• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Schye

CV Griz Fan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
PlayerRep said:
A telltale sign of someone without knowledge of football and coaching is someone who complains that college coaches don't play their best players. The jobs of college coaches depend on winning. They put their best players on the field, unless there is some disciplinary/attitude issue at the time. While there may be some disagreement as to whom the best player is in some close call situations, the coaches see the players up close and frequently, and they are much zillions better at judging talent than internet idiots who don't attend practice, don't know how to coach, aren't paying close attention, and are just spouting off.
God you are fu* king retard!

A telltale sign of a retard is this post. Anyone that doesn't have their head in their or a coaches ass know that different people see different things when it comes to talent. They also know that our current crop of retread inbreeds running the team don't know talent.

Some people are just better at this than others, then you have me and Michael Jordan.

PR:
BTW, Kurt Warner was a 5th year senior when he finally got his chance at NIU. Do you think he might have been a little better than the warm bodies that played ahead of him for a couple if years? Coaches make mistakes all the time when evaluating talent. The list of horrible coaching mistakes on talent evaluation
Is huge. It crosses all sports. I know you know that.

If coaches would just consult the experts on egriz they would always be better off....

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
A few people on egriz know more than a lot of coaches.

Playa isnt one of them.

Or at least they think they do...enough fireball, and I am the smartest coach on the planet....

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
BWahlberg said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
With coach G Schye ISNT going to become a beast, that's the problem. Put the best players on the field! If Kose never played a down this year, oh well nothing missed.

Right because Gregrack hasn't coached any solid linebackers. Only Tripp, Coyle, Kanongata'a, McSurdy, Lebsock (x2), Utterback, Joyce, Foreman, Hawthorne, Fisher, MacIntyre, Ryan, Corwin, and Shaw.

Lots of crappy players in there, right? :roll:
Didn't get a lot out of them that's for sure. I stand by my comments

Exactly, I mean seriously all this group did was:

- Be a part of 7 Big Sky Championship teams
- Send 5 teams to the playoff semi finals
- Send 3 teams to the national championship game
- Send 9 teams to the playoffs
- Beat the Cats 7 times

Also other random stats to prove why they're totally worthless:

- Every one of these players made all-conference teams
- 3 of these players have been or will be on NFL rosters (Tripp, Coyle, McSurdy)
- Most of these players also made pre-season all conference teams
- One of these is an NFL coach (Brandon Fisher)
- None had been involved with off-field legal/bad image issues

------

For sake of your supposed message board bad guy image I'll stop at that as to not take too much luster from ya.

CV Griz Fan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
PlayerRep said:
A telltale sign of someone without knowledge of football and coaching is someone who complains that college coaches don't play their best players. The jobs of college coaches depend on winning. They put their best players on the field, unless there is some disciplinary/attitude issue at the time. While there may be some disagreement as to whom the best player is in some close call situations, the coaches see the players up close and frequently, and they are much zillions better at judging talent than internet idiots who don't attend practice, don't know how to coach, aren't paying close attention, and are just spouting off.

A telltale sign of a retard is this post. Anyone that doesn't have their head in their or a coaches ass know that different people see different things when it comes to talent. They also know that our current crop of retread inbreeds running the team don't know talent.

Some people are just better at this than others, then you have me and Michael Jordan.

PR:
BTW, Kurt Warner was a 5th year senior when he finally got his chance at NIU. Do you think he might have been a little better than the warm bodies that played ahead of him for a couple if years? Coaches make mistakes all the time when evaluating talent. The list of horrible coaching mistakes on talent evaluation

So this is your argument. You think the NIU coaches must have made a mistake with Warner, because he eventually became a good NFL qb. Never mind that he didn't get recruited much out of high school, and also didn't get recruited by the NFL out of college. Therefore, since you believe the NIU coaches must have goofed up with Warner, that means that all coaches, especially UM coaches, don't know as much as fans and internet junkies. And that means that Schye should have been on the field in front of our linebackers last year, 2 of whom were first team all conference, 1 of whom was 2d all conference, one of whom was 1st team all-american, one of whom won the top defensive award for the team, one of whom was UM's second ever player in the Senior Bowl and invited to the NfL Combine, all 3 of whom are trying to play professionally, two of whom may be drafted, and as a group were probably the best set of linebackers to ever play at UM. Wow, I didn't realize how dumb our coaches were. Especially, Gregorak, who played at what was then Linebacker U--starting as a frosh there. Glad you straightened us out. Glad you showed how an absolute exception is really the rule.

PlayerRep said:
CV Griz Fan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
PlayerRep said:

PR:

So this is your argument. You think the NIU coaches must have made a mistake with Warner, because he eventually became a good NFL qb. Never mind that he didn't get recruited much out of high school, and also didn't get recruited by the NFL out of college. Therefore, since you believe the NIU coaches must have goofed up with Warner, that means that all coaches, especially UM coaches, don't know as much as fans and internet junkies. And that means that Schye should have been on the field in front of our linebackers last year, 2 of whom were first team all conference, 1 of whom was 2d all conference, one of whom was 1st team all-american, one of whom won the top defensive award for the team, one of whom was UM's second ever player in the Senior Bowl and invited to the NfL Combine, all 3 of whom are trying to play professionally, two of whom may be drafted, and as a group were probably the best set of linebackers to ever play at UM. Wow, I didn't realize how dumb our coaches were. Especially, Gregorak, who played at what was then Linebacker U--starting as a frosh there. Glad you straightened us out. Glad you showed how an absolute exception is really the rule.

