• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitt Happens in Havre Today

Pflug will never start for the Griz. In the next couple years Stitt will go out and recruit a few QB's that he wants to run his system. Nothing against Pflug but that's the spot he is in - far from being physically able to contribute and a recruit of a prior staff.

griz5700 said:
Pflug will never start for the Griz. In the next couple years Stitt will go out and recruit a few QB's that he wants to run his system. Nothing against Pflug but that's the spot he is in - far from being physically able to contribute and a recruit of prior staff.

Sorry, swing and a miss. Stitt is very high on Pflug. QB 1 is his in a couple, no question. The kid is gonna be a big deal. Has a ceiling to even get better.

HookedonGriz said:
griz5700 said:
Pflug will never start for the Griz. In the next couple years Stitt will go out and recruit a few QB's that he wants to run his system. Nothing against Pflug but that's the spot he is in - far from being physically able to contribute and a recruit of prior staff.

Sorry, swing and a miss. Stitt is very high on Pflug. QB 1 is his in a couple, no question. The kid is gonna be a big deal. Has a ceiling to even get better.

Uh huh.... Until we see a couple of Stitt's recruiting classes. Stitt will get the QB HE wants.

HookedonGriz said:
griz5700 said:

Gonna agree with 5700 to an extent. Pflug will have a chance, but it won't be easy for him. Stitt is going to go out there and find at least one recruit that has everything he wants in a QB. The competition at that position is going to be hot for years to come.

griz5700 said:
Pflug will never start for the Griz. In the next couple years Stitt will go out and recruit a few QB's that he wants to run his system. Nothing against Pflug but that's the spot he is in - far from being physically able to contribute and a recruit of a prior staff.

I see your point, it makes sense. But I disagree with you. I think Pflug fits this offense well and with 2 years to build in it... he's going to thrive in it. Additionally I could see Stitt also making some design plans around Pflug's ability as well.

griz5700 said:

Pretty dumb post. Pflug is basically a senior in high school, by most observations one of the best qb recruits we've had in some time, came in and went toe to toe with college guys on our roster, and did admirably...maybe he will and maybe he won't, but the certainty of your post reeks of stupidity.

griz5700 said:
HookedonGriz said:
griz5700 said:

Uh huh.... Until we see a couple of Stitt's recruiting classes. Stitt will get the QB HE wants.

Have you considered the fact that maybe Stitt does want Pflug, and that he is excited our prior staff landed him? Stitt was pretty high on the recruits that were already on board when he got here. He simply went out and got a few more.

BWahlberg said:
griz5700 said:

I see your point, it makes sense. But I disagree with you. I think Pflug fits this offense well and with 2 years to build in it... he's going to thrive in it. Additionally I could see Stitt also making some design plans around Pflug's ability as well.
Now THAT would be fun to see. Mix in some read option with his quick-hitting passing game.

Alaska Griz said:
griz5700 said:

Pretty dumb post. Pflug is basically a senior in high school, by most observations one of the best qb recruits we've had in some time, came in and went toe to toe with college guys on our roster, and did admirably...maybe he will and maybe he won't, but the certainty of your post reeks of stupidity.

Didn't mean to hurt any feelings. But I'm certain I'm right. I always am. ;)

griz5700 said:
Alaska Griz said:
griz5700 said:

Thankfully, Stitt and Pflug have more confidence in Pflug's ability and future than you do. If Stitt did not have faith in Pflug, why didn't Stitt force his hand to go elsewhere, or why didn't Stitt go find another incoming FR QB? Stitt has already proven to be honest with other players and recruits if they are not a good fit for his system.

Granted, Pflug has a lot of physical maturing to do. He is very small. 2 years in the weight room and training will do him wonders. Look how much Jordan Johnson physically matured in his time here. He went from having questionable arm strength to having solid arm strength in his time. Pflug's hs video shows a lot of variables, awareness, and leadership which are natural. I like Pflug's chances. We shall see in 3 years who is right and wrong about Pflug.

mtgrizrule said:
griz5700 said:
Alaska Griz said:
griz5700 said:

Thankfully, Stitt and Pflug have more confidence in Pflug's ability and future than you do. If Stitt did not have faith in Pflug, why didn't Stitt force his hand to go elsewhere, or why didn't Stitt go find another incoming FR QB? Stitt has already proven to be honest with other players and recruits if they are not a good fit for his system.

Granted, Pflug has a lot of physical maturing to do. He is very small. 2 years in the weight room and training will do him wonders. Look how much Jordan Johnson physically matured in his time here. He went from having questionable arm strength to having solid arm strength in his time. Pflug's hs video shows a lot of variables, awareness, and leadership which are natural. I like Pflug's chances. We shall see in 3 years who is right and wrong about Pflug.

Good post mtgrizrule. Given the way Gus has responded so far, who knows who is going to make the jump up to QB over the next two years. Gus was dead and buried by most egrizers a year ago. Now look at him....

CV Griz Fan said:
mtgrizrule said:
griz5700 said:
Alaska Griz said:

Good post mtgrizrule. Given the way Gus has responded so far, who knows who is going to make the jump up to QB over the next two years. Gus was dead and buried by most egrizers a year ago. Now look at him....

Gus was not dead to me, but I thought 3rd at best on the depth chart when last season ended. It is great that he emerged as the lead man at QB. I like when the GRIZ are QB'd by a Montana kid. Montana QB's are the only ones win national championships for the GRIZ. :thumb:

WaGriz4life said:
One thing I like about Stitt so far, is he seems desparate to get better talent. All the great coaches have this mindset (Saban, Meyer, Fisher, Graham, Helfrich, Harbaugh). They have the mindset that we HAVE to get better at this position or we are done, finished. These coaches will even say that if we don't get this particular kid, we are screwed. They are relentless and desperate at all times to get better players, and no one's job on the current team/staff is safe. He knows deep down he has a talented team, but will never be satisfied.

Reminds me of what a NY Giants scout said recently: "Players win games, not plays, remember that."

And you constantly hear coaches comment on how players make them look good.

Latest posts

Back