• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Offer - James Homan

He's in a spread offense and he looks like the game moves fairly slow for him. He's making adjustments on the fly within a second after the snap.could stand to gain a few pounds.

stonecrest said:
Can he gain 100 pounds and play DT....... I would like to hear some more offers for our d-line.
One box is checked off; we only need nine more WRs for this recruiting class.

if this recruiting class holds up our offense will be insane in a few years... However, our defense will rival ewu and msu.

Eriul said:
if this recruiting class holds up our offense will be insane in a few years... However, our defense will rival ewu and msu.

About two months until signing day central. Perhaps if we held off on the doomsday predictions until then. Let's assume Stitt & company are placing appropriate focus on the matter and are approaching it with all VIM necessary to succeed.

AZGrizFan said:
Eriul said:
:? :? :?

What?

I mean... it's no secret our defense is going to need work after this year... I don't think recruiting 2-1 ratio of offense/defense is going to get it done.

bgbigdog said:
Eriul said:

About two months until signing day central. Perhaps if we held off on the doomsday predictions until then. Let's assume Stitt & company are placing appropriate focus on the matter and are approaching it with all VIM necessary to succeed.

That's why I stated the bolded section. I didn't make a prediction or anything. You can't honestly believe that if this trend of recruiting continues that we will provide a competitive defense.

Eriul said:
AZGrizFan said:
Eriul said:

What?

I mean... it's no secret our defense is going to need work after this year... I don't think recruiting 2-1 ratio of offense/defense is going to get it done.

The HS kids being recruited right now weren't going to be helping next year anyways. Our RS FR class (that WILL help next year) is LOADED with studs. Stitt has already mentioned a couple drop downs (not by name) to help on the D-line...I think when everything shakes out we'll be fine.

Eriul said:
bgbigdog said:
Eriul said:

That's why I stated the bolded section. I didn't make a prediction or anything. You can't honestly believe that if this trend of recruiting continues that we will provide a competitive defense.

Half of a recruiting season does not a trend make.

Eriul said:
bgbigdog said:
Eriul said:

Don't believe the trend continues. Honestly. I think you did make a declarative, If...our offense will be... & However, our defense will... I have faith in the process, and that they are pursuing a plan to balance things & have the right pieces in place all-around next season. You're also making some trend assumptions about an offense that had as many Jekyll as Hyde moments last season - not always trending positively. I'm not @ all convinced the offense will ever be insane, but I do hope it will be effective.

AZGrizFan said:
Eriul said:
bgbigdog said:
Eriul said:

Half of a recruiting season does not a trend make.

You might want to study up on what the word trend means :p

bgbigdog said:
Eriul said:
bgbigdog said:
Eriul said:

Don't believe the trend continues. Honestly. I think you did make a declarative, If...our offense will be... & However, our defense will... I have faith in the process, and that they are pursuing a plan to balance things & have the right pieces in place all-around next season. You're also making some trend assumptions about an offense that had as many Jekyll as Hyde moments last season - not always trending positively. I'm not @ all convinced the offense will ever be insane, but I do hope it will be effective.

Im glad you have faith in the process. I never said I did or did not. I simply stated that IF this keeps up then we won't provide a competitive defense. That's just common sense. Can't give all the attention to one side of the ball and scholarships and expect the other side to keep up.

AZGrizFan said:
Eriul said:
AZGrizFan said:
Eriul said:

What?

The HS kids being recruited right now weren't going to be helping next year anyways. Our RS FR class (that WILL help next year) is LOADED with studs. Stitt has already mentioned a couple drop downs (not by name) to help on the D-line...I think when everything shakes out we'll be fine.

Never said anything about next year.

AZGrizFan said:
Eriul said:
AZGrizFan said:
Eriul said:

What?

Plus people forget there were 10 defensive recruits last year so a few more offensive guys this year isn't going to hurt.

HookedonGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Eriul said:
AZGrizFan said:

What?

Plus people forget there were 10 defensive recruits last year so a few more offensive guys this year isn't going to hurt.

I don't think 10 is that much... to compare we got 13 on offense last year. Sure some of those guys are gone but I am sure some of the defense is gone too

Latest posts

Back