football once had, since the Cats blew it.

THE BIGGEST FIRST ROUND HOME GAME CHOKE OF ALL TIME!!!!

Hard to even learn something from an ass kicking that bad. Be hard for the big sigh to get two teams seeded again any time soon.

David2 said:
It's a sad day for MT football. No, not UM football, MONTANA football! The Griz/Cat rivalry should be about who represents MT football in the playoffs, because it's the Montana name in question, not a stupid argument re: hatred of the Cats. I wish the Cats had won because it keeps the Montana name in the press.

Ok, hate the Cats all you want, but you lose the bigger picture when it comes to keeping Montana in the nation's football mind. If it weren't for the success of the Griz in the past, I doubt anyone in another part of the country would even care about Montana, let alone knowing where Montana is.

Montana football is good PR for the state & now that's been lost. It's a sad day for not only MT football, but for the state of Montana. Jeezuz! 42-17? C'mon, Pflu, step up & reestablish the great rep Montana football once had, since the Cats blew it.

yeah, that's all Montana is known for is football... :roll: Not the beauty, people, work ethic, outdoors...just football.

99% of people who know Montana, do not know it because of football.

And if they don't know where Montana is, #1 good, #2 they are retarded and should spend 4 minutes studying a map.

BTW...I hate the scats.

stubbins said:
David2 said:

yeah, that's all Montana is known for is football... :roll: Not the beauty, people, work ethic, outdoors...just football. 99% of people who know Montana, do not know it because of football.
And if they don't know where Montana is, #1 good, #2 they are retarded and should spend 4 minutes studying a map. BTW...I hate the scats.

Wait a goddam minute! You can't deny that MT football is good PR for the state. Yes, there are many other attractions of the state for those most able to afford all the niceties of "beauty, people, work ethic, outdoors..." Montana has always been a playground of the eastern & California rich. Witness all the amenities of Glacier Park. Most Montanans can't afford them, not to mention the big bucks coming in from OOS hunters, etc.

You contradict yourself when on the one hand you say MT is known for more than football & turn around & say the less known about MT the better. A bit bipolar are we? :cool:

David2 said:
stubbins said:
David2 said:

yeah, that's all Montana is known for is football... :roll: Not the beauty, people, work ethic, outdoors...just football. 99% of people who know Montana, do not know it because of football.
And if they don't know where Montana is, #1 good, #2 they are retarded and should spend 4 minutes studying a map. BTW...I hate the scats.

Wait a goddam minute! You can't deny that MT football is good PR for the state. Yes, there are many other attractions of the state for those most able to afford all the niceties of "beauty, people, work ethic, outdoors..." Montana has always been a playground of the eastern & California rich. Witness all the amenities of Glacier Park. Most Montanans can't afford them, not to mention the big bucks coming in from OOS hunters, etc.

You contradict yourself when on the one hand you say MT is known for more than football & turn around & say the less known about MT the better. A bit bipolar are we? :cool:

I don't think one can be bipolar in a span of 20 seconds of writing a post, but perhaps. I will say I am very hypocritical.

I don't like people moving here, I like them visiting for our economy. That being said, I make a very good living because of people moving here. go figure. need it, don't like it.

but that is not the point of my post.
the point was that Montana is known not because of football. Rich people moving here are not moving because of football. they are moving here for many, many other reasons.

stubbins said:
but that is not the point of my post. the point was that Montana is known not because of football. Rich people moving here are not moving because of football. they are moving here for many, many other reasons.

And, my point is that MT football reaches the not rich in other parts of the country. "What is the point of that"?, you might say. All I can say is that if the average midwesterner or easterner has to turn to his/her atlas to find Montana, that's good for this state. Just call it a matter of pride for the name of Montana. They just may want to know a little more & maybe schedule some vacation time to come to the land of the Indians, Lewis & Clark, Yellowstone, Glacier, etc. All because Villanova, James Madison, etc., had to play Montana for the FCS championship.

The rich, since MT's beginning, have always come here. That's fine, because they are here in our colleges & universities, buying huge ranches, building multi-million dollar homes on Flathead Lake, partially fulfilling some kind of yearning for a simpler time that no longer exists.

Anyway, your point is well taken. :)

mtgrizrule said:
Alpha and Hammer to be loving this. I am praying they get out alive though.

I think only Alpha ended up going, I believe I saw Hammer say his trip got quashed by the wife.

It was great to see Bobby ball again especially destroying the cats. To bad Pflusie probably won't take notice of good football when it is played in MT.

Back