• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Next Project?

- National championship

- Complete the projects enhancing the athlete's experience...expansion/remodel locker rooms as required.
- Indoor practice facility.
- Wa-Griz suite additions/enhancements.
- Wa-Griz West-side press boxes.
- Wa-Griz bathroom upgrades with cat logos in the toilets.
- Softball stadium seating upgrade.
- New school president.
- Stadium beer sales.
- Medical School.

Quite the list....

I've said this before, and I know it's a pipe dream, but has it ever been considered to either move part, or all of the physical plant to say, East Broadway or something? That is such an awesome piece of land -- it seems like a waste to use it for storage of doors, signs, and desks. I know they do a lot more there, but c'mon.. That's a great piece of property.

Put a football practice facility, park, student housing, education building, just anything other than the physical plant. Just a thought...

general-aerial-view-of-washingtongrizzly-stadium-during-a-montana-picture-id124888149

D2/Grizzoola is seriously looking forward to the dome over WGS and some kind of restraint system that keeps fans in their seats at half-time.

I'm still waiting for that NEZ upper deck Super Slide to the tailgate area for easy egress at 1/2 time.

I hare the Big Sly Conference now. Too many pathetic teams. Inconsistent and unfair scheduling due to having too many teams. We should talk a few of the Big Sky teams into leaving and forming a new conference, WITHOUT North Dakota, Northern Colorado, Sac. State, and Southern Utah.

griz5700 said:
I've been harping on it for years. The single most scenic spot in the Missoula Valley, the literal Gateway to the University of Montana, and ... it hosts a maintenance facility. It is practically bizarre that it is not a priority to get Physical Plant out of there.

UMGriz75 said:
griz5700 said:
I've been harping on it for years. The single most scenic spot in the Missoula Valley, the literal Gateway to the University of Montana, and ... it hosts a maintenance facility. It is practically bizarre that it is not a priority to get Physical Plant out of there.

Thank you! Seems like a total no-brainer to me.

griz5700 said:
I've said this before, and I know it's a pipe dream, but has it ever been considered to either move part, or all of the physical plant to say, East Broadway or something? That is such an awesome piece of land -- it seems like a waste to use it for storage of doors, signs, and desks. I know they do a lot more there, but c'mon.. That's a great piece of property.

Put a football practice facility, park, student housing, education building, just anything other than the physical plant. Just a thought...

general-aerial-view-of-washingtongrizzly-stadium-during-a-montana-picture-id124888149

I agree with this, I hate that thing there so much, its such an eye sore and it makes the city planner in me cry and puke at the same time. Such an inefficient land use.

With the potential placement of an indoor practice bubble being placed at the current river bowl location, I would rather keep that area for intramurals and tailgating and have any new facilies be located where the plant is now......

It would be tough to show a recruit a better more beautiful loaction for them to be training and practicing daily than right on the beautiful clark fork ...hellgate in the back drop. get a great breeze through there, I love the idea.

Which is the physical plant again? is it the triangular area to the left of the stadium with lots of parking and rusty roofs?

Hopefully it's not sitting on a buried oil/gas tank currently leaking. Not having had the chance to walk the site, is it long/wide enough to fit the kind of indoor space that would benefit the teams needing it? Were it to be, got to be a no brainer if there aren't EPA concerns.

Hopefully it's not sitting on a buried oil/gas tank currently leaking. Not having had the chance to walk the site, is it long/wide enough to fit the kind of indoor space that would benefit the teams needing it?
Would it be a problem to replace the parking? If everything can be mitigated, got to be a no brainer if there aren't EPA concerns.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
I agree with this, I hate that thing there so much, its such an eye sore and it makes the city planner in me cry and puke at the same time. Such an inefficient land use.
It would be tough to show a recruit a better more beautiful location for them to be training and practicing daily than right on the beautiful clark fork ...hellgate in the back drop. get a great breeze through their, I love the idea.
It is so extraordinary as a location, it would make a terrific adjunct facility for athletics and recreation. Need big windows, lots of landscaping, but can't overwhelm the site, either. Perhaps indoor tennis courts, multi-purposed for semi-indoor tailgates, and small event hosting, pre-game and post-game functions. Almost anything is better than the Physical Plant. UM ought to have a design competition; pay to get some ideas from talented people and some visuals on alternatives.

UMGriz75 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
It would be tough to show a recruit a better more beautiful location for them to be training and practicing daily than right on the beautiful clark fork ...hellgate in the back drop. get a great breeze through their, I love the idea.
It is so extraordinary as a location, it would make a terrific adjunct facility for athletics and recreation. Need big windows, lots of landscaping, but can't overwhelm the site, either. Perhaps indoor tennis courts, multi-purposed for semi-indoor tailgates, and small event hosting, pre-game and post-game functions. Almost anything is better than the Physical Plant. UM ought to have a design competition; pay to get some ideas from talented people and some visuals on alternatives.

I agree, although it may be hard for the guys to concentrate watching all the drunk and high floaters going by there daily, while you're sweating your ass off running 100s and puking on yourself...hahaha

BadlandsGrizFan said:
griz5700 said:

With the potential placement of an indoor practice bubble being placed at the current river bowl location, I would rather keep that area for intramurals and tailgating and have any new facilies be located where the plant is now......

It would be tough to show a recruit a better more beautiful loaction for them to be training and practicing daily than right on the beautiful clark fork ...hellgate in the back drop. get a great breeze through there, I love the idea.

Plenty of room for a beautiful multisport indoor practice facility AND a much needed parking structure on the south side of that property. It's the perfect location for greatly needed parking for Adams Center events, football games, and student parking during the week. These both need to happen on that physical plant property.

Latest posts

Back