• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU makes Offensive changes!

BisBison1 said:
mtgrizrule said:
AllWeatherFan said:
What changes? I read that twice, and the only changes I could discern were a few different players.

I read it to mean their emphasis will be a little more on passing to start the season. Wentz is a talented QB. I honestly feel they have plenty of RB depth and talent also. I feel NDSU should be capable of winning with the pass and/or the run. Meanwhile, in past years they have more ground and pound most every game. I don't see this as a major offensive change though.

Your right on MT Griz Fan.
You might see combined 350yard pass game and a 350 yard run game by the Bison opening night in Missoula. Is this possible, wouldn't surprise me. Might be stretching it but even the better unsaid story is the O Line is Bigger and more experienced then last year with 2 OLmen going to play on Sunday in 2016 for sure. That being said run or pass the Herd can do either better then last year, and that is scary stuff for any FCS defense to prepare for. QB Carson Wentz will be playing Sundays and future #1 draft or #2 in 2016 draft.
So NO CHANGE for the Bison but a BIG CHARGE from the Big O is coming. This could be the best record breaking offense we've had in 4 years. But remember Defense wins championships so we have work to do there this year.
Go Herd, See you Griz in Missoula if I can get a few tickets.
BisBison guy.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll make ANY of these bets with you...ANY. Name your price. PLEASE.

Gotta agree Bisbison is getting a little outlandish with some of his statements. I think what he is referring to is that there is some talk of Wentz being a potential 1st or 2nd round pick.....at least I hope that is what he means. Wentz is rated right now by CBS sports as the ninth rated senior QB coming out next year and our LT Haeg is rated eigth I believe by CBS as well, as far as the 2nd OL he is referring to I have no idea, because Haeg is the only senior other than Kelly I believe and Kelly isn't getting drafted. The 350 and 350 statement is absolute kooky talk though!

BisBison1 said:
mtgrizrule said:
AllWeatherFan said:
What changes? I read that twice, and the only changes I could discern were a few different players.

I read it to mean their emphasis will be a little more on passing to start the season. Wentz is a talented QB. I honestly feel they have plenty of RB depth and talent also. I feel NDSU should be capable of winning with the pass and/or the run. Meanwhile, in past years they have more ground and pound most every game. I don't see this as a major offensive change though.

Your right on MT Griz Fan.
You might see combined 350yard pass game and a 350 yard run game by the Bison opening night in Missoula. Is this possible, wouldn't surprise me. Might be stretching it but even the better unsaid story is the O Line is Bigger and more experienced then last year with 2 OLmen going to play on Sunday in 2016 for sure. That being said run or pass the Herd can do either better then last year, and that is scary stuff for any FCS defense to prepare for. QB Carson Wentz will be playing Sundays and future #1 draft or #2 in 2016 draft.
So NO CHANGE for the Bison but a BIG CHARGE from the Big O is coming. This could be the best record breaking offense we've had in 4 years. But remember Defense wins championships so we have work to do there this year.
Go Herd, See you Griz in Missoula if I can get a few tickets.
BisBison guy.

Great post BisBison! Just please stay out of the pool at Splash Montana, you'll flood the valley.

THE HERD said:
Gotta agree Bisbison is getting a little outlandish with some of his statements. I think what he is referring to is that there is some talk of Wentz being a potential 1st or 2nd round pick.....at least I hope that is what he means. Wentz is rated right now by CBS sports as the ninth rated senior QB coming out next year and our LT Haeg is rated eigth I believe by CBS as well, as far as the 2nd OL he is referring to I have no idea, because Haeg is the only senior other than Kelly I believe and Kelly isn't getting drafted. The 350 and 350 statement is absolute kooky talk though!

Shhhh.....I'm tryin' to make some money here!

It will be closer to 600 yards passing and 750 yards rushing, as they romp to a 200-0 victory. Yeah. They're that good.

OK - maybe shooting for the stars, but remember Big Sky Conference isn't about Defense, only Griz seem to play good D out west, so with that being said:
Bison - no coaching changes this year, no QB change, no skilled position losses, and gaining 1 all American lineman back and no losses on the Oline, I will back it down to 250 rushing, 300 passing for the Herd in Missoula Aug.29.
Griz - new coaching changes, new QB, new offensive scheme speed tempo change, then playing the 4x defending National champs regardless of young D,( much to prove to everyone) I still like our odds as playing away in opening day TV games our Bison live for outstanding performances. Griz Defense is the only hope to keep bison O off the field. Good luck Griz.
Advantage Griz - nicest outdoor stadium in the FCS, backdrop looks outstanding. Hope its a night game.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Bison 41 - 28 ball game either. But if Bison lose then hats off to Griz as they have many pay backs for us already taking all the Thunder they had in the FCS in past years.

