• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Not your regular favorite griz ever thread..

My favorite Egriz players are CDAGRIZ, CrunchGriz, DuCharme, Google Adsense [Bot], maroonandsilver, rail43boy and the 45 guests who are still awake and logged in here @ 3:07 CDT this morning. F$&k. I'm an old man who has to get up to pee after having an extra slice of doctored watermelon and am seeing this kind of activity, which is still 50 people more than Bozeman State nation has on its best day, is astounding. I'm having to hold back tears everyone. As for you, F$&King google Adsense Bot, I hope you fall off one of them GD drones one day soon.

Good night & good luck...

bgbigdog said:
My favorite Egriz players are CDAGRIZ, CrunchGriz, DuCharme, Google Adsense [Bot], maroonandsilver, rail43boy and the 45 guests who are still awake and logged in here @ 3:07 CDT this morning. F$&k. I'm an old man who has to get up to pee after having an extra slice of doctored watermelon and am seeing this kind of activity, which is still 50 people more than Bozeman State nation has on its best day, is astounding. I'm having to hold back tears everyone. As for you, F$&King google Adsense Bot, I hope you fall off one of them GD drones one day soon.

Maybe if you cried more you wouldn't have to get up and pee at night. Just a thought. Don't over think it! :)

Good night you prince of Second City.

Ursa Major said:
bgbigdog said:

Maybe if you cried more you wouldn't have to get up and pee at night. Just a thought. Don't over think it! :)

This is disappointing. Usually a response with a 3:12 am time stamp includes a certain amount of drunken rambling littered with broken English and conspiracy theories. Step up your game please.

jodcon said:
Ursa Major said:
bgbigdog said:

This is disappointing. Usually a response with a 3:12 am time stamp includes a certain amount of drunken rambling littered with broken English and conspiracy theories. Step up your game please.

I think we covered all of that. The conspiracy of aging, vodka-soaked watermelon, and there are @ least two grammatical issues with my posting. I applaude UM for his empathetic handling of my posits. You on the other hand, bastard.

bgbigdog said:
jodcon said:
Ursa Major said:
bgbigdog said:

I think we covered all of that. The conspiracy of aging, vodka-soaked watermelon, and there are @ least two grammatical issues with my posting. I applaude UM for his empathetic handling of my posits. You on the other hand, bastard.
:lol: :lol: Nice work men!!

Let's get this back to football, ya thread drifting pricks..

This one never gets old:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5jZQZ1GY7Q[/youtube]

My favorite?....ex-Sooner bad boy JD Quinn, who took over a spot in the Griz o-line while making for good reading in the cops n'courts section of the local rag...a real fungi...uhh, fun guy. :thumb:

Silvertip said:
My favorite?....ex-Sooner bad boy JD Quinn, who took over a spot in the Griz o-line while making for good reading in the cops n'courts section of the local rag...a real fungi...uhh, fun guy. :thumb:

I was working part time at the Albertsons on Russell and SW Higgins back in '08. One night JD and his old man came in and asked me where the nearest liquor store was. I kind of chuckled internally and then pointed them in the right direction.

Trey Mothaf*ckin Young

Also WR Jon Talmage. Deep and deadly on 3rd down.

Oh and Jefferson Heidelberger, took a punt and a kickoff to the house in the 02 (?) playoffs and was the top highlight on SportsCenter that night.

The 1988 team had Tim Hauck , Kirk Scrafford, Mike Rankin, Quinton Richardson and Jody Farmer. But the biggest single play occurred as Nygren's Ride.

Montana lead 19-17 with little time left on the clock, but Idaho had the ball inside the Griz 10 yard line. To this day I still don't know why Idaho decided to throw a pass... But they did.

Nygren got all the glory as he picked the flooting duck from Idaho QB Frieze, and racing 100 yards for a TD, but it was Defensive End JC Campbell that made it all happen by crushing the Olineman and hammering Frieze as he threw.

So for that play and many others that JC Campbell made he gets a vote from me.

Paytonlives said:
The 1988 team had Tim Hauck , Kirk Scrafford, Mike Rankin, Quinton Richardson and Jody Farmer. But the biggest single play occurred as Nygren's Ride.

Montana lead 19-17 with little time left on the clock, but Idaho had the ball inside the Griz 10 yard line. To this day I still don't know why Idaho decided to throw a pass... But they did.

Nygren got all the glory as he picked the flooting duck from Idaho QB Frieze, and racing 100 yards for a TD, but it was Defensive End JC Campbell that made it all happen by crushing the Olineman and hammering Frieze as he threw.

So for that play and many others that JC Campbell made he gets a vote from me.
:clap:

Here’s another one from that 69, 70 team that everybody should know about … you could just about count on him for an interception every game:

KARL STEIN: Played football at Montana in 1969 and 1970, and the Grizzlies went 10-0 both of those seasons, advancing to two Division II national championship games in a row.

Karl is is from San Anselmo, Calif. Stein, who was a returner and free safety, was voted Montana's Terry Dillon Award (Outstanding Player) winner in 1969.

He still holds Grizzly records with 20 interceptions (he also had an interception in the Camelia Bowl in 1970, which does not figure into his career stats) in just two seasons. His 11 interceptions in 1969 is the Big Sky Conference and Montana single-season records. He's ranked fourth in Big Sky history in career interceptions and is the only player ranked in the top 10 who did not play for four seasons.

He also holds the Griz record for most punt return yards in a game with 126 against Portland State in 1970. He was a first team All-Big Sky pick in 1969 and 1970 and an All-District 6 Team selection those two seasons. Stein was an Associated Press honorable mention All-American choice in 1969 and named to the Kodak All-American team in 1970. At one time he held UM records with 42 punt returns for 417 yards in 1970 and 207 interception return yards. Karl and his wife Youpa, live in Arlee. They have one son, Kai, 6.

Bobby Beers ... toughest 180 lb linebacker in the bidniss. Ray Brum, another one of those guys to small to play real height must have been about 5'6.
Molly McCollum, red haired, green eyed, head cheerleader in the 60s ... now someone's great grandmother.

I watched Karl, Ray and Bobby play. They were terrific players, for sure. But, that was another time and, almost, another kind of game.

I disagree that it has changed that much ... but that would be an interesting topic for a new discussion. People may be faster and bigger ... and more fanatical about achieving their highest levels, but the essentials of the game remain the same ... or do they?

Latest posts

Back