• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

S- Isiahia Banks 3 star Commits!!!

Man1 said:
Banks is a very poor tackler, lots of arm tackles, goes to high and way too many roll tackle attempts. Kid need to learn to keep his head up, wrap up and go low.

You remind me of the guy who pissed and moaned about Dan Moore's capabilities and said he could easily tackle him. Strap em on, big boy and get out there and show Stitt what you've got!

Man1 said:
Banks is a very poor tackler, lots of arm tackles, goes to high and way too many roll tackle attempts. Kid need to learn to keep his head up, wrap up and go low.

Holy moly there are some serious haters posting as Fan of: The Montana Grizzlies. The kid hasn't even graduated from freakin high school yet, and you're trashing on him? Why?

To me, you sound like a very angry dad or mom who's son isn't being recruited by the Griz.

Great athlete that is not afraid to hit somebody! Love hearing that these recruits loved the atmosphere!

Love the kid...great get. Size, attitude, speed, aggressiveness are all there. No perfect players though and I do see how he needs to bring the arms a bit more at the next level. It will come...can't wait to see Banks bring the thunder at WA-Griz. Reminds me of a Tre Young type guy...only bigger!

"I knew Montana is moving in the right direction," Banks explained his decision. "I know that we're gonna win and that the fan base is waiting on coach Stitt to make that program great again.

"I wanted to be a part of that over going to a simple (FBS) bowl game and winning six or seven games in a season."

You have to think he'll see the field this year, I think part of turning down a program like CU would involve immediate play time or I should say the opportunity to earn a spot in camp.

The_Real_Chief said:
You have to think he'll see the field this year, I think part of turning down a program like CU would involve immediate play time or I should say the opportunity to earn a spot in camp.
Wow!! He turned down the Colorado Buffaloes? Didn't they just play in the PAC 12 championship game?

getgrizzy said:
The_Real_Chief said:
Wow!! He turned down the Colorado Buffaloes? Didn't they just play in the PAC 12 championship game?

They did, but i'm personally not convinced that they can sustain this success especially with losing their DC. We shall see though.

The_Real_Chief said:
getgrizzy said:
The_Real_Chief said:

They did, but i'm personally not convinced that they can sustain this success especially with losing their DC. We shall see though.
Who cares? When you can land a player that has a full-ride offer from a PAC 12 runner-up, you've done something. No matter how you slice it, that's huge!

Man1 said:

To paraphrase Coach (Bob) Green, "this guy could be in bed with Kate Upton and he'd be checking her for moles."

getgrizzy said:
The_Real_Chief said:
getgrizzy said:
The_Real_Chief said:

Who cares? When you can land a player that has a full-ride offer from a PAC 12 runner-up, you've done something. No matter how you slice it, that's huge!

No i 100% agree this is huge for us, i'm just saying i'm not sold on Colorado. I kind of figured Stitt would do well for us in Colorado. We have plenty of reasons why you'd choose to go to Montana over some of these other schools (obviously i'm a homer). Stadium atmosphere, history of sustained success(despite recent record we still win a handful of games), we send more than our fair share of players to the NFL, and you have an entire state behind you griz football is the biggest show in the state.

Man1 said:

WRONG :!:

Thats why an article listing the top players in Colorado had him as the #1 Safety and said about him, "As speedy and HARD HITTING as they come..."?

Banks is a MAJOR commitment! He will help win us a ton of games. This is a great sign, one that points to gettting back to the Griz dominance of the past...

Kodiak said:
Love the kid...great get. Size, attitude, speed, aggressiveness are all there. No perfect players though and I do see how he needs to bring the arms a bit more at the next level. It will come...can't wait to see Banks bring the thunder at WA-Griz. Reminds me of a Tre Young type guy...only bigger!

I strongly agree. In fact that is what I was thinking when I said, "...points to gettting back to the Griz dominance of the past...". Trey Young was amazing.

Back