• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sports Network preview fall 2015 NOT in Top 17

westnodak93bison said:
mtgrizfankb said:
I hope we start the season in the 20's . When we upset NDSU. We will jump half the pack. Honestly give this team a reason to wanna play. We have top 10 talent walking o. The field next year.
I think you will need to score 40 to beat NDSU. 4-5 starting offensive lineman returning plus 2013 starter Zack Johnson back from injury. QB back. All but 1 WR back. Plenty of RB and TE talent. Top two FBs back. OC in his second year. The offense should be the strength early on.

Your chubby typing hand to God's ear, my friend!

mtgrizfankb said:
westnodak93bison said:
mtgrizfankb said:
I hope we start the season in the 20's . When we upset NDSU. We will jump half the pack. Honestly give this team a reason to wanna play. We have top 10 talent walking o. The field next year.
I think you will need to score 40 to beat NDSU. 4-5 starting offensive lineman returning plus 2013 starter Zack Johnson back from injury. QB back. All but 1 WR back. Plenty of RB and TE talent. Top two FBs back. OC in his second year. The offense should be the strength early on.

You will have to fall eventually. No matter how amazing NDSU has been, its only a matter of time that a team won't come together. You were beatable this year. However NDSU did what NDSU does and pull together and won. I just don't see it happening forever and I believe we will have a great shot starting next year.

Of course NDSU is beatable and was last year evidenced by the fact they lost. Good thing the national championship will not be decided in Missoula in August of 2015.

Big G said:
Why would you want players afraid of hard work and trying to have a tough guy attitude? Griz team is as soft as a cow during calving season.
You obviously haven't calved out very many cows

catsack said:
Big G said:
Why would you want players afraid of hard work and trying to have a tough guy attitude? Griz team is as soft as a cow during calving season.

Ha! Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Big G must be a frisbe club flat hatter, you know, a SHEEP herder. All those Buckaroos wear those tall boots to hold that sack of ISHT upright.

No big surprise at this. there are way too many unknowns with this team to make a certain prediction especially before spring ball and fall camp. They did put a foot note at the bottom of other teams to consider listing Montana so they are still thinking they may be a quality team just no one knows until they see the new offense on the field.

LongTimeCatFan said:
catsack said:
Big G said:

Ha! Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Big G must be a frisbe club flat hatter, you know, a SHEEP herder. All those Buckaroos wear those tall boots to hold that sack of ISHT upright.
holy shit. I agree, I've seen plenty of cows calving that were pretty damn tough on those of that were stupid enough to be there. wow, I just agreed with two bobcats. has hell just frozen over? I know big g is an idiot, but this is just too much. I need a drink.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
catsack said:
Big G said:

holy shit. I agree, I've seen plenty of cows calving that were pretty damn tough on those of that were stupid enough to be there. wow, I just agreed with two bobcats. has hell just frozen over?
Just one boobcat !! Griz rule

catsack said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
catsack said:

holy shit. I agree, I've seen plenty of cows calving that were pretty damn tough on those of that were stupid enough to be there. wow, I just agreed with two bobcats. has hell just frozen over?
my bad, I do need a drink, I cant count to two.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
catsack said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
LongTimeCatFan said:
You must be counting big G !!

catsack said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
catsack said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
You must be counting big G !!

Now I'm insulted, he ain't one of us either.

Yes indeed we need to be in the low 20 ranking to begin the season! Remember when we were #1 or close to the top? Every flea bitten team came after us every Saturday. Naw, we are way better off to be ranked low at the beginning. I like to sneak up on other teams and this will bode well for us early on.

I see big g is drinking and smoking in his mystical bar again. A soft cow? This tells me he does not own a ranch or farm. Even cat fans know he is lurking near the bottom of the food chain.

Umista said:
Yes indeed we need to be in the low 20 ranking to begin the season! Remember when we were #1 or close to the top? Every flea bitten team came after us every Saturday. Naw, we are way better off to be ranked low at the beginning. I like to sneak up on other teams and this will bode well for us early on.

I see big g is drinking and smoking in his mystical bar again. A soft cow? This tells me he does not own a ranch or farm. Even cat fans know he is lurking near the bottom of the food chain.
I think taking every flea bitten team's best shot made us better for a play off run. But it will be nice to be ranked in the low 20 and start putting the boots to some teams that need it.

It's really bullshit that the sports network does this little ranking three weeks before signing day. There's the end of the season poll that just came out, which should be enough. The author's opinions are speculative at best and he could give it after recruiting season ends.

Umista said:
If big g ain't a cat fan then what team is he a fan of?

He's been a Griz fan since Marc Mariani took one back against UCLA back in the PCC days, with the old colors. I remember him trying to film it with his iPhone 3.

I find it a provacative ploy to only list the top 17 teams. I've never seen a top 17 team list. My guess is the Griz would have been this idiots 18th team for 2015 pre season poll. The only reason to post 17 teams is to get the Griz fans ire. This guy knows if he left out the Griz in his poll it would promt a rush of readers to go read his article on TSN. This ploy has mad the readership of this topic be up by 10 times the normal amount that would normally have read it. The guy is an idiot like a fox! Carry on.

Richard Cranium said:
I find it a provacative ploy to only list the top 17 teams. I've never seen a top 17 team list. My guess is the Griz would have been this idiots 18th team for 2015 pre season poll. The only reason to post 17 teams is to get the Griz fans ire. This guy knows if he left out the Griz in his poll it would promt a rush of readers to go read his article on TSN. This ploy has mad the readership of this topic be up by 10 times the normal amount that would normally have read it. The guy is an idiot like a fox! Carry on.
Works for me. ;)

Big G said:

Just shut up, Chicken Little. :thumb:

NikeGrizz said:
if you look around the country every good team has a great offense. any team with half a defense can win 10 games as long as the offense is getting things done. with stitt coming in i see this team having a lot of success and with the defense we have, we can win a lot of games. also watching college football if i have learned one thing it's that replacing a QB is not that hard. OSU for example won a championship with a 3rd stringer. FSU last year won it all with a RS FR. NDSU won it this year with a first year starter. no reason the griz should not be a top 17 team especially with the returning talent from last year.

Agree at the FBS level, but FCS is usually a different story. For example, if JJ goes down for the season in your first game, the griz have a losing record in 2014. Of course a bunch of you will bash this post and call me a troll, but most of you probably agree with the statement if you really stop to think about it. Look at the games you barely squeaked out WITH JJ at the helm.

Back