• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ok, hoops, what's your lame excuse for BH now?

ElrodGrizzly said:
He will defend the program and the team no matter what, and he will always find some way of doing that. I actually appreciate that level of support, and I also try to keep private my negative thoughts because it just won't help anything. I didn't know him before posting here, but he reached out and we have talked a few times. I think he is a good guy who has a persona on here. I actually do have a good friend who is a lawyer in Missoula, and he says he is pretty fun to have a drink with.

I'm not trying to say nobody should be able to rub his nose in it on this game, just like I don't blame anyone who has kept receipts of my rosy glasses outlook, but I'd not judge him as a person because of his message board persona.

Or, do judge away. Its a free country, just my two cents.

And I have two attorney friends who think he is a self-promoting dick

Berkeley_Griz said:
Spanky2 said:
He graduated from Dartmouth and Stanford Law School. He played football while at Dartmouth and he is in the Indian Hall of Fame. In my book, not bad for an individual with a humble beginning.

He's done fine for himself, yet I graduated with a couple dozen people notably more successful, and none of them do the weird insecure bragging/ putting down others BS. That's the only reason Hoops annoys people.

My experience with truly successful people, most of whom have made themselves extremely wealthy, is that you would never hear them bragging and name-dropping like Manning does. I think it is a time-tested truism that those who constantly brag, are nothing but wannabees, trying to convince people otherwise.

CatsRback said:
There’s a different between blind loyalty and being a d*ck. He’s a d*ck on here. Every comment he makes is associated with a put down. Every opinion he has he types out as if he’s baffled you can’t see things his way.

Real life? Maybe a great dude to have a beer and burger with. On this board? This is totally warranted.

Lol to the “he’s not an asshole, he’s just plays one on the internet” crowd.

This is a 70+ year old man who has disparaged my recently-deceased father several times on this board because I dared to make fun of his blatant brown nosing and name dropping.

Additionally, he has repeatedly insulted the experience of another board member’s military service.

This kind of crap is WAY out of line and he deserves every bit of criticism that he gets.

poorgriz said:
Yes, PR is annoying with all the insecure bragging and name dropping, but I do know he actually is a successful, smart guy, which is why I find it strange that he feels the need to constantly throw his accolades out there. The other funny thing is that for being such a smart guy, and someone who played the game, it's shocking how many really, really stupid things he posts about football. Troy Andersen isn't very fast, no way he gets drafted high. DeNarius McGhee is a bit of a pussy. griz OL is better and deeper than the Cats OL. griz D is better than the Cats. griz will beat the Cats. Hauck is a better coach than Vigen. So dumb.
More recently, D2 ferris would have beat the cats last week...

gotgame75 said:
CatsRback said:
There’s a different between blind loyalty and being a d*ck. He’s a d*ck on here. Every comment he makes is associated with a put down. Every opinion he has he types out as if he’s baffled you can’t see things his way.

Real life? Maybe a great dude to have a beer and burger with. On this board? This is totally warranted.

This is a 70+ year old man who has disparaged my recently-deceased father several times on this board because I dared to make fun of his blatant brown nosing and name dropping.

Additionally, he has repeatedly insulted the experience of another board member’s military service.

This kind of crap is WAY out of line and he deserves every bit of criticism that he gets.

What pisses me off is that he is immune from banning, after he makes the personal classless insults to poster's personal lives. He should have been banned years ago.

gotgame75 said:
CatsRback said:

This is a 70+ year old man who has disparaged my recently-deceased father several times on this board

I have not seen that. That would certainly be well beyond the lone of acceptability, but I haven't seen that.

ElrodGrizzly said:
gotgame75 said:
This is a 70+ year old man who has disparaged my recently-deceased father several times on this board

I have not seen that. That would certainly be well beyond the lone of acceptability, but I haven't seen that.

I have, and so have other posters. As for me personally, Jack has spent a considerable amount of time asking people about my daughter, a UM grad in 2012. They told me that his questions were personal in nature, and creeped them out. These are some of the very people he brags about being his good friends.

thirdandlong said:
gotgame75 said:

What pisses me off is that he is immune from banning, after he makes the personal classless insults to poster's personal lives. He should have been banned years ago.

That should be on the moderators, they are the ones who allow his bullish behavior.

Lots of hyprocicy by one Moderator in particular, who is constantly threatening to ban posters for doing far less.

riverdweller said:
thirdandlong said:

That should be on the moderators, they are the ones who allow his bullish behavior.

Lots of hyprocicy by one Moderator in particular, who is constantly threatening to ban posters for doing far less.

Yep, and I have been the victim of that

thirdandlong said:
ElrodGrizzly said:

I have, and so have other posters. As for me personally, Jack has spent a considerable amount of time asking people about my daughter, a UM grad in 2012. They told me that his questions were personal in nature, and creeped them out. These are some of the very people he brags about being his good friends.

You have absolutely zero credibility here when it comes to him. You two hate each other way too much for me to trust your word on that. If the other poster has receipts, I'd take a look.

As for the double standard, I really don't have insight on any moderators thinking, but I'm sure people defending the Griz program on the Griz message board have probably always gotten a lot more slack than people here trashing the program and coaches. That seems obvious to me.

ElrodGrizzly said:
thirdandlong said:

You have absolutely zero credibility here when it comes to him. You two hate each other way too much for me to trust your word on that. If the other poster has receipts, I'd take a look.

As for the double standard, I really don't have insight on any moderators thinking, but I'm sure people defending the Griz program on the Griz message board have probably always gotten a lot more slack than people here trashing the program and coaches. That seems obvious to me.

Which is an issue especially if the criticism is warranted. Things are clearly not all sunshine and rainbows with the Griz Football team this season and many of these issues started last year. I fail to see how blatantly sticking your head in the sand somehow will magically make things better.

Ut-Grizfan said:
ElrodGrizzly said:

Which is an issue especially if the criticism is warranted. Things are clearly not all sunshine and rainbows with the Griz Football team this season and many of these issues started last year. I fail to see how blatantly sticking your head in the sand somehow will magically make things better.

It won't. And neither will angrily posting here. Neither will help, it's a message board. Though there is a chance that recruits and their families come check the place out, and if it is a Dumpster fire that is a bad look.

gotgame75 said:
CatsRback said:

Wow. Didn’t know it was that, that bad… have at it then.

thirdandlong said:
ElrodGrizzly said:

Is she hot or something?

ElrodGrizzly said:
gotgame75 said:

Well despite you not having witnessed it, it has occurred several times. I'm sure any number of board members would back this up. Additionally, he has made up multiple outright lies about my character and personal life simply because he was upset that I made fun of his ridiculous over the top ass kissing. That kind of nonsense is the work of a coward. I actively hope I run into him in person so that I can see if has the courage to back up his words in person.

Back