• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Overheard At a Blackjack Table in Vegas This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
grizatwork said:
Ran into a MSU guy in Nine Fine Irishman at NY/NY Friday night myself. Told him it was nice to see a Montana guy, even it was a MSU guy. He said, "another one of you is here?" Other than that, pretty cordial shared a drink, shook hands when he left. Come to think about it, I doubt he was a cat fan. That was the most civilized conversation I have ever had with one.

Nine Fine Irishmen. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

One of only THREE bars in America that gets their Guinness strait from Ireland. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
SACCAT66 said:
grizatwork said:
SACCAT66 said:
First off...It was nice seeing AZ and Grizatwork this weekend in Vegas. I pulled a hammy on the 7-10 split, and my rose Bowling ball got lost by Horizon...

Secondly...No WAY these were TRUE Bobcat fans, if nothing about preseason was brought up...

Thirdly...Did they mention the TG tweet, I heard he posted something about Cats and griz.

Forthly...A True Bobcat fan would have bought you a beer, and talked about how neither team is that good.

Fifthly...GO CATS!!!

Sixthly....The New York New York??? Really???

George Strait playing at the T mobile arena Saturday night. I needed to be within staggering distance.

Your excuse is valid...And relatable...

Same here. Saw him Saturday night. Plus, we were with a high-roller couple and got to spend three nights in the penthouse suite of the Century tower, and got everything comped (including suite tickets for Strait), including two huge dinners at Gallaghers and one at Chin Chin.

I paid it forward by finding a young couple up in the very top row and gave them the floor seats I'd already purchased.

Oh, and regarding the score this season, they DID bring it up...hence the "we've got scoreboard" comment. That's when I reminded them of 73-38, 30-6 over the past 36, 13-0 in basketball, etc., etc. :mrgreen:
Inadvertent player rep impersonation. Nice!

Igotgoodsources said:
AZGrizFan said:
SACCAT66 said:
grizatwork said:
George Strait playing at the T mobile arena Saturday night. I needed to be within staggering distance.

Same here. Saw him Saturday night. Plus, we were with a high-roller couple and got to spend three nights in the penthouse suite of the Century tower, and got everything comped (including suite tickets for Strait), including two huge dinners at Gallaghers and one at Chin Chin.

I paid it forward by finding a young couple up in the very top row and gave them the floor seats I'd already purchased.

Oh, and regarding the score this season, they DID bring it up...hence the "we've got scoreboard" comment. That's when I reminded them of 73-38, 30-6 over the past 36, 13-0 in basketball, etc., etc. :mrgreen:

And igotgoodsources wins the prize! I was seeing juuuuuuust how long it would take someone to recognize! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

blazerbird said:
What is the reason when I'm anywhere on the West Coast I see people wearing Griz clothing? I was at the Ram in Seattle recently, and a group of four or five walked in with Griz sweatshirts and hats. As far as I know, there was no game going on. I see the same thing in SoCal and Arizona no matter the time of year. Is it a pride thing? Are people looking for other Griz or fans of rival teams? This truly interests me.

I Lived in Seattle and have spent plenty of time there as well. I always wore my Griz gear into The RAM on UW campus. There were alot of Griz fans there i found out. Some had family attending school in Missoula but alot of them liked us because we are somewhat "regional" and they like football. Another reason is alot of recruits come out of Washington. They were always more than happy to put the Game on for me as long as I wasnt asking to override the Huskies game on the BIG TV.

AZGrizFan said:
blazerbird said:
What is the reason when I'm anywhere on the West Coast I see people wearing Griz clothing? I was at the Ram in Seattle recently, and a group of four or five walked in with Griz sweatshirts and hats. As far as I know, there was no game going on. I see the same thing in SoCal and Arizona no matter the time of year. Is it a pride thing? Are people looking for other Griz or fans of rival teams? This truly interests me.

It's called "being a fan". Look into it. :thumb:

a couple years back someone posted a story here about his Griz gear at a golf tournament in Phoenix. I looked for the post but can't find it. Its a hilarious story. Story was people saw the Griz gear and yelled out Go Griz or something like that. After a couple hours of that the guy's buddy, not a U of M alum, said something like "I get it, you fuckers are everywhere" :lol:

NorthEndZoneDan said:
AZGrizFan said:
blazerbird said:

a couple years back someone posted a story here about his Griz gear at a golf tournament in Phoenix. I looked for the post but can't find it. Its a hilarious story. Story was people saw the Griz gear and yelled out Go Griz or something like that. After a couple hours of that the guy's buddy, not a U of M alum, said something like "I get it, you fuckers are everywhere" :lol:
:oops: :oops: Guilty as charged. :D :D

And I got the same reaction at the Valero Open in San Antonio when I moved here... :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
AZGrizFan said:
blazerbird said:

a couple years back someone posted a story here about his Griz gear at a golf tournament in Phoenix. I looked for the post but can't find it. Its a hilarious story. Story was people saw the Griz gear and yelled out Go Griz or something like that. After a couple hours of that the guy's buddy, not a U of M alum, said something like "I get it, you f***[*] are everywhere" :lol:

And I got the same reaction at the Valero Open in San Antonio when I moved here... :thumb:

Side topic..Do you go the the Valero Open every year? If so, keep an eye out for a Golfer named Nick Taylor. He is my wifes cousin, he is on the PGA Tour (3rd year) and doing pretty well (10th at pebble beach this year). He is from Canada

AZGrizFan said:
grizatwork said:
Ran into a MSU guy in Nine Fine Irishman at NY/NY Friday night myself. Told him it was nice to see a Montana guy, even it was a MSU guy. He said, "another one of you is here?" Other than that, pretty cordial shared a drink, shook hands when he left. Come to think about it, I doubt he was a cat fan. That was the most civilized conversation I have ever had with one.

