• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

POLL: What will UM's record be at end of 2015 season?

What will Montana's record be at the end of the 2015 regular season?

• 11-0

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • 10-1

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • 9-2

Votes: 36 28.6%
  • 8-3

Votes: 44 34.9%
  • 7-4

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • 6-5

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • 5-6

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • 4-7

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 3-8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2-9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-10

• 0-11

• Total voters
BWahlberg said:
I said 7-4. Need to see a lot more from this offense to feel better about 8-3 or better at this point.

NDSU, CPSLO, MSU, ISU, EWU, & Liberty all very tough games. There's always a surprise team too that could be tougher than expected, NAU, Weber, or UND maybe. Then there's the "road griz" issue that hopefully will be worked out with this staff.

This is why I laugh when the e-griz pontificators call Brint a sugar-coater, etc. He is actually very conservative, if not pessimistic at times, with most of his predictions.

I agree with this assessment. I see us in the 8-3/7-4 range.

I think 7-4 is probably correct too. Brutal start to the season trying to break in an entirely new offense, with very few returning impact players outside of WR. They will get better and gel as the season goes on. While the defense is probably going to be fine, the biggest question mark is the D Line. The dominating D Line last season made the entire defense very good. Good DL makes linebackers look faster and makes DB's cover for less time. Getting Kidder back should be a boost, but as was seen last season at MSU with Moeakiola, players don't always come fully back from injury - I hope that isn't the case with him. As the DL goes, so goes the defense this coming season.

The one certain is that the November version of UM would kick the snot out of the September version. Early indications make is seem like you guys got a good one in Stitt so my assumption is they will get better as the year progresses. But the proof is in the puddin' come Nov/Dec.

From GoGriz:

The Grizzles return 15 starters (two offensive players are starters from the 2013 season) from a team that went 9-5 overall and 6-2 (tie, second) in the Big Sky Conference, and advanced to the NCAA FCS playoffs for the second straight season.

With its nine victories last season, Montana has won eight or more games 19 of the last 21 seasons. The Grizzlies' win at Southern Utah last year gave them their 27th winning season in the past 28 years.

The obvious is that if any of the quarterbacks rise to the top and perform at a high level this team will be fantastic. The skill players are very good and the o-line will be more than adequate. This team has the making of a very good team. I find it amusing that people weigh in on a new coach etc.....but over look the fact that msu has an untested Ioane and will rely on transfers who won"t participate till fall. the cats defense is a lot more questionable than the Griz offense in that we return some very good players and well they really have no idea. Havgriz prediction of msu beating the Griz is laughable at best and I find it to be without basis. 8-3 is my thoughts with possible losses to ewu, ndsu, and liberty.
Right now there is a lot of excitement in the athletic dept. :thumb:

poorgriz said:
Ok, so who are the 7 brain dead posters predicting 11 and 0, and are you serious?

They are called stupid, unrealistic fans that have a naïve outlook on what their team is.

I would think you would be able to relate.

poorgriz said:
Ok, so who are the 7 brain dead posters predicting 11 and 0, and are you serious?

Coming from the guy predicting the scats to win the conference. :lol: :lol:

I went with 8-3. I really wanted to pick 10-1. I will be surprised if there are not a few early growing pains with adjusting to a new offense, new qb, etc. Even a slight improvement in the offense and special teams will help. I feel the defense will be great this season. I believe this team will be a contender come the playoffs.

Raider said:
poorgriz said:

They are called stupid, unrealistic fans that have a naïve outlook on what their team is.

I would think you would be able to relate.

pretty good un :lol:

Htowngriz said:
poorgriz said:

Yep, I'm sticking with that. Things are lookin pretty good over in Bozo so far...... Obviously our D needs needs to make some huge strides and I think it will. Offensively we are stacked, loaded, deep, etc etc etc. Will probably be one of if not the most prolific offenses in the FCS in 2015. :thumb:

poorgriz said:
Htowngriz said:
poorgriz said:

Yep, I'm sticking with that. Things are lookin pretty good over in Bozo so far...... Obviously our D needs needs to make some huge strides and I think it will. Offensively we are stacked, loaded, deep, etc etc etc. Will probably be one of if not the most prolific offenses in the FCS in 2015. :thumb:
You forgot, scary good.

Post like a champion!

poorgriz said:
Will probably be one of if not the most prolific offenses in the FCS in 2015. :thumb:

Ya, no Sh!t.. You guys will get your stats padded by playing that weak schedule and then November will roll around and the usual will happen. We know.. We know. We've seen it play out way too many times.

poorgriz said:
Htowngriz said:
poorgriz said:

Do you think it's a possibility that Montana State wins a National Championship under Coach Ron Ash? Serious question.

Ursa Major said:
poorgriz said:
Htowngriz said:
poorgriz said:

You forgot, scary good.

Post like a champion!

Still waiting for the new yearly motto...

I went with 8-3. Realistically obtainable and with the new staff and system I could see a few hiccups. The D will take care of business. I will not be surprised if we win more. It's going be fun.

Back