• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Rushing Yards

Where does anyone get that Jeremy Calhoun has availability issues. His first game of his career was Oct. 3 2015. He was red-shirting, but then got it pulled. He appeared in every game the rest of the season. He played in the opener, sustained a concussion, missed the UNI game, and was back for Cal Poly. I'm not seeing the "availability issues".

What all these guys who know more than the coaches should be doing is asking themselves why they're so confused about football ... and why they aren't on the Griz staff. Nine times out of ten, when you think the coaches are wrong it's you who are just ignorant of what's going on. It should be an opportunity to learn something, but instead becomes an opportunity to pontificate for these guys. At some point, someone else may be appointed to be the "feature back" on our big time program. Until then, you can be sure Nguyen is the best man for the job ... a few short term stats notwithstanding.

havgrizfan said:
Where does anyone get that Jeremy Calhoun has availability issues. His first game of his career was Oct. 3 2015. He was red-shirting, but then got it pulled. He appeared in every game the rest of the season. He played in the opener, sustained a concussion, missed the UNI game, and was back for Cal Poly. I'm not seeing the "availability issues".
I did't mean it to be knock against Calhoun he is beast. I've seen several posts dogging Nguyen. Nguyen and Calhoun have been solid performers. It's a team game there are several factors why yard per carry numbers are down.

It would be nice to have 200 yarrds rushing and 300 plus yards passing every game with no turnovers, unrealistic, but would be nice. Griz running backs have put a good product on the field. Calhoun had TD runs and a solid game at CP and Nguyen was solid also, he had a important fourth down conversion and put team in position to win at the end.

Nguyen's career numbers are good, I'm confident RB numbers will improve when defenses have to gameplan for JLM.

havgrizfan said:
Agree; it's time for him to become our man; made a couple great QB saving blocks, which I think has been holding him back with the coaches.

Fat Bruno said:
What all these guys who know more than the coaches should be doing is asking themselves why they're so confused about football ... and why they aren't on the Griz staff. Nine times out of ten, when you think the coaches are wrong it's you who are just ignorant of what's going on. It should be an opportunity to learn something, but instead becomes an opportunity to pontificate for these guys. At some point, someone else may be appointed to be the "feature back" on our big time program. Until then, you can be sure Nguyen is the best man for the job ... a few short term stats notwithstanding.
When you tire of talking down to everyone from your lofty perch you can possibly reflect that this is fan forum that exchanges opinions. Some of which are very entertaining. As the self-appointed judge you can keep trying to manage the comments of the deplorables to suit your agenda.

I like that "lofty perch" thing. You mean a guy who constantly tells us how much more about coaching he knows than the coaches? Wouldn't that be the actual definition of preaching from a lofty perch?

Latest posts

Back