• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ok, hoops, what's your lame excuse for BH now?

Berkeley_Griz said:
Allezchat said:
He's watching rugby? Does he understand it? Did he even play the game?

Ha, that's too funny. Hoops can be a good poster, but he's constantly held back by an overly inflated ego that masks some sort of insecurity. Once I pointed out insecurity in his old screen name, and Hoops flew in to defend the honor of said other screen name. As in, acting like a third person to defend what was actually himself. It was amazing.
The guy is amazing in the sense that he is constantly in the mode of convincing everyone and himself how important he is. It's fun to casually drop the name of someone influential and watch him come out of the woodwork about how he just had dinner with that person.

Skookum-Jim said:
Berkeley_Griz said:
Ha, that's too funny. Hoops can be a good poster, but he's constantly held back by an overly inflated ego that masks some sort of insecurity. Once I pointed out insecurity in his old screen name, and Hoops flew in to defend the honor of said other screen name. As in, acting like a third person to defend what was actually himself. It was amazing.
The guy is amazing in the sense that he is constantly in the mode of convincing everyone and himself how important he is.

This is true. He's certainly had a good career and successful life, and more power to him, but it's nothing nearly as big as he talks. I can't think of a single person I graduated with who hasn't done at least as well, at minimum.

Berkeley_Griz said:
Allezchat said:

Oh I like the guy. I'm sure if he reads that he'll appreciate the humor in my post.

Allezchat said:
Berkeley_Griz said:
Oh I like the guy. I'm sure if he reads that he'll appreciate the humor in my post.

I like most of his posts. He's a good dude with some valid thoughts. He just needs to get over himself a bit.

Skookum-Jim said:
Berkeley_Griz said:
The guy is amazing in the sense that he is constantly in the mode of convincing everyone and himself how important he is. It's fun to casually drop the name of someone influential and watch him come out of the woodwork about how he just had dinner with that person.

It’s called NPD 😉

I can only imagine that this is what UDubs message board was like a few years ago.
Sky is falling: oh woe is us: et al
Wasn’t too impressed with lineman standing, watching Vidlak get chased. (Shakes head)

I can only imagine that this is what UDubs message board was like a few years ago.
Wasn’t too impressed with lineman standing, watching Vidlak get chased. (Shakes head)

To be clear…we are talking about someone who purports to be the second best corner and/or top five defensive back EVER to play at Dartmouth but after 50 years he’s not in their hall of fame. He also perpetrates the notion that he is in the National Native American Hall of Fame when in fact he has only been inducted into a regional version. He pushes those narratives because he thinks it somehow gives his ridiculous opinions credibility. This is the same guy who routinely calls people liars on this site.

Yes, PR is annoying with all the insecure bragging and name dropping, but I do know he actually is a successful, smart guy, which is why I find it strange that he feels the need to constantly throw his accolades out there. The other funny thing is that for being such a smart guy, and someone who played the game, it's shocking how many really, really stupid things he posts about football. Troy Andersen isn't very fast, no way he gets drafted high. DeNarius McGhee is a bit of a pussy. griz OL is better and deeper than the Cats OL. griz D is better than the Cats. griz will beat the Cats. Hauck is a better coach than Vigen. So dumb.

He will defend the program and the team no matter what, and he will always find some way of doing that. I actually appreciate that level of support, and I also try to keep private my negative thoughts because it just won't help anything. I didn't know him before posting here, but he reached out and we have talked a few times. I think he is a good guy who has a persona on here. I actually do have a good friend who is a lawyer in Missoula, and he says he is pretty fun to have a drink with.

I'm not trying to say nobody should be able to rub his nose in it on this game, just like I don't blame anyone who has kept receipts of my rosy glasses outlook, but I'd not judge him as a person because of his message board persona.

Or, do judge away. Its a free country, just my two cents.

griznhel said:
To be fair, the sky was falling in Seattle that year. The 2021 Huskies team went 4-8, including a blowout loss to their rival WSU in the final game of the season. Their coach was replaced after 9 games, and they improved almost immediately in 2022.

