• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Post Game: An expected result but still a frustrating loss

JSWNBBY said:
Our play calling needs to improve, let JJ run the offense he knows with Van instead of a re-tread Colorado State offense from the early 1980s

You said a mouthful there! I was watching the MSU/EWU game on another screen while our game was going. MSU runs a dynamic offense with lots of mis-direction, counters, and pulling guards. It is a fun offense to watch, and very productive. Prokop is the real deal, and is better than McGhee. Then, my eyes had to return to the other screen to watch the morose UM offense stumble through another futile series.

The games has long since passed Delaney by. He needs to retire. End of story.

RobGriz said:
I'm not a big moral victory guy but I'm pretty proud of the toughness they showed today. How many other teams have held NDSU to 1 TD at home? Or were close enough with just a few minutes left in the game to still be in it?

Is this the new standard for UM football.... moral victories, losing, but holding teams below what is expected?

The biggest takeaway from this game is the difference between the two teams' offensive lines. NDSU's is really, really good, and Montana's is, well, not so good. In the end, I thought the Griz fought extremely hard, but the better team won today. That's really all there is to it.

monte is a character said:
RobGriz said:
I'm not a big moral victory guy but I'm pretty proud of the toughness they showed today. How many other teams have held NDSU to 1 TD at home? Or were close enough with just a few minutes left in the game to still be in it?

Is this the new standard for UM football.... moral victories, losing, but holding teams below what is expected?
Yeah...that's what I said :roll:

I said this summer (on this board) that this would be the best defense we've had in long while, and the losses of our linebackers would not be noticed. I stand by that, and they will get better.

I think people who complain about how JJ is being used are ignoring just how weak our o-line is. I pray I'm wrong, but I thought losing Schmaing and Poole was a crippling blow to this offense and I'm just not sure the potential ceiling is high enough with this years o-line, given the youth and lack of size across the line. I think they play really hard, but are simply too small, especially on the outside. Other than that, I think winning some games and getting confidence will go along way toward this team being really tough by season's end, which is what has served the Griz well in the past: peaking at the right time.

I thought the griz played well, maybe even better than expected. I think the Griz proved they are a top 12 team, but not yet elite, about where most Griz fans thought they were. Besides how can you expect to compete when the biiizzooon have that pa announcer who so dutifully reminds their fanz when it is 3rd down or a first down, or even kicking off? Seriously I would support a losing program before I had to listen to that morning zoo clown every game. Come on ndsu have some class and act like a proud champion not a dome dwelling monster truck show.

NDSUSR said:
Granted NDSU won and NDSU fans are happy, but we are also somewhat disappointed.
We cannot continue to win with this number of penalties and poor redzone performance.
Not to take away from your D, they were tough as hell when inside your 20.
Our play selection and execution has been faltering in the redzone and it has to improve for us to get to Frisco. I dont see us going undefeated this year.

Anyway, Good game and you have some positive takeaways from this game.
Have a good weekend!
Yeah not the best game for the bison. Need to get better quickly. Have to remember that we lost entire coaching staff and 21 seniors and AD so I'm just glad we are winning?

JSWNBBY said:
Our play calling needs to improve, let JJ run the offense he knows with Van instead of a re-tread Colorado State offense from the early 1980s

You said a mouthful there! I was watching the MSU/EWU game on another screen while our game was going. MSU runs a dynamic offense with lots of mis-direction, counters, and pulling guards. It is a fun offense to watch, and very productive. Prokop is the real deal, and is better than McGhee. Then, my eyes had to return to the other screen to watch the morose UM offense stumble through another futile series.

Sound like you are a tweener, and were weighing your fan options. I suggest you go Bobcat, all the way.

The horse collar tackle (that wasn't called) was right in front of an official. SHOCKED ME that it wasn't called too. Visited with some of your fans before/after the game.Class people all they way. Toss up between the NDSU's play calling in the RZ and/or the Grizz defense kept the Bison out of the endzone? Overall, a fun game to watch. Thanks for traveling to Fargo Grizz fans and good luck the rest of the year. See you in December!

I am happy with the D. They fought a hard battle really.

Our offense is just a lucky strike offense plain and simple. All aspects of our offense are questionable I think. Sporadic O line mainly. Can't get a run game going nor can it really pass protec well. JJ has taken some good hits this year and he will be lucky to make it through the season. One more game like this and he is done. You know full well the boyz at EWU would love to take a cheap shot hit on JJ.

This might be a playoff team. But not one to make a deep run. We certainly should not be in top 10. Maybe 14 to 16 maybe.

I do think NDSU looses a game in Conf this year. A team that has played them more regularly stands a better chance I think.

Sucks we lost. Closer score wise than many thought. But it's still anither L in the column.

Alaska Griz said:
JSWNBBY said:

Sound like you are a tweener, and were weighing your fan options. I suggest you go Bobcat, all the way.

No. I just understand the game of football, and don't allow my heart to get in the way of my head. You keep Delaney, and you continue to get what we are seeing on the field now - mediocrity, and hoping and praying we can squeak into the playoffs again for another first round loss.

I'm agitated....not at the game.....but the name of this thread.

WHAT do you mean EXPECTED?

As a fan.....I EXPECT and BELIEVE we WIN EVERY GAME!!!!

poorgriz18 said:
I guess Weber State is a top 10 team too. 24-7 is just as good as 22-10. You guys really are idiots.
Sorry you guys couldn't close the deal.

Though it wasn't much of a surprise, that must have really sucked. :coffee:

poorgriz18 said:
I guess Weber State is a top 10 team too. 24-7 is just as good as 22-10. You guys really are idiots.
Nothing really says "GRIZ envy" quite like an msu fan on eGriz after a cat loss just to point out why their loss was better than ours.

poorgriz18 said:

Nope. You are the idiot. NDSU had 3 turnovers against Weber, which helped Weber alot. It was 21-7 in the 3d quarter. Weber played a nice game, especially in the first half.

Yep, but at least at #14 we were in control of our game. Must suck being #2 and knowing Weber State was in more control of that game. Now we will just sit back and see how many of your players get arrested tonight.

poorgriz18 said:
Yep, but at least at #14 we were in control of our game. Must suck being #2 and knowing Weber State was in more control of that game. Now we will just sit back and see how many of your players get arrested tonight.
You're an idiot who obviously didn't watch either us or Weber play NDSU

poorgriz18 said:
Do the world a favor and eat a .45 cal tonight d bag.

Back