• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

RB- James Brown! I Feel GOOD!!!! (De)Commits

EverettGriz said:
We didn't want him anyhow....

We want a faster, bigger, stronger kid who has no big time "star" rating and isn't on the "Radar" and has the heart of a Chase Reynolds. Now, get out there and find that kid.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Ursus1 said:
Hope James enjoys playing in front of 6000 fans like they averaged last year....

This is stupid. Why don't you just use the "We didn't want him anyway" line. The kid has reasons for his decision.

Well God speed to him, but Abilene is a fucking shithole. At least it's only about 5-6 hours from Houston for his family....

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Ursus1 said:
Hope James enjoys playing in front of 6000 fans like they averaged last year....

This is stupid. Why don't you just use the "We didn't want him anyway" line. The kid has reasons for his decision.

Well God speed to him, but Abilene is a f***[*] shithole. At least it's only about 5-6 hours from Houston for his family....

It sure is a shithole.....and HHB I know you have some bzarre obsessions with disagreeing with my posts....but seriously quit reading them/or just block me (pretty simple to do) it is really getting creepy reminds me of a middle schooler .

If we get Nevens or Reed it's a bigger loss for him than us.

Now we just need to hope and pray that we do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ursus1 said:
AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Ursus1 said:

Well God speed to him, but Abilene is a f***[*] shithole. At least it's only about 5-6 hours from Houston for his family....

It sure is a shithole.....and HHB I know you have some bzarre obsessions with disagreeing with my posts....but seriously quit reading them/or just block me (pretty simple to do) it is really getting creepy reminds me of a middle schooler .

By your posts I picture you look like this:

76a1c86f66c6ac1299274b21ee3a858e.gif

Your gloomy outlook on life is so annoying.

Nothing negative to say about Mr Brown. Good luck kid. Next up. We got a schollie open. I hope whoever gets it is hungry and mean. Does EWU have any backs who committed. Seems like easy pickings.

bgbigdog said:
Better close to home & family than homesick & unhappy elsewhere.

Totally agree. We will get that pipeline going I hope. On another note, I know the new ACU coach Adam Dorrel. I'll text him and ask for him to give him back... :lol:

Calhoun, Favors, Green, & McCombs are what you've got on paper as of now. Kem is correct that you've got concerns with Calhoun and the threat of another concussion. The rest are unknowns, but it may be enough for the upcoming season provided things improve with the scheme & O-line play, and you don't get bitten by the injury bug. Not saying everything is covered, but I'm not panicked if I'm Stitt. Not about this anyway.

The reality is that running backs are usually among the best athletes on their teams, they've got the requisite skills to play the position & when they step up a level, can usually play sooner than most other incoming freshmen. The catch for Stitt is that he puts a premium on blocking because this is a pass-first offense, thus the reason Nguyen was so valuable.

Paytonlives said:
AZDoc said:
Bjorn Bjornstein said:
RayWill said:
Still leaves the griz needing another back though and no prospects left for this year

Still 4 backs with pending offers from us...

I was thinking the same. Tyree?

I was worried this might happen, a good friend of his verbal led to A Christian yesterday..

Oh well..good luck to him.
I have always encouraged my kids not to make decisions based on what a friend is doing, but more on how it may affect his future. ACU could be the perfect fit, but if his goals also include potential future in NFL, then ACU was not a good choice. Not near as much success in this area. 6 kids drafted in 10 years. And I don't think any of them are on active rosters at this time. Too bad, I was looking forward to the PA system blaring "I Feel Good" after his touchdowns as well as 26K singing along. Good luck to the kid.

HelenaHandBasket said:
NativeGriz said:
but if his goals also include potential future in NFL, then ACU was not a good choice.

I call bullshit. If you are a NFL quality player, they will find you.
I strongly disagree. The exception would be if ACU does better in future than in the past. ACUs best record is 6-5 in Southland-last year 2-9. Not many pros are found on 2-9 FCS clubs. I could give several more examples, but I am about to go into meeting.

HelenaHandBasket said:
NativeGriz said:
but if his goals also include potential future in NFL, then ACU was not a good choice.

I call bullshit. If you are a NFL quality player, they will find you.

Not true. If you are a high-quality NFL player (1st round draft pick) then yes, they will find you no matter what.

If you are 6-7th rounder or UFA, it is best to go to programs that scouts regularly frequent. Montana will have more scouts than UCA based on recent production.

brewskis said:
If we get Nevens or Reed it's a bigger loss for him than us.

Now we just need to hope and pray that we do.

Reed or Nevens are going to be tough gets. It could happen but I don't see it. I think Matlock and Lindsay are more likely.

I watched a home game between ACU vs SFU on tv when I was visiting Texas and the ACU stands were empty and it had an atmosphere of a Jr. High game.

Copper Griz said:
Nothing negative to say about Mr Brown. Good luck kid. Next up. We got a schollie open. I hope whoever gets it is hungry and mean. Does EWU have any backs who committed. Seems like easy pickings.

It doesn't appear so (EWU) First thing I thought of so I checked yesterday. Nobody that we would be drooling over.

signedbewildered said:
Copper Griz said:

It doesn't appear so (EWU) First thing I thought of so I checked yesterday. Nobody that we would be drooling over.

Eastern doesn't have a committed RB to date...

You guys are fine without Brown because R. Green was a nice signing last year...

Whatever, this is one more spot we can free up for a local kid (i.e. our future Chase Reynolds/Mariani etc). Have fun at Abilene Christian buddy.

Back