• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Some not happy about Grizzlies Champions Center...

BWahlberg said:
"some not happy"

Those "some" are morons who didn't read or comprehend the article and just reacted to the headline.
Just my opinion, but I think you should leave religion out of this conversation.

NativeGriz said:
BWahlberg said:
"some not happy"

Those "some" are morons who didn't read or comprehend the article and just reacted to the headline.
Just my opinion, but I think you should leave religion out of this conversation.

Morons?

Is that part 2 of the next Missoulian investigation?

IntuitiveGriz said:
Two things:

I think some people read the paragraph that mentioned the Board of Regents and incorrectly assumed their was a public money provision. When there clearly is not. The public has no say in private money donations that are earmarked for a specific purpose/use! To think otherwise is ludicrous. :roll:

And I take issue with the title of the missouilian post: "Are you excited to see the new (privately funded) Champions Center?" While not necessarily a bad leading question, this type of question is going to draw negative responses by nature. People take the time to complain more often than not, it's human nature. The Missoulian knows this, and hence the title. The title was meant to draw the most engagement from it's readers. Marketing 101.

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE CHAMPIONS CENTER. so yes, I AM EXCITED! :lol:
The Missoulian often used leading questions, especially on Facebook. They know controversy drives readership, something in sure they are rapidly losing.

No offense meant and this is from a distance away but it strikes me that the on-going polarization of the US has meant that intellectual has become an insult. It means intelligent which is not a cut-down, just like liberal or conservative is an idea not a defining quality. Listen to the ideas and judge them on their merits, not the "party position" the speaker might acclaim to.

Football kicks ass! A Griz game is for me; the Mona Lisa, Mozart and Jimmy Buffett rolled into one. For others they like art galleries, ballet (my daughter included) and NPR. There is room for all of us.

So have a beer or two, open the throat for the beers and the ears and mind for the opinions.

BWahlberg said:
NativeGriz said:
BWahlberg said:
"some not happy"

Morons?

What do you think the morons feel about the new champions center? I hear UM has been hiring morons over any other type of religion at the U. The morons seem to be taking over and making this university Utah State Northwest.

Wait... do I have the right moron?

BWahlberg said:
NativeGriz said:
BWahlberg said:
"some not happy"

Morons?

Anybody who thinks it's better to have more than 1 wife and live where you can't buy booze on Sunday is a moron.

polygamy-porter_480_poster.jpg

The best part of those comments, of which I read every one I'm ashamed to say, are the people who suggest UM is supposed to TURN DOWN private donations if they are earmarked for athletics. W.T.F.

The least happy are many spoiled liberal faculty members, envious of the attention and fan and booster support for athletics. They should be entitled to that money for their less popular little kingdoms.

kemajic said:
The least happy are many spoiled liberal faculty members, envious of the attention and fan and booster support for athletics. They should be entitled to that money for their less popular little kingdoms.

Do you know how many new boxes of pastels and water colors you can purchase with 14 mil???

nighthawkgriz said:
so when are all these new facilities supposed to be built by? Locker room? Weight room ? Champions center?

I believe all are to be completed by the start of the 2017 season.

A lot of the folks who commented on that post should really visit some other campuses across the country.
During freshman orientation at BSU they walk the freshman onto the football field. The president speaks openly about how the success of the football team has brought students from all over the country and how they have increased the quality of faculty with the money brought in, and facilities they have built from the teams success.
I can't remember numbers but didn't the enrollment see an up swing when Montana won both of its national championships???

Mavman said:
A lot of the folks who commented on that post should really visit some other campuses across the country.
During freshman orientation at BSU they walk the freshman onto the football field. The president speaks openly about how the success of the football team has brought students from all over the country and how they have increased the quality of faculty with the money brought in, and facilities they have built from the teams success.
I can't remember numbers but didn't the enrollment see an up swing when Montana won both of its national championships???

I can't say about when we won both national championships (I'm sure we did see an increase) but I remember back in '08-'09 after the back-to-back title appearances the university saw a jump in enrollment.

firmgriz said:
nighthawkgriz said:
so when are all these new facilities supposed to be built by? Locker room? Weight room ? Champions center?

I believe all are to be completed by the start of the 2017 season.

If they are just letting bids now, 18 mos might be overly optimistic.

kemajic said:

Some just Don't understand supply and demand. While I am sorry the U of M Theater doesn't bring in 25 thousand people on random Saturdays, I am glad football does. While I want the U to be as successful as anyone, they are either not putting forth desired/in demand academic programs or failing to market what they have to offer or a combination thereof. Just my 2 cents worth.

Back