• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Players that have left the program this offseason

dayday said:
On Jerrin Williams, hoping this is just a mix up on the roster. Indications on twitter make is sound like he is still on the team, but there is one tweet from the 1st that says "guess we'll see who is really with me." It is my belief he would be in line for a starting job in 2018 after Strong graduates.

It's not a mix up. I got confirmation this morning that he is no longer with the team

Paytonlives said:
Just wanted to start a thread to wish those that have left the team the best of luck. Please no bashing, players/ coaches leave for many reasons.... please respect their choices.

Coach Swett
QB- Conner Kaegi
QB- Brandon Bea
WR- James Homan
LB- Alex Thomas
S- Jerrin Williams

Add RB Brody Martinez to that list

Williams was a talent, losing him hurts. However, the commitment of Banks helps take some of the sting away. Also, Brandon Bea leaving has me believing more in Jensen as the future at QB, he probably saw the writing on the wall.

kyle_sample said:
Paytonlives said:
Just wanted to start a thread to wish those that have left the team the best of luck. Please no bashing, players/ coaches leave for many reasons.... please respect their choices.

Coach Swett
QB- Conner Kaegi
QB- Brandon Bea
WR- James Homan
LB- Alex Thomas
S- Jerrin Williams

Add RB Brody Martinez to that list
added

if we stop using verbs, as is the current trend, we are no better than animals, your friend, yogi

What year was Homan... There is someone with a similar last name that I keep mixing up? Was he the transfer or am I thinking of someone else?

grizfan406 said:
What year was Homan... There is someone with a similar last name that I keep mixing up? Was he the transfer or am I thinking of someone else?

Homan was a JUCO transfer from blinn college in Texas. He was dinged up early with a shoulder injury but played extremely well when he got healthy. Unfortunately he was buried a little bit in the depth chart behind both Calhoun and Louie McGee. Couple that with a risk of concussions and he is moving on. Liked him a lot and wish him the best

HookedonGriz said:
grizfan406 said:

Homan was a JUCO transfer from blinn college in Texas. He was dinged up early with a shoulder injury but played extremely well when he got healthy. Unfortunately he was buried a little bit in the depth chart behind both Calhoun and Louie McGee. Couple that with a risk of concussions and he is moving on. Liked him a lot and wish him the best

I was thinking of Keenan Curran, he is still with us right?!!

grizfan406 said:
HookedonGriz said:
grizfan406 said:

Yes he is

grizfan406 said:
HookedonGriz said:
grizfan406 said:

Yep curran still here and happy. Going to only get better. He works hard!

HookedonGriz said:
grizfan406 said:
HookedonGriz said:
grizfan406 said:

Hopefully we see a big jump from him in his second season like we did from Ellis Henderson from 2012 to 2013.

uofmman1122 said:
HookedonGriz said:
grizfan406 said:
HookedonGriz said:

Hopefully we see a big jump from him in his second season like we did from Ellis Henderson from 2012 to 2013.
He's not quite as fast Henderson but yeah I hope to see a jump in production. He has the tools to be a possession type receiver that can go up and get it. Last year it seemed more mental at times with the drops so another year of playing you'd think would improve that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grizfan406 said:

Maybe Lane Hovey? I suggest that name because I did it. :oops:

Back