• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Spring Game 4/12

It's hilarious how many posters express their desire to have this site to be affable and congenial but they are willing to completely ignore that much/most of the conflict involves hoops and as with this thread, he initiates it. There was absolutely no need for him to attack the poster who was willing to put in all the time and energy to help those who were not able to watch the game at least visualize it.

It's hilarious how many posters express their desire to have this site to be affable and congenial but they are willing to completely ignore that much/most of the conflict involves hoops and as with this thread, he initiates it. There was absolutely no need for him to attack the poster who was willing to put in all the time and energy to help those who were not able to watch the game at least visualize it.
He must have had 40 posts or so, many saying the same thing, and provided almost zero info. Several posters provided 10 or 20 times more info in a single post. I’m not an everyone gets a ribbon guy. Pointing out the deficient posts is not attacking.

He must have had 40 posts or so, many saying the same thing, and provided almost zero info. Several posters provided 10 or 20 times more info in a single post. I’m not an everyone gets a ribbon guy. Pointing out the deficient posts is not attacking.
Of course you're not.
You have all the ribbons for yourself. Lol

Sorry, couldn't resist. You set yourself up for that.

Your "You obviously never played the game" BS is an unnecessary attack on another member who posted with good intentions. Maybe you need another time out.

Your "You obviously never played the game" BS is an unnecessary attack on another member who posted with good intentions. Maybe you need another time out.
It's not an attack. It's a statement of fact. It applies to you too. A TO doesn't bother me. It frees up time. It makes my wife happy. It's the board that suffers, because it doesn't get my research and inside info. And I still get to look if I want to.

Do you think anyone looks forward to all that you contribute to the board?

As with many of your posts, it is not a statement of fact. I've played and coached at the D1 level.
It's laughable when you try to play alpha on this site. This is arguably the best site in the country for FCS football and there are MULTIPLE posters here who understand the current game much more than you do whether they played the game or not. The fact that you played at a non-scholarship program 50 years ago doesn't give you the right to attack people on this site in an effort to flex and try to be dominate. I do think when you do research and post other people's thoughts you bring value to this site. This site functioned extremely well during your last TO. Maybe you should spend more time trying to make your wife happy. Just a suggestion.

I firmly believe that Asher Croy will steal some playing time from Ostmo and others. He is a beast at 225 lbs. and looked great in the spring game. He hasn't run the ball since high school and looked pretty impressive last Friday.

I firmly believe that Asher Croy will steal some playing time from Ostmo and others. He is a beast at 225 lbs. and looked great in the spring game. He hasn't run the ball since high school and looked pretty impressive last Friday.
I hope so! However, after being snake bit after last years spring game, I’m hesitant to anoint him at all. He sure looked punishing though. His strength was damn impressive.

As with many of your posts, it is not a statement of fact. I've played and coached at the D1 level.
It's laughable when you try to play alpha on this site. This is arguably the best site in the country for FCS football and there are MULTIPLE posters here who understand the current game much more than you do whether they played the game or not. The fact that you played at a non-scholarship program 50 years ago doesn't give you the right to attack people on this site in an effort to flex and try to be dominate. I do think when you do research and post other people's thoughts you bring value to this site. This site functioned extremely well during your last TO. Maybe you should spend more time trying to make your wife happy. Just a suggestion.
I said I had made a “statement”, not a “statement of fact”. Do you not know the difference? I said I provided research and inside info. One doesn’t have to have great football knowledge to do those things. My team was ranked no. 14 in D1 and wonnthe lambert trophy as the best team in the East, ahead of Penn St. That year, Penn St’s running backs were Franco Harris and Lydell Mitchell. I played against 6 running backs who played in the NFL. Let’s hear about your playing credentials. If you think saying someone never played the game is an “attack”, you must have been associated with some pretty weak teams. What you just said about me above is actually a much bigger attack.

We agree that you don't have great football knowledge. Perfect. And, I'll say it again...you do bring value to this site when you post the results of your research instead of attacking other people who post on this site. I'm curious about something, though. Since you absolutely love to talk about your stellar playing days, I'm wondering what year you were inducted into the Dartmouth football hall of fame. I realize you've been eligible for 45 years so it must have happened by now, but I just can't seem to find any information about your induction.

We agree that you don't have great football knowledge. Perfect. And, I'll say it again...you do bring value to this site when you post the results of your research instead of attacking other people who post on this site. I'm curious about something, though. Since you absolutely love to talk about your stellar playing days, I'm wondering what year you were inducted into the Dartmouth football hall of fame. I realize you've been eligible for 45 years so it must have happened by now, but I just can't seem to find any information about your induction.
I haven't bashed anyone for recent times. You bashed me more with your post. I only post about my playing days when I am defending myself. I have been in the hall of fame for many decades. It's not hard to get into. I was also selected a dozen or so years ago as one of the two best cornerbacks in Dartmouth's Ivy League history (from the 50's). The other played in the NFL. And in the MT American Indian Athletic Hall of Fame. How many athletic hall of fames are you in?

Back