• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Predicting every FCS conference champion 2017

griz5700 said:
Griz til I die said:
griz5700 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
We dont have BG. He already said

Keep dreaming.

Gustafson would easily start over any qb currently competing for the job.
I beg to differ. I think all three of these QB's have the potential to be better than Gustafson

What makes you believe that?
Well Jensens only a freshmen, and redshirted so he has the most time to learn the offense. Hill came in just 2 months ago and already looks stellar with the twos so just imagine how good he'll be by August. And I'm not really a big fan of Phillips but he's the front runner and has shown some positive signs and will have senior leadership.

griz5700 said:
Griz til I die said:
griz5700 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Keep dreaming.

I beg to differ. I think all three of these QB's have the potential to be better than Gustafson

I hope one of them turns out to be a little better than mediocre....which would make him a little better than Gus. I am not really sure any of them are. Time will tell.

Griz til I die said:
griz5700 said:
Griz til I die said:
griz5700 said:
Keep dreaming.

Well Jensens only a freshmen, and redshirted so he has the most time to learn the offense. Hill came in just 2 months ago and already looks stellar with the twos so just imagine how good he'll be by August. And I'm not really a big fan of Phillips but he's the front runner and has shown some positive signs and will have senior leadership.

A little premature to be talking about Jensen imo. A lot of promise, I agree, but a for sure 4-year starter? I don't know. And that is what this offense needs. It needs a solution for 2017, otherwise the Griz have a new coach in '18.

For 2017, I don't see either Phillips (3 picks, 2 for tds in the spring game), or Hill (new to the system, excelling against the 2s/3s) as something this offense can bank on.
Although Phillips was essentially facing an average BSC defense with the amount of guys missing on the first string D...
So Hill is leading, which makes the QB position a total unknown.

HelenaHandBasket said:
griz5700 said:
Griz til I die said:
griz5700 said:
Keep dreaming.

I hope one of them turns out to be a little better than mediocre....which would make him a little better than Gus. I am not really sure any of them are. Time will tell.

Unfortunately only Tom Brady and Bill Belichick can solve this mess.

Stitt said so himself.

griz5700 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
griz5700 said:
Griz til I die said:

Stitt said so himself.

Mick D must have dug a pretty deep hole.

HelenaHandBasket said:
griz5700 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
griz5700 said:

Stitt said so himself.

Or maybe it was Pflugrad or Hauck?... Or maybe Glenn when you really think about it?
Blame game is fun, but some live in reality.

griz5700 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
griz5700 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Stitt said so himself.

Or maybe it was Pflugrad or Hauck?... Or maybe Glenn when you really think about it?

So are you saying there is no blame in reality?

griz5700 said:
Griz til I die said:
griz5700 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Keep dreaming.

Their mentally tougher....Im not saying they would beat him on pure talent....but as far as being a tougher lead by example character....I think Brady lacked in that department.

HelenaHandBasket said:
griz5700 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
griz5700 said:

Stitt said so himself.

What's the point?

Stitt has had plenty of time to implement his system at a school with a lot of recruiting advantages.

He also inherited Jones, Henderson, and Gustafson.. So, I don't buy into that nonsense.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
griz5700 said:
Griz til I die said:
griz5700 said:
Keep dreaming.

Their mentally tougher....Im not saying they would beat him on pure talent....but as far as being a tougher lead by example character....I think Brady lacked in that department.

LOL.

WHAT GARBAGE.

griz5700 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
griz5700 said:
Griz til I die said:

LOL.

WHAT GARBAGE.

I dont understand what you liked about Gus so much?? He was an OK QB...but i would take basically every QB up to him before him...save maybe Roper...that guy was a turd.

But you act like you have to defend him so much...you dont.....He was a good guy off the field..never in trouble...smart and had all the talent in the world.....but there are somethings that he just refused to do, or couldnt do.

There was always just something there mentally holding him back...I dont know if it were lack of confidence or what but he did not have "IT"

griz5700 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
griz5700 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

What's the point?

Stitt has had plenty of time to implement his system at a school with a lot of recruiting advantages.

He also inherited Jones, Henderson, and Gustafson.. So, I don't buy into that nonsense.

So he inherited an avg Gus and a sub-optimal OL which it seems you did not mention. Jones, Henderson, and Roberts were the only reason Gus was even decent. But keep getting your little chub every time someone picks on Gus. I would also add, I am not even a huge fan of Stitt, but his short comings don't make Gus good, or even above average. And I must agree with Badlands, Gus lacked the mentality necessary.

griz5700 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
griz5700 said:
Griz til I die said:

LOL.

