• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Players that have left the program this offseason

BWahlberg said:
Paytonlives said:
grizfan1984 said:
Noah Gerald?

Not on current roster... will check

Fairly sure Gerald never reported for fall camp. He committed this time last year and never came.

Correct, Noah didn't make it to fall camp. Don't know the reason why, though the typical scenario in the past was due to a grade or credit issue.

grizpack said:
I assume there will be a press conference to announce all of this..... :cool:

It is my understanding that they were unable to gain access to the Sky Club because it was already booked for snaps intervention, so I believe there will only be a press release.

HelenaHandBasket said:
grizpack said:
I assume there will be a press conference to announce all of this..... :cool:

It is my understanding that they were unable to gain access to the Sky Club because it was already booked for snaps intervention, so I believe there will only be a press release.
I suppose that cheap bastard is going to have a no-host bar at his intervention. :roll:

go96griz said:
BWahlberg said:
Paytonlives said:
grizfan1984 said:
Noah Gerald?

Not on current roster... will check

Fairly sure Gerald never reported for fall camp. He committed this time last year and never came.

Correct, Noah didn't make it to fall camp. Don't know the reason why, though the typical scenario in the past was due to a grade or credit issue.

Happens with a recruit or two every year it seems.

Yeah, Williams is an odd one. Has some tweets in recent days that make it sound like something happened, but also still has all his Griz stuff up and just added James Brown yesterday. I know he was in Shann's doghouse for some of last season. Sucks if he is gone. I'm sure my boy Kyle will get to the bottom of it.

BTW. Mods, I'm just asking, is there any possible way to NOT allow this thread to turn into a Stitt is a meanie and treats players like dirt and then they leave thread? Don't know the Williams story, but I do know all the other kids left simply because they wanted a place to get on the field and it wasn't going to be in Wash-Griz. I heard Alex Thomas is saying great things about the staff and the Griz, and he left, so, it's not always bad.

Paytonlives said:
Just wanted to start a thread to wish those that have left the team the best of luck. Please no bashing, players/ coaches leave for many reasons.... please respect their choices.

Coach Swett
QB- Conner Kaegi
QB- Brandon Bea
WR- James Homan
LB- Alex Thomas
S- Jerrin Williams

Best of luck to them all. I hope they prosper wherever they land. Sometimes things just don't line up or work out. Bigger, better, badder. Go Griz.

George Ferguson said:
BTW. Mods, I'm just asking, is there any possible way to NOT allow this thread to turn into a Stitt is a meanie and treats players like dirt and then they leave thread? Don't know the Williams story, but I do know all the other kids left simply because they wanted a place to get on the field and it wasn't going to be in Wash-Griz. I heard Alex Thomas is saying great things about the staff and the Griz, and he left, so, it's not always bad.

That is my hope also....

Copper Griz said:
Paytonlives said:
Just wanted to start a thread to wish those that have left the team the best of luck. Please no bashing, players/ coaches leave for many reasons.... please respect their choices.

Coach Swett
QB- Conner Kaegi
QB- Brandon Bea
WR- James Homan
LB- Alex Thomas
S- Jerrin Williams

Best of luck to them all. I hope they prosper wherever they land. Sometimes things just don't line up or work out..
And that is always the positive thing to say when players leave. And it's not that hard to say.

Homan would be a significant loss if the Griz were not loaded at WR. Wish him luck and hope he doesn't end up in the BSC.

I believe human was pretty serious over his girl in texas,,,,I bet he ends up in texas closer to her...

Homan is a significant loss, kid can flat out play. Only wish he'd been able to go from day one. Best block by anyone playing offense last season.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08mqI7Cqqjo[/youtube]

Best of luck to you young man.

Bjorn Bjornstein said:
fanofzoo said:
Thought Homan had concussion issues.

I heard the same...

The rumor was that if he stayed with the Griz he'd take a red shirt in 2017 because of this. However that was just chatter I'd heard over and over - not sure how factual it was/is.

On Jerrin Williams, hoping this is just a mix up on the roster. Indications on twitter make is sound like he is still on the team, but there is one tweet from the 1st that says "guess we'll see who is really with me." It is my belief he would be in line for a starting job in 2018 after Strong graduates.

Back