• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU Game

scarecrow said:
I see what you did there. Compared me to your old enemy. But alas, this is a new enemy. The likes of which grizville and flannel boy wonder have never seen before.

Prediction: Fumble, fumble, pick 6, pick 6, pick 6. The gwizbie coaches return to log land and attempt to evaluate and determine what it was that hit them in the promised land of oil and agricultural riches. Through years of research, it was narrowed down to one thing. The one thing that the gwiz have never truly attained. A defense that can score as many points as its offense.

Your turnips need you.

Seriously, Bizons fans, how much drop-off do you see for the coming year? Many experts have said that there are many question marks for the Bizons. I don't care enough about your team to really analyze it, so I was hoping one of you could do the leg work for us.

tjbison said:
if you comprehend I was referring to the Farmers, which in this area is kind of a big deal you know and considering NDSU is a land Grant AG school. So let me explain.....September is Harvest time and if it's dry and nice the farmers need to be getting crops off which causes a decline in Attendance, if we get rain and they are stopped is increases attendance

get it? :thumb:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QokeAwXDwc[/youtube]

CDAGRIZ said:
Seriously, Bizons fans, how much drop-off do you see for the coming year? Many experts have said that there are many question marks for the Bizons. I don't care enough about your team to really analyze it, so I was hoping one of you could do the leg work for us.
NDSU probably only has two chances to win, slim and none. The gwiz will just harken back to the days when they beat NDSU and everyone from gwizzlyville will bask in the pleasant memories of past victories over the Bison. NDSU will field a competitive team, but playing the gwiz is always a huge challenge. :(

NLGrizFan said:
scarecrow said:
In all seriousness grizzbies, crows don't eat turnips. Scarecrows protect cornfields. All you hippies must be stoned, here I thought that was common sense.

Montana NC game all-time record 2-5
NDSU NC game all-time record 3-0

Ouch, what a blow to your pride.
And the last time the Griz had a 3-9 record was... Hmmm, before I was born and I'm almost 36 years old. The buffalo will be lucky to make the playoffs this season. :lol:
NDSU in it's long storied history has had some losing seasons no doubt, but they have never had a season where their record was 3-9. Point out, if you must, where we have stumbled, but please state the facts. :oops:

CDAGRIZ said:

Will there be a drop-off? More than likely, esp on offense.

The defense is going to be really good again this year. The only question mark on defense is the interior line where 4 seniors graduated but there are 3 RFR that are really impressive so far. IMO, the defense will carry the team the first part of the year.

Offense will be a work in progress until Wentz (QB) finds his rhythm.

Bison fan in NW MN said:
CDAGRIZ said:

The defense is going to be really good again this year. The only question mark on defense is the interior line where 4 seniors graduated but there are 3 RFR that are really impressive so far. IMO, the defense will carry the team the first part of the year.

Interesting. You replace four interior D-linemen with 3 RFR and expect the DEFENSE to be the strong point?

Bison fan in NW MN said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Thanks for the info. Might be tough to replace four seniors with 3 frosh, in more ways than math.

Old Shep said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Old Shep said:

No it isn't. It clearly says North Dakota. Dream on, Shep.
1. Wrong school you have the University of North Dakota.
2. Wrong year 2013.
3. North Dakota State University did have a 3-8 year in 2009, we would have been 3-9 but we didn't make the playoffs. :D

You are wrong, Shep. ESPN says NDU went 3-8. Oh, which source should I trust? ESPN, or a guy who calls gyms domes?

CDAGRIZ said:
Old Shep said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Old Shep said:
Your link is for the wrong team! :)

2. Wrong year 2013.
3. North Dakota State University did have a 3-8 year in 2009, we would have been 3-9 but we didn't make the playoffs. :D

You are wrong, Shep. ESPN says NDU went 3-8. Oh, which source should I trust? ESPN, or a guy who calls gyms domes?
To thine own self be true! :thumb: Maybe ESPN Gameday will clear that season's record issue up when they come to Missoula.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Old Shep said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Old Shep said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2. Wrong year 2013.

To thine own self be true! :thumb: Maybe ESPN Gameday will clear that season's record issue up when they come to Missoula.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
again

ESPN Gameday will never come to an FCS campus. You know it, I know it, and Fred O'Bannion knows it.

all I know is this. my wife is from bismarck, I am from Missoula. I have been to ND, it sucks. period. I think and hope that the Griz will return to their former glory. BUT, I would rather be A Griz fan on the low side, than a bison fan on the high side any day, kinda like I would rather be an American, than a Russian.......ya know.....

AZGrizFan said:
Bison fan in NW MN said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Interesting. You replace four interior D-linemen with 3 RFR and expect the DEFENSE to be the strong point?

Ya AZ.

DEs are coming back...just the interior. Yes, only 1 returning player with significant playing time returns in the interior.....1 starter....the Bison rotated 4 DTs throughout the year.

The reason I say the defense will still be very good is that all the LBs that started the NC game return and 3/4 of the DBs......and the punter. NDSU plays field position and the punter is very good.

Will they only give up 11 points/game and 250 yards/game.....I doubt it but they will still be really good. Good enough to stop JJ and the Griz?? We'll find out.

CDAGRIZ said:
Bison fan in NW MN said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Thanks for the info. Might be tough to replace four seniors with 3 frosh, in more ways than math.

Ya, I agree. A very good north/south running team will definitely try to exploit this I'm sure.

I guess one of the freshman Tanguay (6-4 290) is an animal and kicked butt during spring ball. But depth will certainly be an issue.

NDSU might fall on their face in '14 but there are too many players returning for that to happen IMO.

But I have to admit if JJ plays like he did against UNI in the '12 playoffs then NDSU is in for a long game. UNI was a very good team and he carved them up.

Back