• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Schye

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
BWahlberg said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
There is a lot of talent on the bench, right where coach G wants them.....for some reason. Maybe he just forgets they are there and that this isn't a retirement home game befor lunch.

You are fu*king crazy if you think there are not better players that are not on the field! One would have to wonder what the hell you watched last year.....or even question if you ever REALLY played the game.

What?

I'm crazy if I think there are not better players that are not on the field.

Ok

So then, all knowing one, what I think you're trying to say is that there's better players on the bench than those starting right now. Who would that be? I would be interested to see who you're thinking of. I'm not saying you're wrong but I'm just curious your opinion.

Starting last year and just on defense McKinley, Gamboa, Lebsock.

Sorry but you will never convince me that even straight out of high school McKinley would not have been equal too or better than either of our corners and after 5-6 games hands down better. Gamboa or Lebsock would have made more plays than Tully, so what if they blow a few they couldn't have been less consistent than that guy for 3 years. I also think if you have to switch them to LB because that's what we do for some reason, Gamboa and Lebsock would have been equal to JP probably better because they have more speed and Lebsock can tackle better in the open field.

You put your best players on the field and let them make plays, it doesn't matter if they are Freshman or Seniors you don't give preference to a Senior that may be equal to a younger player play the better player. You and coach G agree, I don't.

Feel free to sweeten this post up with your "unbiased" outlook.

We can't wait

:coffee:

Well the initial argument was that Schye is one of the 3 best players on the team, which I disagree with. You're now taking this down a totally different path in terms of last year's team and depth at that point. So I don't see how I'd be able to even sweeten that up since you're so far off course from the original argument.

And Lebsock or Gamboa last year being better than JP. Nope, not overall. In pass coverage yes, but as a complete LB... no way.

BWahlberg said:
Well the initial argument was that Schye is one of the 3 best players on the team, which I disagree with. You're now taking this down a totally different path in terms of last year's team and depth at that point. So I don't see how I'd be able to even sweeten that up since you're so far off course from the original argument.

And Lebsock or Gamboa last year being better than JP. Nope, not overall. In pass coverage yes, but as a complete LB... no way.
A little hyperbole to make a point on eGriz is not unique to AG1.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
AllWeatherFan said:
But the real question is, would he make NDSU's roster?

Even though he is our best LB, not this year.

Next year when NDSU actually graduates all their core talent then yes I believe he could make their roster.

I'm glad you believe the kid still has a goal to shoot for.
We wouldn't want his career to peak before it even began. :ugeek:

mtgrizfankb said:
He has major issues still. Over commits....which you tore into Tripp about. Is slow side to side. Is prob 4-5th best as far as coverage is concerned. He will have trouble when teams like ewu shift a saftey onto him as he can't drop his shoulder like he does because of his size. This kid has tons of talent. But kose and van ack are better at linebacker. Kidder, wags, Holmes, nelson are all better players at this moment than schye.

Please post one comment about Tripp where I complained about his play, I cant wait to see that one.

He is not slow laterally that may be one of his best qualities so I dont see where you are coming up with that.

I dont understand the ewu safety comment????

Schye gets of blocks and spills better than all of the LBs. He drops deeper in zone coverage than others, I assume because he knows he can come up quicker if need be.

I disagree that any LB is better all around than Schye, some have other qualities but so does Schye, not really interested in the opinions on this thread because most of them are just that and the people making them are not qualified to critique LB play.

Renders them irrelevant.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Please post one comment about Tripp where I complained about his play, I cant wait to see that one.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
67silvergrad said:
Tripp is very athletic, but has not played his position well, missed tackles, late to the dance and out of position. He should have been a safety with his speed, height, and hitting ability. He would have been a pro prospect as a safety. Purely mediocre compared to Coyle and even JP.

Great first post................but you are going to get hammered by these tools.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Yet another whiff by Tripp

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

BWahlberg said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
67silvergrad said:
Tripp is very athletic, but has not played his position well, missed tackles, late to the dance and out of position. He should have been a safety with his speed, height, and hitting ability. He would have been a pro prospect as a safety. Purely mediocre compared to Coyle and even JP.

