• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Position Discussion: Secondary

Hammer said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
Hammer said:
I think both Sanders will be starting before seasons end, and Rasmussen, if not starting, will be a major player. He rocked in spring ball. The talent at CB and Safety is as good as we have ever had at UM.

Yeah, the kool aid has too much sugar... Quit drinking it

from the team that was down 34-0 with six minutes left in the entire game :lol: :lol: :lol:
:thumb:

Hammer said:
jodcon said:
Hammer said:
I think both Sanders will be starting before seasons end, and Rasmussen, if not starting, will be a major player. He rocked in spring ball. The talent at CB and Safety is as good as we have ever had at UM.

Ever? :-o
Talent wise, maybe. We will see how it pans out but Semore and Hall love these guys. So does Gregorak but hes a lying cheatin loser so he doesn't count!

I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up true as these guys emerge. We've had some awesome safeties and corners over the years, but it's been awhile since we've had this much size, depth, and athleticism at both corner and safety at the same time.

Hammer said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
Hammer said:

from the team that was down 34-0 with six minutes left in the entire game :lol: :lol: :lol:

These kids haven't played a down yet and already they are the "best ever"? Please

LongTimeCatFan said:
Hammer said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
Hammer said:

These kids haven't played a down yet and already they are the "best ever"? Please
Do we have to bring up the "preseason big sky champs" thing again? ;)

LongTimeCatFan said:
Hammer said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
Hammer said:

Oh you must be talking Marino again! Sweet is he a bobcat again? Cause that's how all of you talked about him before he played a down. I think the thread on him hit 17 pages!! That worked well didn't it

HookedonGriz said:
Oh you must be talking Marino again! Sweet is he a bobcat again? Cause that's how all of you talked about him before he played a down. I think the thread on him hit 17 pages!! That worked well didn't it

Sounds like the kid landed on his feet at Iowa State, I can't believe he got another scholarship no matter how good he was.

Minus the Montana St game last year the secondary only had 9 INT's in 13 games (there were 5 against MSU). And I really!!!!!!! hope this year the secondary is not told to play soft coverage. I expect more 'in-your-face' coverage, more tight coverage, and actually more pass interfere calls due to aggressiveness.

We seem to have genuine talent and speed in the secondary. Nelson was an ESPN 3rd Team All State WR his junior year in CA for goodness sakes!! We should have more INT's this year IMO.

farawaygriz said:
Minus the Montana St game last year the secondary only had 9 INT's in 13 games (there were 5 against MSU). And I really!!!!!!! hope this year the secondary is not told to play soft coverage. I expect more 'in-your-face' coverage, more tight coverage, and actually more pass interfere calls due to aggressiveness.

We seem to have genuine talent and speed in the secondary. Nelson was an ESPN 3rd Team All State WR his junior year in CA for goodness sakes!! We should have more INT's this year IMO.
Have to agree on the soft coverage. If we line up 5-8 off the line on 3rd and 2 I'm going to use potty mouth language.

LongTimeCatFan said:
Hammer said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
Hammer said:

You're kind of a dense monkey, aren't you? I never said they were the "best ever", now did I? Not that a kitty fan would know anything about talent anyway! :lol: :lol:

34-0 with 6 minutes left, bitch! :clap: :lol:

Ty mentions Yamen Sanders:

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/coach-stitt-griz-must-continue-progress-in-fall-football-camp/article_856bca85-d9ea-5017-9eca-c477f2cfdcb1.html

"Gregorak is very high on Yamen Sanders, who came over from Arizona in June.

"When you see Yamen Sanders, you're like, 'Whoa, that's what they look like,'" Gregorak said of the 6-foot-4, 210-pound junior safety's athletic stature. "I mean he's beautiful. He's gonna help us right away in some fashion.""

Yukon said:
Ty mentions Yamen Sanders:

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/coach-stitt-griz-must-continue-progress-in-fall-football-camp/article_856bca85-d9ea-5017-9eca-c477f2cfdcb1.html

"Gregorak is very high on Yamen Sanders, who came over from Arizona in June.

"When you see Yamen Sanders, you're like, 'Whoa, that's what they look like,'" Gregorak said of the 6-foot-4, 210-pound junior safety's athletic stature. "I mean he's beautiful. He's gonna help us right away in some fashion.""

You beat me to it, Yukon. But I will post what I came to post anyways, as it bears repeating.

From the Missoulian: http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/coach-stitt-griz-must-continue-progress-in-fall-football-camp/article_856bca85-d9ea-5017-9eca-c477f2cfdcb1.html

The secondary will have to answer its own questions, though, while breaking in new players and addressing overall health.

Senior starters Nate Harris (cornerback) and Justin Whitted (strong safety) missed most or all of spring drills recovering from injuries. Their spots in the starting lineup will be challenged by newcomers like freshman CB Manu Rasmussen -- who Gregorak confirmed is eligible and on the team despite rumors otherwise -- and transfers Markell Sanders (CB) and Yamen Sanders (safety).

Gregorak is very high on Yamen Sanders, who came over from Arizona in June.

"When you see Yamen Sanders, you're like, 'Whoa, that's what they look like,'" Gregorak said of the 6-foot-4, 210-pound junior safety's athletic stature. "I mean he's beautiful. He's gonna help us right away in some fashion."

I don't think there's much doubt Whitted and Sanders are the two starting safeties. Love Dellasara, but don't think he's gonna measure up athletically to Sanders.

AZGrizFan said:
I don't think there's much doubt Whitted and Sanders are the two starting safeties. Love Dellasara, but don't think he's gonna measure up athletically to Sanders.

I think Manu may be the starter, at least early in the season. We'll soon see how Sanders plays, and how fast he picks up the defense.

AZGrizFan said:

I love jake also, but he maybe competeing against a different form of athlete in Sanders. Kid looks big and athletic and can run and hit. I just don't see him not getting a ton of reps. But that is just me.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

I think Manu may be the starter, at least early in the season. We'll soon see how Sanders plays, and how fast he picks up the defense.
Even more possible that Manu and Sanders are the starters by midseason.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Even more possible that Manu and Sanders are the starters by midseason.

Ultimately we need all four, and that could be a helluva two deep.

Back