• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sac State

havgrizfan said:
Yup, that was the game Teton. I'm assuming you weren't being sarcastic about Chase being an icon. Considering he's one of the greatest rushers in MONTANA HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE FOOTBALL HISTORY, and no Bobcat has ever ran for as many yards as he did, and he did it in only three seasons, not four. I'm assuming that's EXACTLY what you meant by Icon.

Icon is a complimentary word HavFan......take it down few notches and don't breath so hard

Potomac Griz said:
Teton Cat said:
That was the infamous game with the Griz Halloween costumes/uniforms [never to be seen in public again :mrgreen: ]

Followed by the 2011 beating, after which many cat fans were never seen in public again :mrgreen:

trail-of-cat-tears-2.jpg

HA HA, I called that one. :thumb: :lol:

havgrizfan said:
Yup, that was the game Teton. I'm assuming you weren't being sarcastic about Chase being an icon. Considering he's one of the greatest rushers in MONTANA HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE FOOTBALL HISTORY, and no Bobcat has ever ran for as many yards as he did, and he did it in only three seasons, not four. I'm assuming that's EXACTLY what you meant by Icon.

That was a cold damn game. The wind was blowing 20-30 mph, snowing right into my face. The celebration after the game was the warmest part of the day.

LongTimeCatFan said:
havgrizfan said:

That was a cold damn game. The wind was blowing 20-30 mph, snowing right into my face. The celebration after the game was the warmest part of the day.

That was indeed a very cold game... I'm not sure it was loud though.... Otherwise, we would have won, right????

qwerty15ster said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
havgrizfan said:

That was indeed a very cold game... I'm not sure it was loud though.... Otherwise, we would have won, right????

Actually, that's the last game I've been to in your stadium that I would say was loud. Granted your playoff games in 2011 were loud I'm told, but since then, not so much.

There were lots of pissed off Griz fans that day. I was cussed at, yelled at, teased, and given the finger. It was such a fun day.

LongTimeCatFan said:
qwerty15ster said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
havgrizfan said:

Actually, that's the last game I've been to in your stadium that I would say was loud. Granted your playoff games in 2011 were loud I'm told, but since then, not so much.

There were lots of pissed off Griz fans that day. I was cussed at, yelled at, teased, and given the finger. It was such a fun day.

LTCF, posts on egriz over 1,000 times, but doesn't get an egriz joke.... NOT ELITE.

LongTimeCatFan said:
havgrizfan said:

Exactly how I felt in 2011...Ive been to a lot of fun Griz scat games...2011 was the most fun I've ever had at one.

LTC, I won't disagree, I think Wash-Griz has quieted over the years on A game-to-game basis. It was inevitible. Fans just don't get frenzied as OFTEN as they used too. It used to be loud for games against Minnesota-Duluth and Carson-Newman. BUT, when the time comes that it HAS to be loud, it still does, and it's every bit as loud as it's ever been. The Cal Poly game last year was ear-splitting. So was EWU, even when the Griz were behind. So was App. State. The loud isn't gone, and it never will be. It's just that Griz fans don't seem to get loud on every down against every team anymore like they did back in the late 90's-early 2000s. But I was on the field for the fourth quarter and OT of Cal Poly last year and it was every bit as loud as its ever been. I wish it would be ear splitting against Sac State from the start Saturday, but that's not reality anymore. But to say Wash-Griz isn't loud is kind of silly.

qwerty15ster said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
qwerty15ster said:
LongTimeCatFan said:

LTCF, posts on egriz over 1,000 times, but doesn't get an egriz joke.... NOT ELITE.

Ha! No I got it, I just took a different angle.

havgrizfan said:
LTC, I won't disagree, I think Wash-Griz has quieted over the years on A game-to-game basis. It was inevitible. Fans just don't get frenzied as OFTEN as they used too. It used to be loud for games against Minnesota-Duluth and Carson-Newman. BUT, when the time comes that it HAS to be loud, it still does, and it's every bit as loud as it's ever been. The Cal Poly game last year was ear-splitting. So was EWU, even when the Griz were behind. So was App. State. The loud isn't gone, and it never will be. It's just that Griz fans don't seem to get loud on every down against every team anymore like they did back in the late 90's-early 2000s. But I was on the field for the fourth quarter and OT of Cal Poly last year and it was every bit as loud as its ever been. I wish it would be ear splitting against Sac State from the start Saturday, but that's not reality anymore. But to say Wash-Griz isn't loud is kind of silly.

That's fair

LongTimeCatFan said:
havgrizfan said:

I will say this, living in North Dakota, and going to many cold November games in the 80s, this game was pretty cold. My wife, another couple and I made the trip for the game. Thank god for the Miles City Tailgating Tent at half-time. My wife got lucky sitting with two older gents that had schnapps. By the end of the night she was the only person dressed in Griz clothes in the Miles City tent dancing away with the Cat Women. It was a rough ride back to Fargo, as she gave me shit about the Cats.

