• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ranking the FCS Recruiting classes

FutureGrizDad said:
Update:

Dylan will be reporting significantly early to work out with the starters, get acclimated to Missoula and organize upcoming academic year. His focus is to be in shape to compete. Should be an exciting spring camp. Get ready Griz Nation, gonna see something special!

Looking forward to it. I think y'all will love Missoula.

bgbigdog said:
cclarkblues said:
Rats of Butte said:
Looks like Devin Maua won the heavyweight state championship today.

:clap: :clap: :thumb: :thumb:

Devin won the state! Nice job young man.

Wait a minute over on kittynation they are saying their guy won the heavy weight "State" championship :shock:

never mind I guess the kitty recruit won "class B"

I get it.... :thumb:
Isn't comparing class "B" to class "AA" sorta like comparing the "Frontier Conference" to the Big Sky?

getgrizzy said:
cclarkblues said:
bgbigdog said:
cclarkblues said:
:clap: :clap: :thumb: :thumb:

Devin won the state! Nice job young man.

Looking at his pictures, he is not a rotund 285.
Maua weighs 240. He wrestled Sessions when both were sophomores and won 18-7.

Both were on the Great Falls Tribune Super-State team as offensive lineman this year. Jake has put on about 50 lbs. since his sophomore year and has really improved as a wrestler and offensive lineman. What Jake doesn't have yet is a powerful upper body which he will gain in college. Wrestling really helped his lower body and turned him into a bona-fide offensive line prospect.

Devin has always had the power and if he keeps increasing his size, he may end up on the inside for the Griz. He has a powerful lower body which really helped him in wrestling and football. What Devin didn't have enough of in high school was an explosive get-off on the line of scrimmage on defense (he still was good enough to be a disruptor because of strength). The reason why I had him ranked below the rest of the quality defensive lineman out of Montana this year was because he was the least explosive out of all of them. However, I thought he was the second strongest defensive lineman, right under Helena's Chase Benson and he proved it on the field and during wrestling this year.

Jake will translate well as an offensive line prospect and Devin will translate well as a defensive line prospect based off their body types and skill set. I'm glad Devin got a shot to play at the FCS level. As similar players, I ranked Trace Bradshaw higher than Devin because Trace is more athletic but I believe Devin has more upside because he plays with way better technique than Trace did in high school and Devin is already stronger.

Devin had a great run at State this last weekend. He upset top wrestler Noah Danielson 2-1 in the semis.

Back