• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Turf

Very minor changes to the bear. It's a completely different company than the one who designed the last two fields, so, it's obvious there would be differences. Now that I've seen it finished and up close, it looks very close and it is awesome.

Honestly, field and uniform smack has got to be absolutely the most unintelligent smack there is. And I'm saying on both sides, it is just really, really dumb. But CDA is right, and this isn't smack, it's just honesty, the upgraded Cat logo installation is a huge failure on the part of whoever installed it, and if ABC is talking about passes, how in the hell can MSU boosters be giving that company a pass on that?

The field looks great. The new font in the endzones will take some getting used to, but it looks good. Really like the 37 and the alternating green. The bear doesn't look bad nessarrarly, just more cartoonish. Its fine, but the old bear was better. And I think it's bs they couldn't match it closely.

havgrizfan said:
Very minor changes to the bear. It's a completely different company than the one who designed the last two fields, so, it's obvious there would be differences. Now that I've seen it finished and up close, it looks very close and it is awesome.

Honestly, field and uniform smack has got to be absolutely the most unintelligent smack there is. And I'm saying on both sides, it is just really, really dumb. But CDA is right, and this isn't smack, it's just honesty, the upgraded Cat logo installation is a huge failure on the part of whoever installed it, and if ABC is talking about passes, how in the hell can MSU boosters be giving that company a pass on that?

It seriously might be the worst looking field in all of college football. I have no idea how someone installed that, took a look, and said, "looks good, we're done." And then, the athletic department must have said, "yep, here's your check."

CDAGRIZ said:
havgrizfan said:

It seriously might be the worst looking field in all of college football. I have no idea how someone installed that, took a look, and said, "looks good, we're done." And then, the athletic department must have said, "yep, here's your check."

Respectfully asking for links to this miscarriage of a football field?

UMcheer2000 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
havgrizfan said:

Links to the miscarriage of a football field?

For whatever reason, I can't seem to find a pic of the new midfield logo that was just spliced into the old turf, but is clearly a different color and length. If you watch any of the youtube "highlights" for the Cats from the last few years, you can't miss it.

That bear design, came from a user on Sportslogos.net as a concept a few years ago...

New_Griz.png

Griz_Redux25.gif

Griz_Redux25full.gif

UMcheer2000 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Bobcat-Logo-Field1.jpg

Couple things that won't matter. Fieldturf did the logo replacement. It's probably hard to match 5-6 year old turf perfectly. The turf is in it's 9th season this year. It won't be around much longer.

KoolMoeDee said:
Couple things that won't matter. Fieldturf did the logo replacement. It's probably hard to match 5-6 year old turf perfectly. The turf is in it's 9th season this year. It won't be around much longer.

Neither will my 05 Silverado but if it came back from the body shop with a paint job looking like two rigs chopped together I would reject and not pay for the work.

Willie said:
That bear design, came from a user on Sportslogos.net as a concept a few years ago...

New_Griz.png

Griz_Redux25.gif

Griz_Redux25full.gif

Yup - also being in the design field, I noticed that too - I didn't really get a close up look to see if there were any "artistic" differences. I could be wrong, but both are pretty darn close. Though - didn't you come up with a similar looking one at some point as well?

horribilisfan8184 said:
Neither will my 05 Silverado but if it came back from the body shop with a paint job looking like two rigs chopped together I would reject and not pay for the work.

Do you think Fieldturf just keeps 5 year old used turf in their inventory? There was only a couple other options. Replace the whole field or wait until it's time for new turf.

KoolMoeDee said:
Do you think Fieldturf just keeps 5 year old used turf in their inventory? There was only a couple other options. Replace the whole field or wait until it's time for new turf.
Well, they do keep the old turf on replacements for "repurposing."

KoolMoeDee said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

Maybe dip it in the litter box lagoon for two weeks before installation to attempt to match better?

UMGriz75 said:
KoolMoeDee said:
Well, they do keep the old turf on replacements for "repurposing."

They recycle or dispose of old turf. Directly from Fieldturf.
There is no way a new logo will match the older carpet

UMGriz75 said:
UMcheer2000 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Bobcat-Logo-Field1.jpg

A far greater need for MSU than a new logo is a replacement for the crappy NE sideline bleachers which look like a holdover from the Gatton Field era...

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Willie said:

New_Griz.png

Griz_Redux25.gif

Griz_Redux25full.gif

Yup - also being in the design field, I noticed that too - I didn't really get a close up look to see if there were any "artistic" differences. I could be wrong, but both are pretty darn close. Though - didn't you come up with a similar looking one at some point as well?
I had one in the works, but scrapped it.

ABQCat said:
get'em_griz said:
It simply doesn't resolve at this distance folks. Look as much like a like of poop as it does a bear.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
Yeah because there are going to be a whole lot of people looking at it from that distance :msugrad:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back