• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

QB Gresch Jensen 1st verbal commitment

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Which is what concerns me. We only have so many scholarships to give, and he seems only want to sign offensive players. Defense wins championships, not offense. Look no further than EWU as an example. They could routinely score 45-50 points a game, and still manage to lose.

AtlG, the part about Defense is right. The part about he only wants to sign offensive players is a little off. If that is the case, explain why the last HS signee is a LB (Faa'tueese (sp?) and Sanders (the xfr from AZ) are both defensive players? Also the incoming defensive recruits appear to be pretty damn solid recruits.

Another thing to keep in mind, this is his 1st year as the GRIZ HC. So far all the coaches have to go by are workouts and spring camp. He likely is giving everyone the benefit of doubt, which will run through this regular season to make fairer player evaluations. I very much doubt if he will will keep the same WR's and QB's as we have and know now. I am guessing, at most 4 or 5 of the current QB's will be back for spring camp, and he would like to have 12 WR's he can depend on. I am guessing 4 to 6 WR's will not be back next year at this time.

Right now, he really does not know who will make the grade with his evaluation criteria. If all the current WR's are still on the roster next year at this time, that means they busted ass for him and this new system. More realistically, there will be 4 to 6 current WR's not on the roster next year after spring ball. As for QB's, right now I expect Gustafson and Pflug to be the only 2 returning QB's safe for next year. Simis, Weyer, Prater, and Chalich will be fighting through next spring to determine which ones stay and which ones go. My guess is 2 of those 4 will not be back through this process. Prater has the added luxury of his GI Bill to keep him on board to develop him further. The other 3 don't have that kind of assurance or luxury. One can argue Pflug could be fighting to stay too, but I feel he is secure. Why? Stitt made it very clear to a few other players they were not needed because they did not fit his system. I see no reason why, he would not have told Pflug the same thing, if that were the case. I see 2 scholarships being being given for incoming QB's this recruiting season. Which means we'd have 1 more to offer.

The sooner Stitt can get the commits or even just offers out there, the sooner the current players can have more motivation to start working toward keeping their scholarships for next year. I believe, for some players it will serve as a kick in the ass to work hard or else someone is coming aboard to take their place. :thumb:

Stitt is the most offensive minded GRIZ coach since Don Read. Stitt is an intelligent man. I honestly will not be surprised to hear of more offers and potential recruits much sooner than prior GRIZ coaches. Some coaches want as much information out there as possible to be speculated on just to bait the hook for current players and other recruits to not have the "let's wait and see" mindset.

At this stage, Stitt is like a mad scientist. We are all getting to know what is in his bag tricks. He does not strike me as someone that believes in playing things close to the vest. It is a matter of time, but we will all see there is a method to his brilliant madness. This is one reason why I love having a new coach now and then. It gives our fan base something more to talk about, and think about, which is a good thing, at least for this fan. :thumb:

is level.
brewskis said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
Which is what concerns me. We only have so many scholarships to give, and he seems only want to sign offensive players. Defense wins championships, not offense. Look no further than EWU as an example. They could routinely score 45-50 points a game, and still manage to lose.
I've also wondered, after next year, how the distribution of scholarships will look from offense to defense. I think Stitt is an extremely intelligent guy and won't let defense fall by the wayside. His defense at CSM was very tough.

I hope you're right. I am already concerned about depth on defense. We need some of those scholarships reserved for defensive talent.

One other comment.... at the FCS level, there is no need for 7 QBs. Get rid of the ones who can not play at this level. If we recruit the right QBs, we won't need to sign a bunch of them in hopes that one will emerge.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
is level.
brewskis said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
I've also wondered, after next year, how the distribution of scholarships will look from offense to defense. I think Stitt is an extremely intelligent guy and won't let defense fall by the wayside. His defense at CSM was very tough.

I hope you're right. I am already concerned about depth on defense. We need some of those scholarships reserved for defensive talent.

One other comment.... at the FCS level, there is no need for 7 QBs. Get rid of the ones who can not play at this level. If we recruit the right QBs, we won't need to sign a bunch of them in hopes that one will emerge.
Bringing in Chalich, Prater, and Pflug was all on Delaney. The only move on QB that Stitt has made is Jensen. I think honoring Delaney's moves was necessary, but I'm sure those numbers will be smaller by next spring.

brewskis said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
is level.
brewskis said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

Bringing in Chalich, Prater, and Pflug was all on Delaney. The only move on QB that Stitt has made is Jensen. I think honoring Delaney's moves was necessary, but I'm sure those numbers will be smaller by next spring.

I know for a fact Stitt is very high on Willy Pflug.

I know for a fact Stitt is very high on Willy Pflug.[/quote]

Oh I believe it. He compared Pflug to his QB he had at CSM last year and that guy threw for over 4k yards and a ton of TDs. I'm betting we will still see one more QB recruited though, we want competition to be HOT at that position for years to come.

I have it from a very good source close to the program that Stitt loves Prater's potential, and that he would be the man if he busted his butt a little harder than he has so far.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
I have it from a very good source close to the program that Stitt loves Prater's potential, and that he would be the man if he busted his butt a little harder than he has so far.
latest

You're full of shit. . .

grizindabox said:
kyle sample ‏@Kyle_Missoulian 7m7 minutes ago
Just got off the phone with Gresch Jensen. He told me he is on track to graduate early and join the #Griz for 2016 spring drills

What team was he on at camp? Jersey color? I saw a kid with a blue T on it slinging the ball very well...

Ursa Major said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:
latest

You're full of shit. . .

Ursula, Ursula, shouldn't you be making some a sandwich?

Latest posts

Back