• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU on SBnation

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
FCSwatcher said:
By the way nice Job in DJ's basement

True, but it's not done yet. If he "does what I told him too" there won't be a man cave like that in Fargo.

article-2154968-13747EAE000005DC-988_634x480.jpg

CDAGRIZ said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
FCSwatcher said:
By the way nice Job in DJ's basement

True, but it's not done yet. If he "does what I told him too" there won't be a man cave like that in Fargo.

article-2154968-13747EAE000005DC-988_634x480.jpg
CDA, normally I like your stuff but I thought we had a deal to not post any pictures of me until I lost the New Years 25? My belly barely rubs the pole when I dance now.............traitor

:coffee:

Lakerhater said:
FCSwatcher said:
CFallsGriz said:
It pains me to say it but I'm just sick of ndsu in the same way I'm sick of Saban and Belichick. The cliche is old but to beat the man, you have to, well...yeah. I hope we're on the way back dammit. It's been too long. Literally.
Do younger fans even remember when we were dominant?

Thankfully there are more games today and plenty of booze. Here's to playing a game in January ASAFP...seriously congrats to ndsu somehow building something admirable. Finally that state has something to it's hat on. Enjoy it while it lasts.

A lot of national championships in ND. NDSU is second in the state for D1. I love the State of Montana but there is no comparison when it comes to National Championships at the team level

UND hockey 7
NDSU 5

You don't want to include the DII between both schools

Wow, gotta love the hockey niche sport mentality; how difficult can it be to win a hockey title when you're competing against NAIA and D III 's ? Case in point..... 2014 champ Union College out of (go ahead, guess).........too late, Schenectady, NY.....or the 2013 champ Yale beating up little Quinnipiac for the natty.... (what the hell is a quinnipiac?) out of Hampden, CT. Now, granted, these schools may be household names in Pembina, Hallock, MN and Grand Forks. One would think that winning hockey titles at El Forko Grande U would be common place, or at least would occur more that once every fifteen to twenty years.

Wow this thread is a shitshow.

Union beat Vermont, Providence, Boston College, and Minnesota in the playoffs to win the championship that year... not exactly easy competition. Many of the small, non D1, schools in hockey pour all of their resources into their hockey programs, similar to the Big East in basketball. How do the small schools of the Big East stack up with the Big Sky and Slummit? Gonzaga should be bad at basketball because they are a small school, right? Quinnipiac is D1 for all sports. D1 hockey has more parity than any sport in the NCAA. Yale won the tournament as a 16 seed, for example. What are the odds of that happening in FCS football or in basketball?

North Dakota will win another championship soon. We are snake bitten...

Season GP W L T Finish Playoffs
2002–03 43 26 12 5 3rd, WCHA Lost in NCAA West Regional, 2–5 (Ferris State)
2003–04 41 30 8 3 1st, WCHA Lost in NCAA West Regional Finals, 0–1 (Denver)
2004–05 45 25 15 5 3rd, WCHA Lost in NCAA National Championship, 1–4 (Denver)
2005–06 46 29 16 1 T-3rd, WCHA Lost in NCAA Frozen Four, 5–6 (Boston College)
2006–07 43 24 14 5 3rd, WCHA Lost in NCAA Frozen Four, 4–6 (Boston College)
2007–08 43 28 11 4 2nd, WCHA Lost in NCAA Frozen Four, 1–6 (Boston College)
2008–09 43 24 15 4 1st, WCHA Lost in NCAA Northeast Regional, 5–6 (New Hampshire)
2009–10 43 25 13 5 T-4th, WCHA Lost in NCAA Northeast Regional, 2–3 (Yale)
2010–11 44 32 9 3 1st, WCHA Lost in NCAA Frozen Four, 0–2 (Michigan)
2011–12 41 26 13 3 4th, WCHA Lost in NCAA West Regional Finals, 2–5 (Minnesota)
2012–13 42 22 13 7 3rd, WCHA Lost in NCAA West Regional, 1–4 (Yale)
2013–14 42 25 14 3 2nd, NCHC Lost in NCAA Frozen Four, 1–2 (Minnesota)
2014–15 42 29 10 3 1st, NCHC Lost in NCAA Frozen Four, 3–5 (Boston University)

nodak651 said:
Lakerhater said:
FCSwatcher said:
CFallsGriz said:
It pains me to say it but I'm just sick of ndsu in the same way I'm sick of Saban and Belichick. The cliche is old but to beat the man, you have to, well...yeah. I hope we're on the way back dammit. It's been too long. Literally.
Do younger fans even remember when we were dominant?

Thankfully there are more games today and plenty of booze. Here's to playing a game in January ASAFP...seriously congrats to ndsu somehow building something admirable. Finally that state has something to it's hat on. Enjoy it while it lasts.

A lot of national championships in ND. NDSU is second in the state for D1. I love the State of Montana but there is no comparison when it comes to National Championships at the team level

UND hockey 7
NDSU 5

You don't want to include the DII between both schools

Wow, gotta love the hockey niche sport mentality; how difficult can it be to win a hockey title when you're competing against NAIA and D III 's ? Case in point..... 2014 champ Union College out of (go ahead, guess).........too late, Schenectady, NY.....or the 2013 champ Yale beating up little Quinnipiac for the natty.... (what the hell is a quinnipiac?) out of Hampden, CT. Now, granted, these schools may be household names in Pembina, Hallock, MN and Grand Forks. One would think that winning hockey titles at El Forko Grande U would be common place, or at least would occur more that once every fifteen to twenty years.

Wow this thread is a shitshow.

Welcome to E-griz!

Back