BisBison1 said:
OK - maybe shooting for the stars, but remember Big Sky Conference isn't about Defense, only Griz seem to play good D out west, so with that being said:
Bison - no coaching changes this year, no QB change, no skilled position losses, and gaining 1 all American lineman back and no losses on the Oline, I will back it down to 250 rushing, 300 passing for the Herd in Missoula Aug.29.
Griz - new coaching changes, new QB, new offensive scheme speed tempo change, then playing the 4x defending National champs regardless of young D,( much to prove to everyone) I still like our odds as playing away in opening day TV games our Bison live for outstanding performances. Griz Defense is the only hope to keep bison O off the field. Good luck Griz.
Advantage Griz - nicest outdoor stadium in the FCS, backdrop looks outstanding. Hope its a night game.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Bison 41 - 28 ball game either. But if Bison lose then hats off to Griz as they have many pay backs for us already taking all the Thunder they had in the FCS in past years.
While (from an offensive implementation standpoint) I wish the Griz & Bison were playing later in the year, if the offensive scheme is even remotely implemented it will look light years better than LAST year's offense. And that's a DEEP statement about the Griz D.... :roll:

I have a feeling we may meet again in the playoffs and your wish may come true. This might be a sneek peek of round 2 of the 2015 playoffs and by that time Griz good be cranking and the game could end up being a shootout.
So with that being said, so many story lines for the ESPN guys and national college fans watching from afar, this game could still be good but as the Bison did last year, new qb, new coaching staff, many losses on defense, they still played 4qtrs and took it to Iowa State opening game, no warm up games. That is what the Griz are to do if they want to make a statement is keep this game close, therefore setting the tone for future playoff rematches.

I think this game maybe as entertaining as the KSTATE game in 2013 on FOX TV. I was there, 53,000 fans and they have GREAT FANS participating in stadium cheers its fun to watch. I hope the Griz fans bring this energy and crowd participation as well. It will be a tremendous college football game opening day game I do believe.
OK 41 - 34, Bison hows that for a wild one?

No way in hell this game remotely compares to Kansas state game, they were defending big 12 champs, opening a new stadium with 3 all Americans and they were up 21-7 and NDSU straight pile drived them!!

Montana is just maybe returning to 90's level and NDSU is 15 pt favorites. C'mon dude !!

Bisonation said:
No way in hell this game remotely compares to Kansas state game, they were defending big 12 champs, opening a new stadium with 3 all Americans and they were up 21-7 and NDSU straight pile drived them!!

Montana is just maybe returning to 90's level and NDSU is 15 pt favorites. C'mon dude !!

:roll:

BisBison1 said:
I have a feeling we may meet again in the playoffs and your wish may come true. This might be a sneek peek of round 2 of the 2015 playoffs and by that time Griz good be cranking and the game could end up being a shootout.
So with that being said, so many story lines for the ESPN guys and national college fans watching from afar, this game could still be good but as the Bison did last year, new qb, new coaching staff, many losses on defense, they still played 4qtrs and took it to Iowa State opening game, no warm up games. That is what the Griz are to do if they want to make a statement is keep this game close, therefore setting the tone for future playoff rematches.

I think this game maybe as entertaining as the KSTATE game in 2013 on FOX TV. I was there, 53,000 fans and they have GREAT FANS participating in stadium cheers its fun to watch. I hope the Griz fans bring this energy and crowd participation as well. It will be a tremendous college football game opening day game I do believe.
OK 41 - 34, Bison hows that for a wild one?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :cool:

Bisonation & BisBison1,

What's it like to not have seen your own penis for the past 15 years?

Serious question.

BisBison1 said:

Or does the MFVC just not play offense?

UND and Griz would have finished 4th and 5th in total defense (yards allowed) in the MVFC.

MFVC's leading offensive team (Ill St) would have finished 6th in the Big Sky.

Pick your poison.

AZGrizFan said:
BisBison1 said:

Or does the MFVC just not play offense?

UND and Griz would have finished 4th and 5th in total defense (yards allowed) in the MVFC.

MFVC's leading offensive team (Ill St) would have finished 6th in the Big Sky.

Pick your poison.

Great post.

The biggest difference here is not the changes in the team(s), but the coaching change for the Griz. We have a coach who is inventive/innovative. He has shown game planning strategies and skills not recently seen on this team. His players are well-coached and if they don't get it or lack skills or lack heart they don't play and/or are gone from the team. He and his coaches (ok, we will stick to offense here) show the ability to change and adjust on the fly, not waiting for half time, and seem to anticipate opponent adjustments. You will not see the same single-minded offensive play calling from this staff. You will not see indecisiveness or inexperienced in-game decisions. The offense will rotate players and stay fresh while the NDSU rebuilt defense risks wilting with exhaustion and elevation. I see this as a great match-up with lots of new intrigue, with neither team taking the other lightly, even if they bounce out to an early big lead. Perhaps the biggest obstacle for the Bison offense is the western states' refs, as the Bison O-line could be called for holding more times in the first quarter than all of last year.

Maybe more passing attempts/game but still the bread and butter is the power running game with play action pass off of that.

NDSU's OL will be very good. It will be interesting to see if the Griz defense will crowd the box to try and stop the run early. Polasek will probably come out throwing the ball which he did a lot last year to open the game.

horribilisfan8184 said:
Perhaps the biggest obstacle for the Bison offense is the western states' refs, as the Bison O-line could be called for holding more times in the first quarter than all of last year.

Or NDSU will test the officials early to see how much holding they will permit? At least this time we have a staff that will also adjust to how the officials are, or are not calling holding.

The last few years, this probably upset me more than anything. Opponents would not be flagged for holding (errrrrr, tackling Wagenmann), yet the GRIZ coaches did not give our OL the green light to do the same. No wonder the GRIZ OL was uncharacteristically inconsistent the last few years.

Back