Great first post................but you are going to get hammered by these tools.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Yet another whiff by Tripp

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

So one post by 67silvergrad and the other one (out of context of course) but it wasnt from "me".

Still waiting

Hey Wahlberg..........I don't even have a Droid Bionic................oops

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx HD using Tapatalk 4

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Keep spinning boss. :thumb:

BWahlberg said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Keep spinning boss. :thumb:

This post wasn't from Wahlberg, either, so you're good. Oh, and I'm not AWF. I don't even own an iPad.

Sent from my iPad

BWahlberg said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Slow down there zippy.

Please feel free to elaborate why you think Van Ack........tell us what VA does any better than Schye? I can't wait to read this.

Schye is the best player on defense and nobody else is even close..........as sad as that sounds. Another guy at LB that just has a nose for the ball and makes plays and also may be the best tackler is Lebsock. Still would let him play safety because he is always around the ball and he makes plays but hey let our Geriatric coach make that mistake.

You're saying Schye is better than Wagenmann, Holmes, Kidder, and Takai? Ok.... That kind of ruins your argument right there, especially saying he's better than Wagenmann and Holmes.

Van Ackeren covers better at this point and has shown quicker speed and better range. He's been more consistent in tackling and making stops. Additionally it would appear the Schye is still adapting to playing middle linebacker. He has lapses at times and gets out of position. From what I've seen KVA has not had nearly as many issues. Schye is going to become a beast and needs to be on the field as much as possible. I love what I see in this kid.

I HOPE your prediction is correct and I wouldn't bet against it either, I see that potential there and I've had feedback from players on last years team that suggests it as well. He's not there yet though.
When you acquire a player of this talent level you find a place for him on the F.....G football field. He has many gifted skills that are too numerous to list for some of us who can only post in "off" hours...This guy is a total stud, who makes big plays...period! He will make a huge impact as soon as he gets the opportunity . Some dumb f...s on here will never understand what the post of best player on the field really means...Where is my 16# hammer??? Yeah we have some nice double burger patties to put in right now... with a little more experience and a huge talent drop :roll: but f..k that. Throw the standing rib roast in the oven and get the game changer in the game. I can just hear some of you douchebags...."but this other guy has been in the program 3 or 4 years" waaaaaaaaaahhhhh! I remember many years ago the Trailblazers GM needed a center in the NBA draft...Bobby Knight told him to draft Jordan... anyway....the douche didn't listen. No direct comparison here...just trying to dummy down for the posers... :egriz:

rimrockgriz said:
BWahlberg said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Slow down there zippy.

Please feel free to elaborate why you think Van Ack........tell us what VA does any better than Schye? I can't wait to read this.

Schye is the best player on defense and nobody else is even close..........as sad as that sounds. Another guy at LB that just has a nose for the ball and makes plays and also may be the best tackler is Lebsock. Still would let him play safety because he is always around the ball and he makes plays but hey let our Geriatric coach make that mistake.

You're saying Schye is better than Wagenmann, Holmes, Kidder, and Takai? Ok.... That kind of ruins your argument right there, especially saying he's better than Wagenmann and Holmes.

Van Ackeren covers better at this point and has shown quicker speed and better range. He's been more consistent in tackling and making stops. Additionally it would appear the Schye is still adapting to playing middle linebacker. He has lapses at times and gets out of position. From what I've seen KVA has not had nearly as many issues. Schye is going to become a beast and needs to be on the field as much as possible. I love what I see in this kid.

I HOPE your prediction is correct and I wouldn't bet against it either, I see that potential there and I've had feedback from players on last years team that suggests it as well. He's not there yet though.
When you acquire a player of this talent level you find a place for him on the F.....G football field. He has many gifted skills that are too numerous to list for some of us who can only post in "off" hours...This guy is a total stud, who makes big plays...period! He will make a huge impact as soon as he gets the opportunity . Some dumb f...s on here will never understand what the post of best player on the field really means...Where is my 16# hammer??? Yeah we have some nice double burger patties to put in right now... with a little more experience and a huge talent drop :roll: but f..k that. Throw the standing rib roast in the oven and get the game changer in the game. I can just hear some of you douchebags...."but this other guy has been in the program 3 or 4 years" waaaaaaaaaahhhhh! I remember many years ago the Trailblazers GM needed a center in the NBA draft...Bobby Knight told him to draft Jordan... anyway....the douche didn't listen. No direct comparison here...just trying to dummy down for the posers... :egriz:

You're making me hungry.

rimrockgriz said:
BWahlberg said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Slow down there zippy.

