• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sagarin Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robsnotes4u said:
CV Griz Fan said:
What's that old saying concerning polls? "The only poll that matters is the poll on the last day of the season".
At this point, the Griz control their own destiny. You can't ask for more than that....,

The NCAA SRS on selection day, unfortunately we are not privy to the information throughout the year. After that the polls are done, and it is all about performing in the tourney.
Moron much. After 50 plus years I've met a lot of morons, you take the cake, that you cant even jerk off in a show pony dance that shows the rest of us that you hate peoples freedom.

Fuck off and if you want to play it won't end well bitch.

Mr. Greenjeans said:
Robsnotes4u said:
Interesting tid bit since this is about Sagarin.

Sat with the Gentleman who does our pool ratings, as I have state before much like Sagarin, tonight. We discussed football. As an ex professor at the Doctorate level at NDSU, he ran a rating system last year during the FCS playoffs, that was very accurate.

I asked, what was the difference between pool ratings and football. He said it is really simple. It is not about W/L in football. A football game has two teams on every team, an offense and a defense. So you build your algorithm on that. It is more complicated then I understand, but it does make total sense.

So admitting I am an idiot when posting about football should make those of us that are interested in football have an opinion other than I am an idiot. Nice try...

Come on Mr. I want to pile on also. You are calling someone with a Doctorate and idiot, that has developed a system that is accurate? Prove your statement. It is not my fault you can't have a conversation on topic, and lack the intelligence to talk rating systems.

Are you that stupid? Really?
The Doctor developed a rating system for pool
The Doctor developed a rating system for FCS playoffs
The difference in pool you are only worried about wins and losses
In football you have offense and defense that both must be rated
His alogrithm is different for both
His alogrithm for pool only use wins and loses
His alogrithm for football combines a rating for offense and defense
The math is complicated in but here is a link since you are so damn smart read it and explain the math to us. http://www.fargobilliards.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/fargoratings.pdf If you can't then just STFU, as you are the idiot.

NOW Contribute to the thread, and quit trolling.

Mr. Greenjeans said:
Robsnotes4u said:
CV Griz Fan said:
What's that old saying concerning polls? "The only poll that matters is the poll on the last day of the season".
At this point, the Griz control their own destiny. You can't ask for more than that....,

The NCAA SRS on selection day, unfortunately we are not privy to the information throughout the year. After that the polls are done, and it is all about performing in the tourney.
Moron much. After 50 plus years I've met a lot of morons, like myself, I jerk off in a show pony dance that shows the rest of you that you hate peoples freedom to express myself through beastiality.

f*** off and if you want to play it won't end well bitch.

Really, how will it end? Did you not understand the statement. The SRS is the only poll that matters. Reality sucks.

Peoples freedom, you need help. but go ahead I want to play, tell me how it ends. BTW, FIFY. You can come out now

Robsnotes4u said:
Mr. Greenjeans said:
Robsnotes4u said:

Sat with the Gentleman who does our pool ratings, as I have state before much like Sagarin, tonight. We discussed football. As an ex professor at the Doctorate level at NDSU, he ran a rating system last year during the FCS playoffs, that was very accurate.

I asked, what was the difference between pool ratings and football. He said it is really simple. It is not about W/L in football. A football game has two teams on every team, an offense and a defense. So you build your algorithm on that. It is more complicated then I understand, but it does make total sense.

So admitting you are an idiot when posting about football should make those of us that are interested in football have an opinion other than you are an idiot. Nice try...

Come on Mr. I want to pile on also. You are calling someone with a Doctorate and idiot, that has developed a system that is accurate? Prove your statement. It is not my fault you can't have a conversation on topic, and lack the intelligence to talk rating systems.

The math is complicated in but here is a link since you are so damn smart read it and explain the math to us. http://www.fargobilliards.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/fargoratings.pdf If you can't then just STFU, as you are the idiot.

95% of these guys can't appreciate let alone understand an educated conversation on egriz. Their gut reaction is to belittle and talk shit, which is what they do because that's what all dip shits with a mental capacity of a neanderthal would do. Take cda for example. He chimes in on random convos with what he thinks is a witty quip. It usually takes the form of a narrative and goes on to tell some little satirical story that nobody really finds funny, and it's painfully obvious that he is looking for affirmation from his peer group...mainly other Griz homers. Then you have guys like greenjeans. Guys who are literally too stupid to recognize a thread that is actually contributing to on topic conversation. He likes to come right out of the gate firing insults, while simultaneously having not a clue what he is talking about. Again, another neanderthal reaction, which obviously only reinforces how big of a dip shit he really is. To be completely objective about the situation, there are only 3 posters on here that aren't complete trash....i know what you're thinking PR, and NO you aren't one of the 3. Ok, enough jibber jabber.

IroneagleXP said:
Robsnotes4u said:
Mr. Greenjeans said:
Robsnotes4u said:

So admitting you are an idiot when posting about football should make those of us that are interested in football have an opinion other than you are an idiot. Nice try...

95% of these guys can't appreciate let alone understand an educated conversation on egriz. Their gut reaction is to belittle and talk shit, which is what they do because that's what all dip shits with a mental capacity of a neanderthal would do. Take cda for example. He chimes in on random convos with what he thinks is a witty quip. It usually takes the form of a narrative and goes on to tell some little satirical story that nobody really finds funny, and it's painfully obvious that he is looking for affirmation from his peer group...mainly other Griz homers. Then you have guys like greenjeans. Guys who are literally too stupid to recognize a thread that is actually contributing to on topic conversation. He likes to come right out of the gate firing insults, while simultaneously having not a clue what he is talking about. Again, another neanderthal reaction, which obviously only reinforces how big of a dip shit he really is. To be completely objective about the situation, there are only 3 posters on here that aren't complete trash....i know what you're thinking PR, and NO you aren't one of the 3. Ok, enough jibber jabber.

Super cute.

Robsnotes4u said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Robsnotes4u said:

So, you understand after it becomes more complicated?
Evidently it is beyond your scope of reasoning. I will spell it out for you. The math is more complicated, but the thought process makes more sense. I am sorry I forget that you guys attended the school you did. I will make everything simpler next time. I will sllooooow down.
Rob, you missed the joke. You said "It is more complicated THEN I understand." The correct word to use there would have been "than". He was simply pointing out your mistake.

bisonboone11 said:
Robsnotes4u said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Robsnotes4u said:

Evidently it is beyond your scope of reasoning. I will spell it out for you. The math is more complicated, but the thought process makes more sense. I am sorry I forget that you guys attended the school you did. I will make everything simpler next time. I will sllooooow down.
Rob, you missed the joke. You said "It is more complicated THEN I understand." The correct word to use there would have been "than". He was simply pointing out your mistake.

Thanks for your input. A tweet, a text, and other informal forms of communication, are no place for grammar police.

Robsnotes4u said:
bisonboone11 said:
Robsnotes4u said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Thanks for your input. A tweet, a text, and other informal forms of communication, are no place for grammar police.

It's *or*, not *and*. And you don't need a comma after "communication".

AZGrizFan said:
Robsnotes4u said:
bisonboone11 said:
Robsnotes4u said:

It's *or*, not *and*. And you don't need a comma after "communication".

You are correct regarding the comma, and I am correct on the word and instead of or. One other correction you missed is that I missed "the" before grammar police.

In fairness to the OP, what does your statement, besides making yourself feel like a hero on a message board, have to do with Sagarin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back