• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Turf

Yeah yeah troll blaw blaw. Pretty weak ass counter-troll responses actually. I don't like the rough cut at Bobcat Stadium either although the UV wavelength with some wear and tear has pretty much taken care of that problem now. Hard to see these days.

Now... I suspect I'm not alone in thinking you guys blew it with the way that logo looks. It looked even worse on the close up photo I saw posted. At that time I thought it was because the field wasn't completed. Oops.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

ABQCat said:
get'em_griz said:
14040122_635995393217074_824947037840282671_n.jpg
It simply doesn't resolve at this distance folks. Look as much like a like of poop as it does a bear.

You Cats would know everything there is to know about a pile of shit, look at your program.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

KoolMoeDee said:
UMGriz75 said:
KoolMoeDee said:
Do you think Fieldturf just keeps 5 year old used turf in their inventory? There was only a couple other options. Replace the whole field or wait until it's time for new turf.
Well, they do keep the old turf on replacements for "repurposing."

They recycle or dispose of old turf. Directly from Fieldturf.
There is no way a new logo will match the older carpet
So you're saying the carpet doesn't match the drapes at cow college?
Sounds about right

ABQCat said:
Yeah yeah troll blaw blaw. Pretty weak ass counter-troll responses actually. I don't like the rough cut at Bobcat Stadium either although the UV wavelength with some wear and tear has pretty much taken care of that problem now. Hard to see these days.

Now... I suspect I'm not alone in thinking you guys blew it with the way that logo looks. It looked even worse on the close up photo I saw posted. At that time I thought it was because the field wasn't completed. Oops.

Yet last years logo which was pretty close to this one at least to the casual viewer drew rave reviews from people all over the country when they saw it on ESPN last year. Don't get me wrong had the cat field been on espn last year it would have got a ton of comments too, they just would have been of the WTF variety.

Silvertip said:
UMGriz75 said:
UMcheer2000 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
It seriously might be the worst looking field in all of college football. I have no idea how someone installed that, took a look, and said, "looks good, we're done." And then, the athletic department must have said, "yep, here's your check."
Respectfully asking for links to this miscarriage of a football field?

Bobcat-Logo-Field1.jpg

A far greater need for MSU than a new logo is a replacement for the crappy NE sideline bleachers which look like a holdover from the Gatton Field era...

Zoom in on this baby, shows off the carpet tile field, the quality amish built storage sheds and the rusted out bleachers.
Bobcat-Stadium1-630x378.jpg

Even from that height you can see the piss stained bleachers and not mistake them for Bobcat gold paint. Well done! Wouldn't want that to happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

grizd said:
Silvertip said:
UMGriz75 said:
UMcheer2000 said:
Respectfully asking for links to this miscarriage of a football field?

Bobcat-Logo-Field1.jpg

A far greater need for MSU than a new logo is a replacement for the crappy NE sideline bleachers which look like a holdover from the Gatton Field era...

Zoom in on this baby, shows off the carpet tile field, the quality amish built storage sheds and the rusted out bleachers.
Bobcat-Stadium1-630x378.jpg

The way that place is engineered, I wouldn't be surprised if they cut out around the midfield logo, leave it since it's not worn out yet, and put all new turf around it!

The Griz script at the 50 would have been my choice, since it's the official logo... But whatevs. Field looks great.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

griz5700 said:
The Griz script at the 50 would have been my choice, since it's the official logo... But whatevs. Field looks great.

The Griz script is a secondary logo. The bear is the main logo.

get'em_griz said:
griz5700 said:

Not according to this article.

http://www.montanakaimin.com/sports/the-logo-lowdown/article_e6830b80-575d-11e5-9352-774a9aed5d69.html

grizpsych said:
get'em_griz said:
griz5700 said:

http://www.montanakaimin.com/sports/the-logo-lowdown/article_e6830b80-575d-11e5-9352-774a9aed5d69.html

Interesting. I must have been on an older site that said the bear was the official logo.

get'em_griz said:
grizpsych said:
get'em_griz said:
griz5700 said:

Interesting. I must have been on an older site that said the bear was the official logo.
Many of the apparel sites say that the marching bear is the primary. Everything I found on UM's site shows that the full name with "The University of Montana" is the official logo (But, I think that refers to UM as a whole rather than athletics). This Kaimin article is the only thing I've found referring to Athletic logos. With that written, I know Universities take this seriously. The U that I work at recently changed its logo and I could get in some deep shit if I use the wrong one for official business.

Back