No, that's not my point. My point is this, just because a coach must win to keep his job, that doesn't always mean that he'll always make the correct evaluations of talent. Your point was that a coach like Ty is with the players day in and day out and has the best perspective on the players and the talent level. Most times that is true but many mistakes have been made over the years by coaches. The list of historic mistakes is huge. In fact, coaches that are a lot better than MD and Ty have made many of these mistakes. Kurt Warner is just one example. There are many more examples. Coaches have bias, they all see things differently and they all miss on players. To suggest otherwise is just not realistic. Is Schye the 3rd best player on the roster? Maybe not but to suggest that Ty is beyond second guessing is a little cavalier too. He is into his third year of mediocrity remember?

CV Griz Fan said:
PlayerRep said:
CV Griz Fan said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

PR:

No, that's not my point. My point is this, just because a coach must win to keep his job, that doesn't always mean that he'll always make the correct evaluations of talent. Your point was that a coach like Ty is with the players day in and day out and has the best perspective on the players and the talent level. Most times that is true but many mistakes have been made over the years by coaches. The list of historic mistakes is huge. In fact, coaches that are a lot better than MD and Ty have made many of these mistakes. Kurt Warner is just one example. There are many more examples. Coaches have bias, they all see things differently and they all miss on players. To suggest otherwise is just not realistic. Is Schye the 3rd best player on the roster? Maybe not but to suggest that Ty is beyond second guessing is a little cavalier too. He is into his third year of mediocrity remember?

There is no F-ing way that Gregorak or the defensive coaches made a mistake on who to start at linebacker last year. Anyone who even suggests that is a total idiot. In my view, the UM coaches made zero mistakes on who to play last year. It is just laughable that some of you think you know more about who should start/play for UM.

kemajic said:
Like Tom Brady not being the starter at Michigan.

Just because some player improves greatly with age and experience, and in another system, doesn't mean that mistakes were made by earlier coaches. It may be reason to look at the earlier situation, but it hardly proves the point.

We need more players that get better riding the bench. Let them get a little older then.......Bradyfied! Jesus I have heard it all now

SMFH

:roll:

BWahlberg said:
Lots of crappy players in there, right? :roll:
Didn't get a lot out of them that's for sure. I stand by my comments[/quote]

Exactly, I mean seriously all this group did was:

- Be a part of 7 Big Sky Championship teams
- Send 5 teams to the playoff semi finals
- Send 3 teams to the national championship game
- Send 9 teams to the playoffs
- Beat the Cats 7 times

Also other random stats to prove why they're totally worthless:

- Every one of these players made all-conference teams
- 3 of these players have been or will be on NFL rosters (Tripp, Coyle, McSurdy)
- Most of these players also made pre-season all conference teams
- One of these is an NFL coach (Brandon Fisher)
- None had been involved with off-field legal/bad image issues

[/quote]

didn't kanongata'a get suspended for a game or two during the 'poole conspiracy to sell drugs'?

PlayerRep said:
CV Griz Fan said:
PlayerRep said:
CV Griz Fan said:
PR:

There is no F-ing way that Gregorak or the defensive coaches made a mistake on who to start at linebacker last year. Anyone who even suggests that is a total idiot. In my view, the UM coaches made zero mistakes on who to play last year. It is just laughable that some of you think you know more about who should start/play for UM.

Relax Captain and breath thru your nose. I didn't say Ty made a mistake last year on his choice for the LB starters. But coaches are not infallible. Whether you want to admit it or not. The great Yankee manager Miller Huggins had Wally Pipp ahead of Lou Gehrig for goodness sake. Shit happens. MD and Ty are certainly not in Huggins' class so let's assume their evaluation skills are a little less. The defensive results over the last couple of years certainly indicate that.

CV Griz Fan said:
PlayerRep said:
CV Griz Fan said:
PlayerRep said:

Relax Captain and breath thru your nose. I didn't say Ty made a mistake last year on his choice for the LB starters. But coaches are not infallible. Whether you want to admit it or not. The great Yankee manager Miller Huggins had Wally Pipp ahead of Lou Gehrig for goodness sake. Shit happens. MD and Ty are certainly not in Huggins' class so let's assume their evaluation skills are a little less. The defensive results over the last couple of years certainly indicate that.

You can continue to have the conversation you're wanting to have (which is not the discussion I'm participating in), and I will continue to make the point I made initially:

"A telltale sign of someone without knowledge of football and coaching is someone who complains that college coaches don't play their best players."

I'm sorry, but my statement does not translate into saying coaches don't make mistakes. So many posters on this board must be ADD. They just can't stick to a topic/discussion; they immediately run off to a different and often irrelevant conversation.

So would you put Brady Quinn in at QB yet, he's a lot older and probably better than Marino at this juncture........... :roll:

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
We need more players that get better riding the bench. Let them get a little older then.......Bradyfied! Jesus I have heard it all now

SMFH

:roll:

This is a well-known coaching strategy used by Coach Ron Ash. Let the "starters" get hurt in fall practice and the first two games. Then have your second team players, the real starters, ready for the rest of the season!

Don't believe me? Tune into bobcat nation next September.

Between PlaYARapE and Ron Ash coaching that team, they have a serious chance to go .500 this year. Nobody has seen the ole "sittem and win em" strategy since that 70s Fartmouth team went on to win nothing.

Back