• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NEW VERBAL: ATH Garrett Graves- Eureka, MT

SeattleBobcat said:
EverettGriz said:
Looks as though Garrett had a true Eureka moment when he chose the GRIZ over msu.
I think Eureka is about as far away from Missoula as you can get and still be in MT.

I think you are think Ekalaka. Eureka is about 180 miles north of Missoula.

Griz90 said:
"He chose Montana over a similar offer from rival Montana State, which was also dangling a chance to play QB."

That's right! Suck it Bobcats! We are Montana!

Guessing you said that a little "Tongue in cheek" or just to get a rise out of Cats fans on here, but this one is actually an interesting case study. Kids choose schools for so many different reasons, including family ties and educational programs or opportunities. Often times they already have their minds made up and are just waiting for the offer, especially when it comes to MSU vs UM.

In reading the article, he had full ride offers from both MSU and UM. His mom was a UM grad, but his dad and sister were both MSU grads. So this really was a kid who could end up at either place. Sounds like the deciding factor was he really enjoyed our coaches (guessing our facilities couldn't hurt either) from his Camp experience with the Griz. I know our coaches and staff take some grief here, but it looks like they hit it out of the park here and with our other 2018 commits thus far. They must be doing something right is my point.

VimSince03 said:
SeattleBobcat said:
EverettGriz said:
Looks as though Garrett had a true Eureka moment when he chose the GRIZ over msu.
I think Eureka is about as far away from Missoula as you can get and still be in MT.

Ekalaka, thats Carter County Bulldog country down there

VimSince03 said:
SeattleBobcat said:
EverettGriz said:

Indeed I was, Eureka is up by Libby isn't it. I was thinking, SE corner of the state... one road in, one road out.

SeattleBobcat said:
VimSince03 said:
SeattleBobcat said:
EverettGriz said:

Indeed I was, Eureka is up by Libby isn't it. I was thinking, SE corner of the state... one road in, one road out.
7 miles from Canada; 704 miles from Ekalaka.

kemajic said:
SeattleBobcat said:
VimSince03 said:
SeattleBobcat said:

When I think about that, damn.

fanofzoo said:
kemajic said:
SeattleBobcat said:
VimSince03 said:

Roughly the distance between NYC and Charleston, SC.

Don't count him out of any spot. He is a gamer who achieves above his potential in football and wrestling!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fanofzoo said:
kemajic said:
SeattleBobcat said:
VimSince03 said:

704 miles... holy crap. This probably lends itself more to Missoula than Bozeman, but I wonder how many out-of-state recruits actually live closer to Missoula than some in-state recruits? Pretty weird concept.

SeattleBobcat said:
fanofzoo said:
kemajic said:
SeattleBobcat said:

704 miles... holy crap. This probably lends itself more to Missoula than Bozeman, but I wonder how many out-of-state recruits actually live closer to Missoula than some in-state recruits? Pretty weird concept.

To add perspective, it is 575 miles from Portland Oregon to Missoula.

SeattleBobcat said:
VimSince03 said:
SeattleBobcat said:
EverettGriz said:

Have we ever had a recruit from Yaak?

The_Real_Chief said:
SeattleBobcat said:
VimSince03 said:
SeattleBobcat said:

Have we ever had a recruit from Yaak?

Jody Farmer...

The_Real_Chief said:
VimSince03 said:
SeattleBobcat said:
EverettGriz said:

Ekalaka, thats Carter County Bulldog country down there

Its not the end of the earth, but you can see it from there.

fanofzoo said:
kemajic said:
SeattleBobcat said:
VimSince03 said:

Ya, I'm with you on that. If fact I had to check it myself because it didn't sound right but sunuva beech that's crazy. WAY closer to drive from Eureka to Seattle than Eureka to Ekalaka.

Back