• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ryan Edwards Glacier 7 footer

Agent G said:
Just because everyone who currently has a scholarship may be engaged and buying into the Griz program, that's no guarantee they'll all be keeping their scholarships next year. The coaches may have to make some tough decisions to cut somebody loose to free up a scholarship(s) to get a game-ready big(s) next year. Unlike years ago when kids could get 4 year guaranteed scholarships, it's year to year now.

We are in dire need of quality post depth. I see no way around it. Wayne will likely have to pull a scholarship or 2. It surely won't be any of our bigs. I have a feeling someone will be playing ball elsewhere next season.

Word said:
You guys are putting too much stock into the old argument, "it's a binding legal contract."

Not too long ago, a coach named Larry Krystowiak made headlines for "wiggling out" of a scholarship after a kid signed a LOI. A kid can opt out of a scholarship. If he's not wanted anymore, it's clearly not a good fit, then it's in the kid's best interest to put himself back on the market.

I don't know if Edwards signed a scholarship or not, but it's not impossible to opt out, like many are claiming. If the Zags no longer want him, then I'm sure he's looking for a new home, whether he signed earlier or not.
Good point. The school is still legally bound to the scholarship. That kid that LK shafted could have still showed up and they would have been forced to honor the scholarship for one year. Your right, in that aparently there are ways force them to give it up.

Few would get killed in the media for doing a stunt like that with Edwards. LK's guy missed most of his senior year with an injury and when he came back he was a shell of the player he was before. Edwards got a personal trainer over the summer, lost some weight and his game has improved since last year. It could get ugly for Mark Few if he now said, hey good job on improving and losing some weight, but I asked you to lose 25 and you only lost 15 so now we need you to piss off. At this point I would think he will be there next year and if the weight is still an issue after the next season it would be much easier to let him go then.

Ursa Major said:
mtgrizrule said:
]I honestly do not know where the scholarship would come from. We lose Cherry and Ward. We have Dunn, Gfeller, and Bradshaw added to the mix next season, yet only lose 2 SR's. Hard for me to think any of our core rotational players would leave after this season They all look pretty happy at Montana. If scholarships are to be found, I would think it would be from players not part of the rotation.

I hate to say it but if the kid is interested in UM we really only have one course of action. Murder. I see no other way to free up a scholarship.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

the U of M is only known for rape...let's step it up a bit.

Back