LongTimeCatFan said:
qwerty15ster said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
qwerty15ster said:

:thumb:

In all seriousness though, that was a very cold and fun game. It was my first Griz-Cat game in person. I would love a hundred more games like that, obviously with the Griz on top though!

LongTimeCatFan said:
havgrizfan said:

I will say this, living in North Dakota, and going to many cold November games in the 80s, this game was pretty cold. My wife, another couple and I made the trip for the game. Thank god for the Miles City Tailgating Tent at half-time. My wife got lucky sitting with two older gents that had schnapps. By the end of the night she was the only person dressed in Griz clothes in the Miles City tent dancing away with the Cat Women. It was a rough ride back to Fargo, as she gave me shit about the Cats.

Robsnotes4u said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
havgrizfan said:

We were talking about the 2010 game with the Halloweenies hosting the Bobcats in the wind tunnel of hellgate canyon.

You must be talking about tge great upset of 2011 where the Griz crushed our #1 mountain high we were on.

qwerty15ster said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
qwerty15ster said:
LongTimeCatFan said:

In all seriousness though, that was a very cold and fun game. It was my first Griz-Cat game in person. I would love a hundred more games like that, obviously with the Griz on top though!

Hey newb

Since Christ was a boy, it's always been the Cat/Griz game.

You don't hear people say dumb things like Navy-Army game do ya? Don't be dumb.

LongTimeCatFan said:
Robsnotes4u said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
havgrizfan said:

We were talking about the 2010 game with the Halloweenies hosting the Bobcats in the wind tunnel of hellgate canyon.

You must be talking about tge great upset of 2011 where the Griz crushed our #1 mountain high we were on.
Yes

LongTimeCatFan said:
qwerty15ster said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
qwerty15ster said:

Hey newb

Since Christ was a boy, it's always been the Cat/Griz game.

You don't hear people say dumb things like Navy-Army game do ya? Don't be dumb.
all depends on if you are a Griz or a kitty....
http://www.egriz.com/grizcat/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.gogriz.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/111904aaa.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I say that whichever team has the most wins in the rivalry should be listed first.

:roll: I think everybody is sort of over thinking this even now that we did actually lose. I thought everybody already predicted that the griz lose to Cal poly anyways. Griz are ok. Griz will wake up now and dominate the remaining games. Go Griz!!!

havgrizfan said:
Well two Chase Reynolds fumbles, a Gerald Kemp fumble on the goal line and an atrocious pick by Roper in the redzone certainly helped the Cats.

But Punch, if you can honestly say you have NEVER EVER EVER EVER uttered those same words about an MSU team that lost a game, than you are a better man than I. Even if you're not the real Dr. Jerry Punch. Seriously man, take off the Griz fan hatred glasses for a minute. Better teams lose football and basketball games ALL THE TIME.

The late great and amazing Jim Valvano was FAMOUS for telling anyone that would listen that the Houston Cougars were so much better than his N.C. State Wolfpack that the only way his team would ever have won that game in 1983 was with a miracle. And that's EXACTLY what the Pack did.

The Better team doesn't always win. BUT, to satisfy you, I meant to take nothing away from MSU. I'm a firm believer in A WIN IS A WIN IS A WIN, and the Cats won the 2010 Griz-Cat game fair and square. The scoreboard said so. JUST EXACTLY LIKE, THE Griz won the 2011 Brawl, right????

Yes, I agree that the best team does not always win the game. I think that's more true in baseball than in any other sport. I also believe that when teams just start losing and their confidence becomes non-existent, they stop playing to the best of their abilities. I have no doubt that the Griz got up for that 2010 game, but nobody could say that they played the best game they could have. I think when the team is mired in a challenging season like the Griz were then that some of that swagger is lost and it results in a few pivotal plays that normally would swing the Griz' way. Two Chase Reynolds fumbles weren't characteristic.

But, they happened. The Cats played a great defense game (for once that season) and I believe the better team won. Lots of people will dissect what the Griz could have done, but ultimately they weren't playing well as a team, Roeper was absolute garbage, and getting a consistent game out of your team in the cold is difficult. Away teams have to play almost perfectly to win at Montana. The Cats got away with playing less than a perfect game and still beat the Griz. They were the better team, but my opinion is different from others' and that's why this rivalry exists.

Potomac Griz said:
Teton Cat said:
That was the infamous game with the Griz Halloween costumes/uniforms [never to be seen in public again :mrgreen: ]

Followed by the 2011 beating, after which many cat fans were never seen in public again :mrgreen:

trail-of-cat-tears-2.jpg

And who can forget this one....

528fb69a43dab.preview-620.jpg

Back