• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Observations of NDSU

yeager_fan said:
Bison envy is thick here.

Almost as thick as the gravy that just dipped my twinkie into.

I can’t speak for others but I can speak for myself and my observations. I’m certainly not envious of NDSU. They currently have what we had and I simply want it back. I also feel we have the right coach to bring it back and we will return to prominence. I can’t imagine there’s one GRiZ fan out there that wouldn’t want the same thing. We had it. We lost it. We will regain it.

yeager_fan said:
Almost as thick as the gravy that just dipped my twinkie into.

No one wants to hear about your sex life...such as it is or isn’t as the case may be.

Bison have been great since the 1960's. 31 conference titles. 13 national titles.

year record Conf title National title
1963–1965 24–6–0 2 1965
1966–1972 61–7–1 6 1968, 1969
1973–1975 17–13–0 2
1976–1978 24–9–1 2
1979–1984 57–15–0 4 1983
1985–1986 24–2–1 2 1985, 1986
1987–1996 91–25–1 5 1988, 1990
1997–2002 46–22 0
2003–2013 104–32 4 2011, 2012, 2013
2014– 52–6 4 2014, 2015

Montana has never at anytime had what Ndsu has going on right now. The machine they have built is unlike anything in college football. Culture, recruiting, mental toughness, community etc.

Coach said:
Montana has never at anytime had what Ndsu has going on right now. The machine they have built is unlike anything in college football. Culture, recruiting, mental toughness, community etc.

Yup.

Coach said:
Everyone in FCS should envy their program. Men against boys. Seems to be a self-perpetuating machine.

kemajic said:
Coach said:
Everyone in FCS should envy their program. Men against boys. Seems to be a self-perpetuating machine.

kinda like the "used ta could" is a reliably self-perpetuating machine captained by kem on egriz.

Coach said:

Certainly would be nice. Hopefully Hauck can Bri g in some assistants that can help get us over the hump (national championship)

argh! said:
kemajic said:
Coach said:

kinda like the "used ta could" is a reliably self-perpetuating machine captained by kem on egriz.
Whatever that meant, it's a first rate contribution to the thread.

Ndsu.....Midwest work ethic, they just line up and get it done.

Lot of envy to spread around I guess. They also have sound academic institutions supporting them.

Given the current financial morass here in treasure state, especially in Missoula, we may develop a great team with a shadow institution to represent.

kemajic said:
Coach said:

Not just FCS; there are many FBS programs that should envy them.

Just like Montana helped bring up the Big Sky, hopefully NDSU can bring up FCS as a whole.

footballdood said:
kemajic said:
Coach said:

Just like Montana helped bring up the Big Sky, hopefully NDSU can bring up FCS as a whole.

Yes to all expressed above!

certainly looking forward to seeing them play tonight. they are an exceptional team, stellar, i say.

They are who we thought they were. The best team in FCS. They have the community behind them, by a bunch. Even on their pages and comment sections, nobody hates on them or comments negativity. Missoula used to be that way. When you have community around your school, everything gets better NDSU shows well in almost all their sports and the football program has been the pride and joy. Now if they had a major scandal hit them...it would be interesting to see what would happen. As for now they have avoided all the disaster. In fact I’m surprised how clean everything has been for them. That community Love helps that...in more ways than one...

..they also have a endless supply of athletes from Minnesota and Wisconsin that will be there for
years..so this program will be around for a long time!

Yukon said:
Bison have been great since the 1960's. 31 conference titles. 13 national titles.

year record Conf title National title
1963–1965 24–6–0 2 1965
1966–1972 61–7–1 6 1968, 1969
1973–1975 17–13–0 2
1976–1978 24–9–1 2
1979–1984 57–15–0 4 1983
1985–1986 24–2–1 2 1985, 1986
1987–1996 91–25–1 5 1988, 1990
1997–2002 46–22 0
2003–2013 104–32 4 2011, 2012, 2013
2014– 52–6 4 2014, 2015
The FargoDome opened in the early 1990's, and it didn't get a playoff game for almost 20 years. Imagine that. Their fans were livid for decades!

The reason being that UND, Omaha, and N Colorado dominated the North Central Conference during that time. UND and UNC won D2 national championships during that time, not the bizzon.

It takes a concerted program effort to overcome NDSU dynasties. SDSU has beat them like drum this year, and SDSU was a nothing in football until they moved to FCS.

Think you better check your time line. und dominated the old NCC for 20 years???? You are so full of shit !!!!!! What does something that occurred 30 yrs ago have to do with present? und sucks in football and that won't change as long as Bubsey is the coach and Rudy is the OC .

footballdood said:
kemajic said:
Coach said:

By embarrassing the rest of us regularly, and making us look (or I should say, exposing us as) incompetent?

mtgrizfankb said:
They are who we thought they were. The best team in FCS. They have the community behind them, by a bunch. Even on their pages and comment sections, nobody hates on them or comments negativity. Missoula used to be that way. When you have community around your school, everything gets better NDSU shows well in almost all their sports and the football program has been the pride and joy. Now if they had a major scandal hit them...it would be interesting to see what would happen. As for now they have avoided all the disaster. In fact I’m surprised how clean everything has been for them. That community Love helps that...in more ways than one...
Nothing to be negative about when you're winning titles every year. What do you think happens when they inevitably regress? Sports fans are ugly everywhere

Latest posts

Back