• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Recruit beats MT All Class 100 state record

Thanks gahriz! 10.77 it IS. :D What a great time.

I had an inkling that the posted 10.88 title sprint in 2001 for Harris was an error on MontanaTrack.com. Because when I saw that Steve Heberly (Havre) broke the All Class 100M record in 2003 with a time of 10.74, it had next to it the old record time of 10.77 by Tuff Harris in 2001. So yeah, the .88 should have been .77. :lol:

And I do remember online, Tuff's Griz bio when he signed and was playing, reading 10.7 and thinking WOW. He was special.

I remember Kevin Criswell was a great hurdler too...

IntuitiveGriz said:

I had an inkling that the posted 10.88 title sprint in 2001 for Harris was an error on MontanaTrack.com. Because when I saw that Steve Heberly (Havre) broke the All Class 100M record in 2003 with a time of 10.74, it had next to it the old record time of 10.77 by Tuff Harris in 2001. So yeah, the .88 should have been .77. :lol:

And I do remember online, Tuff's Griz bio when he signed and was playing, reading 10.7 and thinking WOW. He was special.

Yup, both great all around athletes. If Dalton continues on his current pace, he could definitely set the record, if not this year, then next. Many times it comes down to weather and conditions at state, this is Montana after all.

In the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section on MontanaTrack.com, this was posted:

How are state records set?

State records must be set in the actual state meet. This insures that all times and measures are accurate and that wind is not a factor.
================================================================================

I agree with this rule, because there are too many variables that can skew times outside of the State meet. Gotta keep the times accurate and fair for everybody.

gah-riz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Yup, both great all around athletes. If Dalton continues on his current pace, he could definitely set the record, if not this year, then next. Many times it comes down to weather and conditions at state, this is Montana after all.

I have no idea what Dalton will run this year or next at state. All I know is that I am really proud of him for running what he does run now, for being in some great company with the stars that have run before him. And you are absolutely right about the conditions needing to be ripe at state for any chance of a shot at even coming close to the best times in state history.

IntuitiveGriz said:
gah-riz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

I have no idea what Dalton will run this year or next at state. All I know is that I am really proud of him for running what he does run now, for being in some great company with the stars that have run before him. And you are absolutely right about the conditions needing to be ripe at state for any chance of a shot at even coming close to the best times in state history.

I can't wait to watch this kid play his senior yr in football. He will be Dillon Cooks go to guy and should put up huge numbers!

rimrockgriz said:
Who can give me the breakdown on "Evan" Epperly ? I watched 1980's Jeff crush it at hoops and play QB at Flathead. I also watched his younger brother "Jim". It sounds like athleticism to the max to me. Is the kid a multi sport athlete? duh.. Who has the skinny? thanks... :egriz:

I love Evan Epperly. Easily one of the very best all-around athletes in the state. He was a standout in everything he did wether it be football, basketball or track.

Evan Epperly, Safety, 5-10, 180, Fr., HS, Kalispell, Mont. (Glacier HS): Evan has 11 letters: four in basketball and track, and three in football...he was a first team all-state pick at wide receiver and cornerback...had 55 catches for 1,126 yards and 14 TDs, along with 51 tackles, 10 pass break-ups, and five interceptions his senior season...tabbed "AA" Western offensive MVP...football team was state runner-up in 2013...team captain in football and basketball...invited to play in Montana's East-West Shrine Game, and the Montana-Dakota All-Star Game...first team all-state in hoops and in track as a junior...all-time leader in assists and steals at Glacier High School...his football coach was former (1988-90) Griz quarterback Grady Bennett...he will major in education...birth date: Aug. 6, 1995...his parents are Jim and Heather Epperly of Bigfork...his aunt, Julie Epperly, played for the Lady Griz from 1988-92.

Evan Epperly is tied with three others for the 6th best 100M time in the whole state so far this year, according to montanatrack.com. These times are unofficial.

http://www.montanatrack.com/results/deeplist.php?year=2014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

10.66 Dalton Daum
10.93 Christian Langston
11.08 Wyatt David - msu FB?
11.10 Sean Foley - Griz FB
11.12 Mason Carle
11.26 Evan Epperly - Griz FB
11.26 Thor Olson
11.26 Brock Butcher
11.26 Mick Paffhausen - Tech FB?
11.27 Sean Opland
11.27 Drake Schafer
11.28 Kyle Nickol
11.32 Samuel Sparks
11.32 Shane Mann
11.32 Connor Murnion
11.33 Bill Yeager
11.34 Wylie Demin
11.34 Gharret Olson
11.34 Jacob Kleinhans
11.35 Kris Noble
11.38 McKenzie Holt
11.38 Logan Jones - msu FB
11.38 Trevon Strong
11.38 Kyle Harrington
11.39 Ryan Grandchamp
11.40 Anthony Byrns

speed,,,while you can't teach it, it is what you do with what you have...re: jerry rice, who ran a 4.71 forty.....

krammer said:
speed,,,while you can't teach it, it is what you do with what you have...re: jerry rice, who ran a 4.71 forty.....
actually he ran a 4.59, but the point remains. Nobody caught Jerry from behind after he caught the football.

http://www.sportsxchange.com/DS97/walsh/walsh3.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hammer said:
krammer said:
actually he ran a 4.59, but the point remains. Nobody caught Jerry from behind after he caught the football.

http://www.sportsxchange.com/DS97/walsh/walsh3.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thank you for the correction, I had read 4.71 this past week in the billings gazette supplement magazine,,,i should know better about the gazette..ha!,,,,,you understood what I was trying to say,,,we would take a dozen mr rice's...

krammer said:
Hammer said:
krammer said:

thank you for the correction, I had read 4.71 this past week in the billings gazette supplement magazine,,,i should know better about the gazette..ha!,,,,,you understood what I was trying to say,,,we would take a dozen mr rice's...

Yep. Jerry had another gear that he would only hit when he had the football.

And some egrizzers bitched when I gave Butte high updates last fall... Daum is listed 4 th in 200 records from his time last year. Kid is very very fast very tough for his size and can catch. Yes- a MM type.

IntuitiveGriz said:
Evan Epperly is tied with three others for the 6th best 100M time in the whole state so far this year, according to montanatrack.com. These times are unofficial.

http://www.montanatrack.com/results/deeplist.php?year=2014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

10.66 Dalton Daum
10.93 Christian Langston
11.08 Wyatt David - msu FB?
11.10 Sean Foley - Griz FB
11.12 Mason Carle
11.26 Evan Epperly - Griz FB
11.26 Thor Olson
11.26 Brock Butcher
11.26 Mick Paffhausen - Tech FB?
11.27 Sean Opland
11.27 Drake Schafer
11.28 Kyle Nickol
11.32 Samuel Sparks
11.32 Shane Mann
11.32 Connor Murnion
11.33 Bill Yeager
11.34 Wylie Demin
11.34 Gharret Olson
11.34 Jacob Kleinhans
11.35 Kris Noble
11.38 McKenzie Holt
11.38 Logan Jones - msu FB
11.38 Trevon Strong
11.38 Kyle Harrington
11.39 Ryan Grandchamp
11.40 Anthony Byrns

Anyone know if Alex Thomas is injured, not participating in track, or gotten way slower in a year? I see one (not so great) time for him in the 200m in the deep lists at montanatrack.com and no times for the 100. He ran a 11.00 last year which would put him 3rd in the state right now.

Back