• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sports Network preview fall 2015 NOT in Top 17

poorgriz said:
NikeGrizz said:
if you look around the country every good team has a great offense. any team with half a defense can win 10 games as long as the offense is getting things done. with stitt coming in i see this team having a lot of success and with the defense we have, we can win a lot of games. also watching college football if i have learned one thing it's that replacing a QB is not that hard. OSU for example won a championship with a 3rd stringer. FSU last year won it all with a RS FR. NDSU won it this year with a first year starter. no reason the griz should not be a top 17 team especially with the returning talent from last year.

Agree at the FBS level, but FCS is usually a different story. For example, if JJ goes down for the season in your first game, the griz have a losing record in 2014. Of course a bunch of you will bash this post and call me a troll, but most of you probably agree with the statement if you really stop to think about it. Look at the games you barely squeaked out WITH JJ at the helm.

You had to go there, didn't you?

:lol:

poorgriz said:
NikeGrizz said:
if you look around the country every good team has a great offense. any team with half a defense can win 10 games as long as the offense is getting things done. with stitt coming in i see this team having a lot of success and with the defense we have, we can win a lot of games. also watching college football if i have learned one thing it's that replacing a QB is not that hard. OSU for example won a championship with a 3rd stringer. FSU last year won it all with a RS FR. NDSU won it this year with a first year starter. no reason the griz should not be a top 17 team especially with the returning talent from last year.

Agree at the FBS level, but FCS is usually a different story. For example, if JJ goes down for the season in your first game, the griz have a losing record in 2014. Of course a bunch of you will bash this post and call me a troll, but most of you probably agree with the statement if you really stop to think about it. Look at the games you barely squeaked out WITH JJ at the helm.

I generally agree with you. Don't know if UM has a losing season without JJ, but that would have been a possibility. He was holding the offense together almost single-handedly much of the season. UM saw what happened in '12 without JJ or any qb with any experience. If an FCS team has a good back-up, that helps alot. But 3d string in FCS, don't think so. Look what happened to Cats the past 2 years with loss of qb's or at least significant injuries. Despite some Cat posters indicating that their back-ups were better than their starters, that just wasn't true. Give us the Ohio St 3d string qb, and I think any team could make do. That guy isn't a normal 3d stringer even for an FBS team. That guy is damn good, throws well, and is almost impossible to stop on the run.

During the last four years, the Griz poll rankings have been aided by what was accomplished during the glory years. The glory years are over, reality has set in.

statler & waldorf said:
During the last four years, the Griz poll rankings have been aided by what was accomplished during the glory years. The glory years are over, reality has set in.

The Glory Years aren't over, just down a bit for several years. 2d round of playoff in '14 and '13, and semis in '11, does not indicate that UM has sunk very far--nor do final poll rankings of 13/11 in the 2 polls for this past season.

statler & waldorf said:

Just what I have been saying and the stuff about the oline needing more talent is being echoed by a few on the current coaching staff.

Big G said:
statler & waldorf said:

Just what I have been saying and the stuff about the oline needing more talent is being echoed by a few on the current coaching staff.

Errrrr.. Wait...... Did you just agree with the statements of the staff that is a disaster of biblical proportions?????? I must have misread it.

grizpack said:
Big G said:
statler & waldorf said:

Errrrr.. Wait...... Did you just agree with the statements of the staff that is a disaster of biblical proportions?????? I must have misread it.

It seems as though Big G is agreeing with Stitt. :eek: :wtf:

I'm okay with this ranking. Frankly, our football team has always done its best when we were underestimated by the national polls.

catsack said:
Big G said:
Why would you want players afraid of hard work and trying to have a tough guy attitude? Griz team is as soft as a cow during calving season.
You obviously haven't calved out very many cows
LOL! I was thinking the same thing.

bhumble said:
The surprise is the Bengals being at 16

Perhaps it boils down to your information sources. I've lived amongst them for a long time, so I can go to the games. The Idaho State Journal has decent coverage of ISU athletics, but little else. The rest of the BSC gets two paragraphs, max, per week, on Sunday. ISU has a damn good team. Kramer had to build from the ground up, and now he is in year five. They lose to the Cats by 5 in Bozeman and lose by 3 in Cheney. If Kramer gets another Arias, 16th will be as low as they will be rated all year. They will be in the playoffs, maybe to Frisco. The 'Big Human' is for real, and, after his MSU debacle, has something to prove to the Big Sky.

statler & waldorf said:
bhumble said:

Perhaps it boils down to your information sources. I've lived amongst them for a long time, so I can go to the games. The Idaho State Journal has decent coverage of ISU athletics, but little else. The rest of the BSC gets two paragraphs, max, per week, on Sunday. ISU has a damn good team. Kramer had to build from the ground up, and now he is in year five. They lose to the Cats by 5 in Bozeman and lose by 3 in Cheney. If Kramer gets another Arias, 16th will be as low as they will be rated all year. They will be in the playoffs, maybe to Frisco. The 'Big Human' is for real, and, after his MSU debacle, has something to prove to the Big Sky.

Maybe the pollsters didn't realize that Mike Ferriter is no long coaching at Ida. St. and is now with the Griz.

statler & waldorf said:
bhumble said:

IF

replacing one of the most prolific passer in the FCS won't be trivial

Yeah, IF. Their site is http://www.bigskyfans.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, if you want to see their 'equivalent' to eGriz. A little slow, only 13,000 posts on the football site, but interesting. A sample:

Re: Welcome back to U of M, Mike Ferriter. GL next yr ISU
Postby Skippy » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:36 pm

You know the Bengals are relevant again when you start attracting Griz trolls to the board.
Skippy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

statler & waldorf said:
Yeah, IF. Their site is http://www.bigskyfans.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, if you want to see their 'equivalent' to eGriz. A little slow, only 13,000 posts on the football site, but interesting. A sample:

Re: Welcome back to U of M, Mike Ferriter. GL next yr ISU
Postby Skippy » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:36 pm

You know the Bengals are relevant again when you start attracting Griz trolls to the board.
Skippy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you just added more relevance because you posted a link to their board.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
So are we taking bets on what week we pass lil brother in the ranking??? Ill take week 7.

If the Griz win week 1, we'll most likely pass the kitties in week two's poll. :twisted:

Guess I'm not too upset considering we have a new coach, who on paper at least appears to be a fairly average hire, as well as a new qb. However, anyone who thinks the cats should be ranked ahead of the griz going into the season is clearly delusional. At least the real FCS polls will get it right.

Latest posts

Back