One of only THREE bars in America that gets their Guinness strait from Ireland. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Whatever you do, don't order the King Cut Prime at Nine Fine. It's the biggest piece of meat I've ever seen, and I felt like a complete idiot when they set it down in front of me. That one peice could serve seven people. The tiny chunk I ate from it was amazing but damn I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

George Ferguson said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizatwork said:

Whatever you do, don't order the King Cut Prime at Nine Fine. It's the biggest piece of meat I've ever seen, and I felt like a complete idiot when they set it down in front of me. That one peice could serve seven people. The tiny chunk I ate from it was amazing but damn I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

Next time you are in Great Falls, try the Cattleman's cut Prime Rib at the Cattleman's supper club.
I think it is 64oz or something like that. It is Yuge! Beside he Cattleman's owners, Joe and Julie are Yuge Griz fans. They setup a food booth during tailgating at Wa/Griz stadium offering free food.

AZGrizFan said:
Igotgoodsources said:
AZGrizFan said:
SACCAT66 said:

And igotgoodsources wins the prize! I was seeing juuuuuuust how long it would take someone to recognize! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I try to ignore pain.

SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
AZGrizFan said:

a couple years back someone posted a story here about his Griz gear at a golf tournament in Phoenix. I looked for the post but can't find it. Its a hilarious story. Story was people saw the Griz gear and yelled out Go Griz or something like that. After a couple hours of that the guy's buddy, not a U of M alum, said something like "I get it, you f***[*] are everywhere" :lol:

Side topic..Do you go the the Valero Open every year? If so, keep an eye out for a Golfer named Nick Taylor. He is my wifes cousin, he is on the PGA Tour (3rd year) and doing pretty well (10th at pebble beach this year). He is from Canada

I try to, but have only made it two of the four years here. I'm hoping to go this year....I'll holler SACCAT!! At him... :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
AZGrizFan said:
blazerbird said:

Phoenix Open at Grayhawk? you posted the original story? thats too damn funny. :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
So I walk up to a blackjack table in NY/NY sporting Griz gear (of course), and there's two dweebs sitting there. As I prepare to sit, the convo goes something like this:

Dweeb #1: Sorry, but this table only allows Bobcats to sit here.
Me: That's alright, I'll sit down and class up the joint.
Dweeb #2: blah blah blah blah blah blah
Dweeb #1: blah blah blah
Dweeb #1: We've got scoreboard
Me: 73-38, 30-6, how many numbers you want? Hell, even a broke clock is right twice a day.

This goes on for some time. They got so desperate that they had to play the attendance card...At one point, Dweeb #1 hit a 16 and pulled a 5, and states "well, it's better to be lucky than good!"

Me: Ah, the bobscat's motto for the last 100 years!

Finally, after about an hour of them getting verbally abused at every turn, they got up to leave.

Me: Go Griz!
Dweeb #1: Eat Shit Griz, Go Cats Go!
Me: FTC! FTC!
My Wife: Yes. Go, cats...just GO....

Truly enjoyable. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

disclaimer: It's entirely possible these two are eGriz posters....they were fairly well versed in all the same stupidity that goes on here on a daily basis. They were in town for a bowling tournament. A f***[*] BOWLING tournament. Who do they think they are? Lebowski?

The only thing worse would be if they split face cards or were the anchor and didn't know what they were doing, that would have driven me away quickly.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
AZGrizFan said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
AZGrizFan said:

Phoenix Open at Grayhawk? you posted the original story? thats too damn funny. :lol:

Phoenix Open ain't at Grayhawk....it's at Scottsdale TPC. :thumb:

jodcon said:
AZGrizFan said:
So I walk up to a blackjack table in NY/NY sporting Griz gear (of course), and there's two dweebs sitting there. As I prepare to sit, the convo goes something like this:

Me: 73-38, 30-6, how many numbers you want? Hell, even a broke clock is right twice a day.

This goes on for some time. They got so desperate that they had to play the attendance card...At one point, Dweeb #1 hit a 16 and pulled a 5, and states "well, it's better to be lucky than good!"

Finally, after about an hour of them getting verbally abused at every turn, they got up to leave.

disclaimer: It's entirely possible these two are eGriz posters....they were fairly well versed in all the same stupidity that goes on here on a daily basis. They were in town for a bowling tournament. A f***[*] BOWLING tournament. Who do they think they are? Lebowski?

The only thing worse would be if they split face cards or were the anchor and didn't know what they were doing, that would have driven me away quickly.

Same. Fortunately, they knew how to play...otherwise, flipping them shit wouldn't have been worth it. I'd have bolted.

AZGrizFan said:

This is so GREAT! GO GRIZ!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

jodcon said:
AZGrizFan said:

Many articles have said that being an anchor mathematically doesn't mean a thing but still FTC.

fanofzoo said:
jodcon said:
AZGrizFan said:

Many articles have said that being an anchor mathematically doesn't mean a thing but still FTC.

Well, card counters know differently, and yes, FTCs!!

AZGrizFan said:
grizatwork said:

My DNA on my dads side is 80 percent Irish. I've been to Nine Fine ?Irishmen at the NY NY many times, love that place. The NY style pizza in the food court is a must stop for me as well. :lol:

blazerbird said:

For me, it's a PRIDE thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back