• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New spring roster and position changes.

I don't think the picture is from this year.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizFB/status/971060338983448576[/tweet]

PlayerRep said:
Dillon said:
I'm a beginning to think the Calhoun to CB was just an e-griz rumor!

Was it ever a rumor, as opposed to just speculation?

The coaches like the receiver group.

Is there a difference between eGriz rumor and speculation? Pretty sure they go hand in hand here.

After watching Nagler and Rensvold forever it seems like, I'm really anxious to see how they progress this year. The one kid I was most impressed with at the Shriner's game in Billings last summer was the Roberts kid from one of the Missoula high schools(?) I believe. Unbelievable hands for a high school kid so any idea where he will wind up this year? What about the C Falls kid, Braxton Reiton? Any other small town/school kids this year who'll see significant playing time?

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
After watching Nagler and Rensvold forever it seems like, I'm really anxious to see how they progress this year. The one kid I was most impressed with at the Shriner's game in Billings last summer was the Roberts kid from one of the Missoula high schools(?) I believe. Unbelievable hands for a high school kid so any idea where he will wind up this year? What about the C Falls kid, Braxton Reiton? Any other small town/school kids this year who'll see significant playing time?

Braxton Reiten quit the team

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

Roberts is at receiver. Watching him Monday, I couldn't help but have visions of his big brother. He looks good.

alabamagrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:
Dillon said:

Is there a difference between eGriz rumor and speculation? Pretty sure they go hand in hand here.

Yes. A rumor comes from somewhere, and may or may not be correct. Speculation is when someone just speculates and wonders if Calhoun might get moved. I never heard such a rumor, and would have doubted it if it had been presented as a rumor.

alabamagrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:
Dillon said:

Egriz rumor and speculation are facts!

PlayerRep said:
alabamagrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:
Dillon said:

Yes. A rumor comes from somewhere, and may or may not be correct. Speculation is when someone just speculates and wonders if Calhoun might get moved. I never heard such a rumor, and would have doubted it if it had been presented as a rumor.

In my experiences with rumor and speculation, speculation comes first, someone else believes it and spreads it as rumor. Yes, you are correct, there is a difference, but they are still hand in hand and not just here.

kemajic said:
bgbigdog said:
brewskis said:
The most curious move is Nagler to LB....in my opinion at least. Why not TE? He’s a hell of an athlete, I hope he adjusts well and gets on the field soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need for “atheletes” at the LB position? Seems like a number of them from the prior regime are being looked @ in other positions, so there’s clearly a need. Hauck said he wants the best 11 in the field, seems like a sound philosophy to me.
Josh Buss was arguably the best RB in his recruiting class. Choices have to be made.

Also in the Big Sky, you better have LBs who can run and cover.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
bgbigdog said:
brewskis said:
The most curious move is Nagler to LB....in my opinion at least. Why not TE? He’s a hell of an athlete, I hope he adjusts well and gets on the field soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need for “atheletes” at the LB position? Seems like a number of them from the prior regime are being looked @ in other positions, so there’s clearly a need. Hauck said he wants the best 11 in the field, seems like a sound philosophy to me.
Josh Buss was arguably the best RB in his recruiting class. Choices have to be made.

Also in the Big Sky, you better have LBs who can run and cover.

He was also the best wrestler and lacrosse player. Thank God he choose football.

alabamagrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:
alabamagrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:

In my experiences with rumor and speculation, speculation comes first, someone else believes it and spreads it as rumor. Yes, you are correct, there is a difference, but they are still hand in hand and not just here.

Agree, a rumor can also be based on hearing, or thinking one heard, something to base the rumor on (beside speculation). "A friend of X's sister told she said Y was changing positions. "Haslam is planning to extend Stitt by 3 or 1 years." By the way, Stitt told the OK St. coaches that many Griz fans wanted Bobby back the first day Stitt started at UM.

PlayerRep said:
alabamagrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Agree, a rumor can also be based on hearing, or thinking one heard, something to base the rumor on (beside speculation). "A friend of X's sister told she said Y was changing positions. "Haslam is planning to extend Stitt by 3 or 1 years." By the way, Stitt told the OK St. coaches that many Griz fans wanted Bobby back the first day Stitt started at UM.
Read that many times on eGiz when Stitt was hired.

Griz 'n said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

Roberts is at receiver. Watching him Monday, I couldn't help but have visions of his big brother. He looks good.

I have to admit I don't know who his brother is as I never lived in this part of state other than when Joe Douglass played. I was reminded of Douglass and some of the impossible catches he made in the Shriners game but that's the only time I got to watch him. Rensvold is good and I think the staff made a good decision moving Jed to defense. Saw both Nagler and Rensvold a lot when they played against C Falls. Can't believe I'm still watching these same kids...

PlayerRep said:
alabamagrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Yes, also true. Plus, on your side note there, I believe many Griz fans wanted Bobby back before Stitt was hired.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Griz 'n said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

I have to admit I don't know who his brother is as I never lived in this part of state other than when Joe Douglass played. I was reminded of Douglass and some of the impossible catches he made in the Shriners game but that's the only time I got to watch him. Rensvold is good and I think the staff made a good decision moving Jed to defense. Saw both Nagler and Rensvold a lot when they played against C Falls. Can't believe I'm still watching these same kids...

His brother Ben played baseball for WSU and then came back here to play football for his last year of eligibility. Even though he hadn't played football for 4 years he was very impressive for that one year. Had a lot of interest from the NFL. Very athletic family. Sister plays basketball at Wyoming.

Back