As I said even in the post you quoted, "Schye is going to become a beast and needs to be on the field as much as possible. I love what I see in this kid."

And btw what if I told you that at this point last year a healthy Kose was making more plays than Schye? Assuming both stay healthy they'll both play a ton this season.

A telltale sign of someone without knowledge of football and coaching is someone who complains that college coaches don't play their best players. The jobs of college coaches depend on winning. They put their best players on the field, unless there is some disciplinary/attitude issue at the time. While there may be some disagreement as to whom the best player is in some close call situations, the coaches see the players up close and frequently, and they are much zillions better at judging talent than internet idiots who don't attend practice, don't know how to coach, aren't paying close attention, and are just spouting off.

BWahlberg said:
rimrockgriz said:
BWahlberg said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Slow down there zippy.

As I said even in the post you quoted, "Schye is going to become a beast and needs to be on the field as much as possible. I love what I see in this kid."

And btw what if I told you that at this point last year a healthy Kose was making more plays than Schye? Assuming both stay healthy they'll both play a ton this season.

With coach G Schye ISNT going to become a beast, that's the problem. Put the best players on the field! If Kose never played a down this year, oh well nothing missed.

PlayerRep said:
A telltale sign of someone without knowledge of football and coaching is someone who complains that college coaches don't play their best players. The jobs of college coaches depend on winning. They put their best players on the field, unless there is some disciplinary/attitude issue at the time. While there may be some disagreement as to whom the best player is in some close call situations, the coaches see the players up close and frequently, and they are much zillions better at judging talent than internet idiots who don't attend practice, don't know how to coach, aren't paying close attention, and are just spouting off.
God you are fu* king retard!

A telltale sign of a retard is this post. Anyone that doesn't have their head in their or a coaches ass know that different people see different things when it comes to talent. They also know that our current crop of retread inbreeds running the team don't know talent.

Some people are just better at this than others, then you have me and Michael Jordan.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
With coach G Schye ISNT going to become a beast, that's the problem. Put the best players on the field! If Kose never played a down this year, oh well nothing missed.

Right because Gregrack hasn't coached any solid linebackers. Only Tripp, Coyle, Kanongata'a, McSurdy, Lebsock (x2), Utterback, Joyce, Foreman, Hawthorne, Fisher, MacIntyre, Ryan, Corwin, and Shaw.

Lots of crappy players in there, right? :roll:

I don't even know why i keep getting "browse for asian women" ads on this site.. I dont even like asian women. They have no ass!

:cool:

BWahlberg said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Right because Gregrack hasn't coached any solid linebackers. Only Tripp, Coyle, Kanongata'a, McSurdy, Lebsock (x2), Utterback, Joyce, Foreman, Hawthorne, Fisher, MacIntyre, Ryan, Corwin, and Shaw.

Lots of crappy players in there, right? :roll:
Didn't get a lot out of them that's for sure. I stand by my comments

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
PlayerRep said:
God you are fu* king retard!

A telltale sign of a retard is this post. Anyone that doesn't have their head in their or a coaches ass know that different people see different things when it comes to talent. They also know that our current crop of retread inbreeds running the team don't know talent.

Some people are just better at this than others, then you have me and Michael Jordan.

PR:
BTW, Kurt Warner was a 5th year senior when he finally got his chance at NIU. Do you think he might have been a little better than the warm bodies that played ahead of him for a couple if years? Coaches make mistakes all the time when evaluating talent. The list of horrible coaching mistakes on talent evaluation
Is huge. It crosses all sports. I know you know that.

Back