• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sac State

Counter Assault said:
528fb69a43dab.preview-620.jpg

That is a great pic, but for smack talk purposes the trail of cat tears version 2 is more appropriate :p

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but respect for McGhee. Great QB and a great person from what I understand. It's too bad his college career ended with him having nagging injuries for most of the year.

and his coach throwing him under the bus for failing to score on the last play against SUU.

Considering MSU's program is pretty much the house that McGhee built (seriously, as a Bozeman-ite it was amazing to watch him almost single-handedly re-ignite their passion), Ash throwing him under the bus is a gigantic joke.

Brock Landers said:
Considering MSU's program is pretty much the house that McGhee built (seriously, as a Bozeman-ite it was amazing to watch him almost single-handedly re-ignite their passion), Ash throwing him under the bus is a gigantic joke.

Hmmm - Lulay was pretty good at igniting some passion.

poorgriz said:
Brock Landers said:

For Cat-Griz maybe. McGhee got people to actually go to other games.

I mean, being a Cat fan nowadays means 50% of your focus is on rooting against the Griz (as the presence of all 50 of you here confirms), but that's a big step down from the 95% back then.

Brock Landers said:
poorgriz said:
Brock Landers said:

I mean, being a Cat fan nowadays means 50% of your focus is on rooting against the Griz (as the presence of all 50 of you here confirms), but that's a big step down from the 95% back then.
I like it when children post information about us Cats, when you have no knowledge of our team over 5 years ago. Time for a nap.

griznation23 said:
:roll: I think everybody is sort of over thinking this even now that we did actually lose. I thought everybody already predicted that the griz lose to Cal poly anyways. Griz are ok. Griz will wake up now and dominate the remaining games. Go Griz!!!
:thumb:

Bobcatmaniac said:
Brock Landers said:
poorgriz said:
Brock Landers said:

I like it when children post information about us Cats, when you have no knowledge of our team over 5 years ago. Time for a nap.
Because I haven't lived in Bozeman since "over 5 years ago?"

Maybe you're the one that needs the nap Gramps

Brock Landers said:
poorgriz said:
Brock Landers said:

Nowadays? I'll own up. I have retained two sayings, in my head, and verbally:

1. If the Grizzlies were playing the Al Qaeda All-Stars, I'd be cheering -loudly- for the Al Qaeda All-Stars.

2. A Grizzly fan's arrogance is exceeded only by his overconfidence.

All smack aside and this not intended as smack. I think the Griz are going to have a tougher time with Sac State than many on this board are thinking.

Watching your defense try to cover Brown at Cal Poly, Garrett Safron runs as well or better and can throw bombs to their huge receivers. Further, their front two D-Lineman are GIGANTIC. Beasts. The Cats barely beat them because they kept gashing us with both the run and the pass.

You guys have your hands full this weekend.

For the record, I am predicting the Cats lose against Cal Poly.

havgrizfan said:
LTC, I won't disagree, I think Wash-Griz has quieted over the years on A game-to-game basis. It was inevitible. Fans just don't get frenzied as OFTEN as they used too. It used to be loud for games against Minnesota-Duluth and Carson-Newman. BUT, when the time comes that it HAS to be loud, it still does, and it's every bit as loud as it's ever been. The Cal Poly game last year was ear-splitting. So was EWU, even when the Griz were behind. So was App. State. The loud isn't gone, and it never will be. It's just that Griz fans don't seem to get loud on every down against every team anymore like they did back in the late 90's-early 2000s. But I was on the field for the fourth quarter and OT of Cal Poly last year and it was every bit as loud as its ever been. I wish it would be ear splitting against Sac State from the start Saturday, but that's not reality anymore. But to say Wash-Griz isn't loud is kind of silly.

It's not as easy as it used to be. Taking a breath from an oxygen tank and then trying to yell takes it's toll. Also 9 trips to the bathroom a quarter takes some out of the game for a while. Like you say, it's still loud, you just have to pick your spots.

Counter Assault said:
Nowadays? I'll own up. I have retained two sayings, in my head, and verbally:

1. If the Grizzlies were playing the Al Qaeda All-Stars, I'd be cheering -loudly- for the Al Qaeda All-Stars.

2. A Grizzly fan's arrogance is exceeded only by his overconfidence.

All smack aside and this not intended as smack. I think the Griz are going to have a tougher time with Sac State than many on this board are thinking.

Watching your defense try to cover Brown at Cal Poly, Garrett Safron runs as well or better and can throw bombs to their huge receivers. Further, their front two D-Lineman are GIGANTIC. Beasts. The Cats barely beat them because they kept gashing us with both the run and the pass.

You guys have your hands full this weekend.

For the record, I am predicting the Cats lose against Cal Poly.

Damn it, I keep trying to click on "than many on this board are thinking!" I expected a hyperlink to some awesome posts! Come on, Counter Assault, up your game!

Brock Landers said:
Bobcatmaniac said:
Brock Landers said:
poorgriz said:

Because I haven't lived in Bozeman since "over 5 years ago?"

Maybe you're the one that needs the nap Gramps

Or because you don't know what the F--- you're talking about. I'm going with that.

Brock Landers said:

So spot on that it's fucking scary. Well put.

Back