• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

OK Furballs...

I'm legitimately happy that we'll be playing Montana again. I really enjoyed the series the last time we were in the big sky and I always pull for the Griz if I see a game.

So seriously, setting all kicks in the balls aside, how the fuck did Southern Utah win the conference this year? Are they generally a good program or was this a miracle year? How do the other teams stack up?

Also, any info on the new commish?

VandalPride97 said:
I'm legitimately happy that we'll be playing Montana again. I really enjoyed the series the last time we were in the big sky and I always pull for the Griz if I see a game.

So seriously, setting all kicks in the balls aside, how the f*** did Southern Utah win the conference this year? Are they generally a good program or was this a miracle year? How do the other teams stack up?

With so many football schools there is currently an unbalanced schedule. We play two "rivalry" schools each year in conference. For us that was EWU and MSU...for SU it is NAU and Weber State. After those two rivalry games there have been 10 programs left to play but conference play is only 6 more of those.

And welcome back....growing up in Missoula in the 70s and 80s I remember the Vandals quite well.

VandalPride97 said:

So seriously, setting all kicks in the balls aside, how the f*** did Southern Utah win the conference this year? Are they generally a good program or was this a miracle year? How do the other teams stack up?

:lol:

SUU was a good team with an extremely weak schedule. When you have 117 schools (or whatever the hell number we're up to now) in the conference, you can't play everyone, so Foolerton came up with a "plan". SUU is NOT a good program.

Commish has been named, the former associate AD of the Big 10. She's in my prayers.

VandalPride97 said:

I will give some credit where credit is due. They had a very strong defense and three of their guys from that side of the ball are legit draft hopefuls this year. They also had a pretty legit quarterback who has tried out with a couple NFL teams. With that said, they had one of the easier schedules in the Big Sky. They escaped playing some of the top dogs

HookedonGriz said:
I asked this on another thread, but I am quite curious:

What is a Vandal by the way? I know Vanilla Ice raps about one on his coveted track "Ice Ice Baby".

"To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up the stage and wax a chump like a candle"

Getting rocked like a vandal doesn't sound appealing in this light. Nor does getting your chump waxed like a candle, unless she's smoking hot. Any help here? CDA??

The 17th century Vandals were Germanic types who engaged in drunken hell raising, pillaging and raping - not to be confused with the 20th century version - Martha and the Vandellas...

Silvertip said:
HookedonGriz said:
I asked this on another thread, but I am quite curious:

What is a Vandal by the way? I know Vanilla Ice raps about one on his coveted track "Ice Ice Baby".

"To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up the stage and wax a chump like a candle"

Getting rocked like a vandal doesn't sound appealing in this light. Nor does getting your chump waxed like a candle, unless she's smoking hot. Any help here? CDA??

The 17th century Vandals were Germanic types who engaged in drunken hell raising, pillaging and raping - not to be confused with the 20th century version - Martha and the Vandellas...

So an Ursa Major Saturday night, is what you're saying.

"The pump don't work cause the vandal stole the handle."[/quote]
Thanks for putting this song in my head
Johnny's still in the basement, mixing up the medicine.

I really wouldn't listen to other Griz posters talking smack about SUU they earned their Big Sky championship. The only teams they didn't play were us (who depending on who was playing QB could have been a bad day) a horrible Eastern Washington team with a turnover happy QB and 0 defense to speak of, Idaho state which doesn't need an explanation and a hot and cold North Dakota Squad. We were lucky not to play the Thunderbirds last year especially with that defense they had with three NFL players on it, they have put some serious effort into their football program recently especially after joining the Big Sky Conference and it's starting to show, it's an issue with the FCS playoffs why they had to go on the road in the first round.

VandalPride97 said:

We will be bringing the potatoes for the first Idaho @ Montana game just an FYI.

Some things never change around here.

UTGrizFan said:
I really wouldn't listen to other Griz posters talking smack about SUU they earned their Big Sky championship. The only teams they didn't play were us (who depending on who was playing QB could have been a bad day) a horrible Eastern Washington team with a turnover happy QB and 0 defense to speak of, Idaho state which doesn't need an explanation and a hot and cold North Dakota Squad. We were lucky not to play the Thunderbirds last year especially with that defense they had with three NFL players on it, they have put some serious effort into their football program recently especially after joining the Big Sky Conference and it's starting to show, it's an issue with the FCS playoffs why they had to go on the road in the first round.

UT, no doubt SUU had a good team, and we've all said so. But I believe they'd have lost to at least two of the teams they didn't play. What was their best win, MSU? They lost to SDSU by like 45. It was a good solid team; it wasn't a champion team. It was a down year in the BSC, and the joke scheduling gave them the title.

And the OP asked if they have a good program. To answer that with anything but a firm "No" would simply be disingenuous. My prediction: back to the mean for them this year.

I'm a bit out of shape when it comes to sparring with a Vandal fan (Vandals! They still call themselves that, haha!). I've never really lived in a world in which the Vandals (haha!) were a factor. I think we beat them with a veer option in 2003, or something, but I don't know if they've fielded a team lately. I think it's really cool that they are going to give football another try, and I welcome them to the conference!

Paytonlives said:
floridagriz15 said:
"You should learn to be classy like the Cats and Eagles." - Vandal Fan

Lmfao.

They are "classy" because the van dolls usually kicked their asses... nice

Truth. What are your thoughts on that MSU @ Idaho game? Who do you want to win Payton?

Back