ElrodGrizzly said:
He will defend the program and the team no matter what, and he will always find some way of doing that. I actually appreciate that level of support, and I also try to keep private my negative thoughts because it just won't help anything. I didn't know him before posting here, but he reached out and we have talked a few times. I think he is a good guy who has a persona on here. I actually do have a good friend who is a lawyer in Missoula, and he says he is pretty fun to have a drink with.

I'm not trying to say nobody should be able to rub his nose in it on this game, just like I don't blame anyone who has kept receipts of my rosy glasses outlook, but I'd not judge him as a person because of his message board persona.

I agree! Would enjoy having a beer with him.

Berkeley_Griz said:
Allezchat said:

Lol @ "PlayerRep". The name really did say it all. Especially considering he didn't actually represent any players. So absurd.

There’s a different between blind loyalty and being a d*ck. He’s a d*ck on here. Every comment he makes is associated with a put down. Every opinion he has he types out as if he’s baffled you can’t see things his way.

Real life? Maybe a great dude to have a beer and burger with. On this board? This is totally warranted.

grizband said:
griznhel said:
To be fair, the sky was falling in Seattle that year. The 2021 Huskies team went 4-8, including a blowout loss to their rival WSU in the final game of the season. Their coach was replaced after 9 games, and they improved almost immediately in 2022.

While not the same coach, it was very instructive to see the Huskies fire Willingham. Story after story in the Seattle Times was how Notre Dame was racist for firing Willingham, and then UW does the same thing.

poorgriz said:
Yes, PR is annoying with all the insecure bragging and name dropping, but I do know he actually is a successful, smart guy, which is why I find it strange that he feels the need to constantly throw his accolades out there. The other funny thing is that for being such a smart guy, and someone who played the game, it's shocking how many really, really stupid things he posts about football. Troy Andersen isn't very fast, no way he gets drafted high. DeNarius McGhee is a bit of a pussy. griz OL is better and deeper than the Cats OL. griz D is better than the Cats. griz will beat the Cats. Hauck is a better coach than Vigen. So dumb.

You certainly hit the nail on the head. The level of insecurity and desperate need for recognition from strangers is bizarre for someone that has had a decently successful life. Would love to see what a psychiatrist would say after having a crack at him.

Oldschoolhornet said:
To be clear…we are talking about someone who purports to be the second best corner and/or top five defensive back EVER to play at Dartmouth but after 50 years he’s not in their hall of fame. He also perpetrates the notion that he is in the National Native American Hall of Fame when in fact he has only been inducted into a regional version. He pushes those narratives because he thinks it somehow gives his ridiculous opinions credibility. This is the same guy who routinely calls people liars on this site.
He graduated from Dartmouth and Stanford Law School. He played football while at Dartmouth and he is in the Indian Hall of Fame. In my book, not bad for an individual with a humble beginning.

Spanky2 said:
Oldschoolhornet said:
He graduated from Dartmouth and Stanford Law School. He played football while at Dartmouth and he is in the Indian Hall of Fame. In my book, not bad for an individual with a humble beginning.

He's done fine for himself, yet I graduated with a couple dozen people notably more successful, and none of them do the weird insecure bragging/ putting down others BS. That's the only reason Hoops annoys people.

Yes…he graduated from Dartmouth and Stanford…not denying those great achievements. I’m pointing out the gross embellishments he propagates. It would be the same as someone who is in the University of Montana Football Hall of Fame (great achievement) sitting at a bar claiming he was in the NCAA College Football HOF. HUGE difference.
He pushes exaggerations and embellishments to promote the validity of his opinions that are merely the ramblings of a guy who played half a century ago. All this from the same guy who routinely calls posters liars and diminishes/disparages their opinions as irrelevant because they didn’t play the game anymore than Bobby did.
Feel free to feel any way you’d like to about him…I’m just posting the facts.

ElrodGrizzly said:

I'm with you. I appreciate him. I would 100% sit down and have a beer with him.

Back