• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

ROOT Sports announces Big Sky TV schedule

http://northwest.rootsports.com/viewer-faqs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What games can I purchase from ROOT SPORTS?

In order to purchase one of the following, please fill out a website ticket and we will get back to you shortly. It is $50 per DVD game, payable only by check.

Mariners Pregame
Mariners Postgame
Select High School games
Big Sky Football
Mariners All Access

get'em_griz said:
mlbowl said:
get'em_griz said:
Oct 24, 2015 - North Dakota @ Montana

Pretty sure that one's a misprint :)

Nope. The North Dakota no-names are in Missoula on Oct. 24. ;)

I think MLL was being a smart ass. Hard to believe UND is finally making a trip to Missoula. I was thinking it could be a misprint too. :lol: :thumb:

Griz!ron makes a valid point. Want to watch the Griz, it's internet/cable/satellite($/$/$), whether in-state or in temporary employment related exile.
The University sold its soul long ago. The KPAX days of bush league sports broadcasting 're OVER! Think about what your viewing costs you in total.If you're making good money, no problem. If you live on a tight budget, oh well, time to cut. Face it, Griz sports are not a necessity. Griz radio is free, if you live in Montana. One can live without Griz sports. Really. Not a quality life, but.......

mtgrizrule said:
biga75 said:
9 of the 10 games feature either the Cats or Griz :thumb:

That makes sense, considering 90% of Big Sky Conference fans consist of those fan bases. At least they know there will be eyes on the tv when either the GRIZ or Cats are televised. Until other conference teams and fans step up their attendance, there is no reason to televise other games not involving the GRIZ or Cats.

90%? Must be a a Communication and Human Relationship Major... love those guys.

BTW, just read the new Krakauer book... usually like his stuff, especially "Into Thin Air"... "you guys" are famous.

Of course, as it's clear to see, I'm crazy butthurt that the flash in the pan Bengals who average less than 7K don't have a game on Root... woe is me.

Carry on Griz, still lovin' and watchin' ya from Salmon, ID despite my woeful state.

So in a few years how many games will the Vandals have on Root? More or less than Montana?

Or will all of their games be on ESPN? ;)

FFS! Go to a bar and quit fucking bitching.

Mods, can we get this message pinned under Root Sports Games?

Ursa Major said:
FFS! Go to a bar and quit fucking bitching.

Mods, can we get this message pinned under Root Sports Games?

Bollocks! I don't want to pay for cable because I don't watch TV, but I want to watch the Griz games on TV or my computer, for free. Is that too much to ask? Also, what's the deal with the liquor stores? I don't drink, but I want to drink a cocktail, and they make you pay for the booze first! I guess this is what the country has come to.

I get Root no problem (DirecTV); my problem is the away games not covered by Root. They are usually on SWX here in southcentral MT and I cannot get it. So I'll attend the home games and ISU; for Liberty and PSU, I'll have to find a sports bar.

I love my country.
I love my guns.
I love my Griz
...and
I love my 60" LED smart TV connected to 60mbps Internet and surround sound all snap connected by Xbox One to Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, Twitter, Explorer and Dish Networks package in which includes the ROOT Sports Network.

mtgrizrule said:
get'em_griz said:
mlbowl said:
get'em_griz said:
Oct 24, 2015 - North Dakota @ Montana

Pretty sure that one's a misprint :)

Nope. The North Dakota no-names are in Missoula on Oct. 24. ;)

I think MLL was being a smart ass. Hard to believe UND is finally making a trip to Missoula. I was thinking it could be a misprint too. :lol: :thumb:

:x haha now I see it. :lol:

salmonbengal said:
mtgrizrule said:
biga75 said:
9 of the 10 games feature either the Cats or Griz :thumb:

That makes sense, considering 90% of Big Sky Conference fans consist of those fan bases. At least they know there will be eyes on the tv when either the GRIZ or Cats are televised. Until other conference teams and fans step up their attendance, there is no reason to televise other games not involving the GRIZ or Cats.

90%? Must be a a Communication and Human Relationship Major... love those guys.

BTW, just read the new Krakauer book... usually like his stuff, especially "Into Thin Air"... "you guys" are famous.

Of course, as it's clear to see, I'm crazy butthurt that the flash in the pan Bengals who average less than 7K don't have a game on Root... woe is me.

Carry on Griz, still lovin' and watchin' ya from Salmon, ID despite my woeful state.

I was being a smart ass regarding that figure. Without looking up exact attendance figures, between the GRIZ and Cats, attendance is close to 41,000 between the 2 programs. During conference seasonal games there is usually 6 hosting sites each week. Take the the GRIZ and Cats out of it. That leaves 4 sites hosting. Most weeks the remaining 4 sites don't add up to the 41,000 strong the GRIZ and Cat fans provide. Granted, 90% is an exaggeration and me being a smart ass. Most weeks the Montana schools provide the majority (over 50%) of the attendance in the conference. There is no way in hell, anyone can convince me the other 4 locations average 10,000 + per conference game. To take it a step further, when the GRIZ and Cats are on the road, ironic how the hosting team has attendance increase when those teams visit.

The support for most of the Conference teams sucks and is sad at other locations. My hats off to every fan of every program who supports those programs. Unfortunately other programs have a long way to go in their communities to get the support the schools/programs deserve. :thumb:

Until other programs/schools prove they can have that kind of support, then why would it make sense to have those teams on tv more often? If it were not for the 2 Montana schools, this conference would soon be taken off life support. Yes, it is sad and disappointing. I wish it were not the case.

Is this more or less games than last year. For some reason I thought that on a couple of days there were two Big Sky games on Root.

Root Sports will soon have 3 overflow channels via Charter TV subscription.

1972 said:
Is this more or less games than last year. For some reason I thought that on a couple of days there were two Big Sky games on Root.
11 games last year, 10 this year

kemajic said:
I get Root no problem (DirecTV); my problem is the away games not covered by Root. They are usually on SWX here in southcentral MT and I cannot get it. So I'll attend the home games and ISU; for Liberty and PSU, I'll have to find a sports bar.

Atlas?

Only complaint I have is when the game is not on, because a stupid Rockies game is on. I live in CO.

Back