WHAT GARBAGE.
Sorry to interrupt this dick measuring contest but this post prompted me to inject some levity. I was in Boston a few weeks ago and I found it funny that they pronounce "garbage" as "cabbage." This little kid sitting behind me at Fenway kept saying, "that shat was cabbage." The apple didn't fall far from the tree as his folks cussed like drunken sailors. Now it's all I can say, e.g.: "this thread...what a bunch of cabbage."
Ok, we now return you to your regularly scheduled pissing match....

BadlandsGrizFan said:
griz5700 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
griz5700 said:

LOL.

WHAT GARBAGE.

I dont understand what you liked about Gus so much?? He was an OK QB...but i would take basically every QB up to him before him...save maybe Roper...that guy was a turd.

But you act like you have to defend him so much...you dont.....He was a good guy off the field..never in trouble...smart and had all the talent in the world.....but there are somethings that he just refused to do, or couldnt do.

There was always just something there mentally holding him back...I dont know if it were lack of confidence or what but he did not have "IT"

I just know he understood this offense and always executed it better than any qb on the roster. I have no connection to him at all. But there is a reason why Stitt always went with him...

I think so many of you are placing way too much blame on the qb and very little on the system, which is where it belongs in my opinion.

People talking about mental toughness makes me laugh. Is Phillips "mentally tough"? Did he respond in a "mentally tough" manner after throwing 3 picks in the spring game?
It's so ridiculous. Making plays is what makes a player "mentally tough" imo.

But maybe we have a mentally soft team? And a mentally inept coach?

All you guys who have bashed BG while ignoring the real problem, look as foolish as ever.

garizzalies said:
griz5700 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
griz5700 said:

LOL.

WHAT GARBAGE.
Sorry to interrupt this dick measuring contest but this post prompted me to inject some levity. I was in Boston a few weeks ago and I found it funny that they pronounce "garbage" as "cabbage." This little kid sitting behind me at Fenway kept saying, "that shat was cabbage." The apple didn't fall far from the tree as his folks cussed like drunken sailors. Now it's all I can say, e.g.: "this thread...what a bunch of cabbage."
Ok, we now return you to your regularly scheduled pissing match....

Cool story. Wife ignoring you? (Stupid story dude).

HelenaHandBasket said:
griz5700 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
griz5700 said:

What's the point?

So he inherited an avg Gus and a sub-optimal OL which it seems you did not mention. Jones, Henderson, and Roberts were the only reason Gus was even decent. But keep getting your little chub every time someone picks on Gus. I would also add, I am not even a huge fan of Stitt, but his short comings don't make Gus good, or even above average. And I must agree with Badlands, Gus lacked the mentality necessary.

Gawd, get over the past you pussy. It means nothing moving forward. Nothing.

Who has Stitt brought in to play qb that makes you think this system will succeed?

griz5700 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
griz5700 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

What's the point?

Gawd, get over the past you pussy. It means nothing moving forward. Nothing.

Who has Stitt brought in to play qb that makes you think this system will succeed?

Funny, did I ever mention that Stitt had? And it does kind of mean something. Mick D dug a hole and the program is suffering. I never said anything about Stitt doing an adequate job filling the hole. You should just get over your little love obsession with BG. And by the way, you should let the past go and realize that the Griz aren't what they were a decade ago.

griz5700 said:
I just know he understood this offense and always executed it better than any qb on the roster. I have no connection to him at all. But there is a reason why Stitt always went with him...

I think so many of you are placing way too much blame on the qb and very little on the system, which is where it belongs in my opinion.

People talking about mental toughness makes me laugh. Is Phillips "mentally tough"? Did he respond in a "mentally tough" manner after throwing 3 picks in the spring game?

All you guys who have bashed BG while ignoring the real problem, look as foolish as ever.

Just because the system is at question doesn't mean BG was anymore than average. Ever time you hype the BG train you look foolish.

griz5700 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
griz5700 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

What's the point?

LEAVE BRADY ALONE! LEAVE HIM ALONE!!

giphy.gif

Must be quarter beers somewhere in Billings . . .

griz5700 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
griz5700 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

LOL.

WHAT GARBAGE.

I agree that it takes a mentally tough QB to perfect Stitts system yes!

and spring ball is a ridiculous point to judge a QB on....I think our QB play will be similar to what it was last year honestly as far as stats.

Latest posts

Back