• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sneed/Murray.

getgrizzy said:
PlayerRep said:
getgrizzy said:
PlayerRep said:
Sneed has been a much better passer than Murray since high school. Sneed set Arizona passing records. Murray didn't set any high school passing records. Sneed has played against FBS competition his first year. Feel free to show us the best passing games of Murray. They don't compare to Sneeds.

I have talked to players and coaches, including receivers, and they like Sneed. I have seen Sneed in practice and scrimmages. Assume you haven't. He looks very good, and has a nice quick release with good accuracy. No one who saw the spring scrimmage and knows football could possibly say that Sneed isn't a good passer. A bad passer couldn't have thrown that many good and accurate balls.

Murray has had some good passing games, based on the stats, but, last year, he also threw for percentages of 42, 36, 22, 45 and 28. Had an efficiency rating of 8.4% against PSU. 44.8% in 2016. More picks than TD's.

In terms of passing, the ab's are in different worlds. I'm enjoying seeing some posters show their utter lack of football knowledge.

I’m not saying Murray is better than Sneed. I’m saying that neither has played good over the course of their college careers and each has had only a few good games in college.

I never said the coaches and players don’t like sneed. Naturally they like him. I don’t need to talk to them to reasonably know that. Sneed does look good in practice and scrimmage and high school and yes I have seen him practice and scrimmage. Unlike you I like my college football heroes to look good in college football games.

Sneed had a game with a 6.3 qb rating, which is worse than Murray vs PSU. Just admit it, they’ve both absolutely have sucked as often as they’ve looked great.

You’re showing an utter lack of reading and statistics comprehension. That combination makes it difficult for anyone to have a strong knowledge of anything.

You show such an utter lack of understanding of football. You focus on some of the silliest things.

Let's see the full stats for 6.3 qb rating, to show everyone how irrelevant they are.

I don't believe you saw Sneed in practice, by the way. QB Club and insiders only. I don't believe you attended the spring scrimmage either. No one, and I mean no one, who saw that scrimmage and understands football could not have been impressed with Sneed and how he threw the ball.
To get his 6.3 passing rating sneed went 2-12 with 1 interception 9 yards and no Tds. They lost 26-7. Fairly relevant.
Yes sneed has looked good in practice and scrimmage.

No, not statistically relevant. Only 12 passes. Nor was Murray's lowest one. A few more completions makes the calculation better. A draw on this small point.

poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
We need a nickname for Murray. I loved the Irish lad and “black Jesus” moniker for the prior dude, but I don’t think we can do a “second coming” of that.
What do you guys think about:
“Mr. Missed Again.” Or even MMA
You know, like that Phil Collins song.
I also like Brown Thunder

Or you could go with simple and accurate like griz Killer?

Better yet "QB WannaBe"

I predict Sneed will have a better 2018 season!

Cat fans will have to start lovin' the other QBs they've been dissin' on so hard.

Mousegriz said:

Cat fans will have to start lovin' the other QBs they've been dissin' on so hard.

Don't know the QB's we have been dissing (at least I haven't been)...

Rovig: Needs more time

Andersen: I guess he will play every position on the team by the end of his 4 years

Jonsen: Broke his foot on that crazy Ice this winter...Will be back by fall camp, we will see on him, but he was a 4 star QB out of Highschool (I think, could be wrong)

braves84 said:
Who puts up better numbers. completion percantage, TD's to int's, passing and running yards , and most importantly wins and losses of course it depends on staying healthy through out the year. To me they both play a similar style so should be a good comparison. Go.

I’ll take Sneed by a large margin

SACCAT66 said:
Mousegriz said:

Andersen: I guess he will play every position on the team by the end of his 4 years

Jonsen: Broke his foot on that crazy Ice this winter...Will be back by fall camp, we will see on him, but he was a 4 star QB out of Highschool (I think, could be wrong)

Luke May?
Travis Jansen?
O’Reiley?

Paytonlives said:
SACCAT66 said:
Mousegriz said:

Luke May?
Travis Jansen?
O’Reiley?

Luke May: Was going to play safety...But now we will see. I really liked him coming out of Highschool

Travis Jansen: isn't a person

O'Reiley: Now a TE

The one nobody is talking about is Casey Bauman. He could be the man next year.

Back