• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

QB Gresch Jensen 1st verbal commitment

grizindabox said:
kyle sample ‏@Kyle_Missoulian 7m7 minutes ago
Just got off the phone with Gresch Jensen. He told me he is on track to graduate early and join the #Griz for 2016 spring drills

The QB competition next year is going to be crazy!!!

Liked how he made great decisions when he decided to run. Seemed illusive and followed his blockers very well, kind of reminded me of how Yo would follow his blockers. Welcome to Griz Nation Mr. Jensen!

Hammer said:
grizindabox said:
kyle sample ‏@Kyle_Missoulian 7m7 minutes ago
Just got off the phone with Gresch Jensen. He told me he is on track to graduate early and join the #Griz for 2016 spring drills

The QB competition next year is going to be crazy!!!

No Stitt :thumb: :lol:

Looks like a very nice player. The GRIZ offense will be on good hands the next 5 years. The competition with him and Pflug will be fun to watch. Speaking of Pflug, looks like he started a new tradition for GRIZ QB recruits. They are the 1st to commit in a class, and they graduate HS early to compete in spring camp.

Jensen certainly made quick decisions, and throws a very nice ball. He looks pretty accurate. I am guessing 4.6 to 4.7 speed. I'd like to see him bring over a few of his WR's too. His WR's went and got the ball very aggressively on a few of those throws up for grabs. All his highlights were of him making quick decisions and nothing of him having to improvise to make things happen. If I recall correctly, Pflug had a few highlights of him improvising to make things happen. I think that is more of a fundamental design in each offense and coaching philosophies.

It will be interesting to see what kind of season Jensen has this year. Welcome to GRIZ NATION Gresch and family. :thumb:

"It's in the blood. I definitely have the Griz blood in me."

http://mtstandard.com/griz-football-washington-prep-quarterback-commits-to-griz/article_91520c6e-2a23-5b1d-98bd-63628481e0f0.html

QB Gresch Jensen looks GREAT! Obviously he still has another HS season to get better, before he arrives in MSLA as an early enrollee in 2016. Looks like a big-time competitor for the QB position ... this is a fantastic pickup.

IntuitiveGriz said:

http://mtstandard.com/griz-football-washington-prep-quarterback-commits-to-griz/article_91520c6e-2a23-5b1d-98bd-63628481e0f0.html
That's cool both of his parents are from Montana. Easier sell than most

Looks like Stitt is going to recruit as many QBs as he needs to hoping one of them is good enough to run his offense. What is this now, about 8 QBs on the team? I would trade all of them for a Berquist, Ochs, DD, Miller, Ah Yat.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Looks like Stitt is going to recruit as many QBs as he needs to hoping one of them is good enough to run his offense. What is this now, about 8 QBs on the team? I would trade all of them for a Berquist, Ochs, DD, Miller, Ah Yat.

There will be 7 QBs on the team..

Atlanta Griz1 said:

Duh...so would Stitt...but you're only referencing those names because those guys are proven quarterbacks who have already made their mark, but at some point they were given an opportunity and excelled in that scenario, and all were backups at some point. Hindsight is (fill in the blank)...

Alaska Griz said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

Duh...so would Stitt...but you're only referencing those names because those guys are proven quarterbacks who have already made their mark, but at some point they were given an opportunity and excelled in that scenario, and all were backups at some point. Hindsight is (fill in the blank)...

Duh, Stitt obviously thinks that none of the current crop of QBs will fill the void. Quantity does not equal quality. I know for a fact that the Griz coaches are recruiting hard another high school QB from the Phoenix area, even though Jensen already verbaled.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Alaska Griz said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

Duh, Stitt obviously thinks that none of the current crop of QBs will fill the void. Quantity does not equal quality. I know for a fact that the Griz coaches are recruiting hard another high school QB from the Phoenix area, even though Jensen already verbaled.

No , it does not mean that. If that were the case, Stitt would bring in another transfer as a last resort. Seems he is pleased with Gus, and Stitt doesn't seem to blow smoke with false compliments...currently Gus will be asked to "fill the void." But he will be gone when these 2016 recruits are off their redshirt. Stitt might sign three qb's in this class and Phlug may end up starting for three years. We just don't know. Neither does Stitt. Seems to me he is just loading up so as to have the best chance of a leader or two rise up. He has taken a similar approach with the wr position.

Which is what concerns me. We only have so many scholarships to give, and he seems only want to sign offensive players. Defense wins championships, not offense. Look no further than EWU as an example. They could routinely score 45-50 points a game, and still manage to lose.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Which is what concerns me. We only have so many scholarships to give, and he seems only want to sign offensive players. Defense wins championships, not offense. Look no further than EWU as an example. They could routinely score 45-50 points a game, and still manage to lose.

but at the same point, Stitt needs players that will fit in his offense. He must feel comfortable about who is playing on the defensive side of the ball because that scheme isn't changing at all.. I think our defense will be all right this year. Its the offensive side of things that has me concerned with bringing in a new coach, new system, new QB and a BIG question mark on how well our O-Line will play.

I agree. I think more than 5 qb's is a waste of roster space that we could use on o-line, but I'm guessing Stitt will do some more house cleaning after this season. Plus we'll get back to full scholarship limit next year.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
Alaska Griz said:
Atlanta Griz1 said:

Even if Stitt continues to recruit Jack Smith hard, and he commits, we certainly won't be the only school to sign two QB's in a recruiting class.

IntuitiveGriz said:

:clap: :clap:

Alaska Griz said:
I agree. I think more than 5 qb's is a waste of roster space that we could use on o-line, but I'm guessing Stitt will do some more house cleaning after this season. Plus we'll get back to full scholarship limit next year.
Getting at least one QB that is "Stitt's recruit" is necessary, no matter how good Pflug looks to anyone here. And I agree that we will see him clear space after this coming season. You can count on Gus, Pflug, and any recruits that are brought in this next year to be safe. Every other seat will be a hot seat.

Atlanta Griz1 said:
I've also wondered, after next year, how the distribution of scholarships will look from offense to defense. I think Stitt is an extremely intelligent guy and won't let defense fall by the wayside. His defense at CSM was very tough.

EverettGriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

:clap: :clap:

You're in the wrong thread. We're talking football here.

Back