• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitt Happens in Havre Today

Not from Kent, but from others I have heard they want the Cal Poly game to be the night game. I have also heard that the Liberty road game will be a 7 p.m. E.S.T. kickoff

havgrizfan said:
Not from Kent, but from others I have heard they want the Cal Poly game to be the night game. I have also heard that the Liberty road game will be a 7 p.m. E.S.T. kickoff

That would be perfect, as I have a wedding in Jackson, Wyo. on that Friday night.

they will finish their first season in the Top 20 in all of NCAA in attendance.

:clap: :clap:

Holy hell! That's INCREDIBLE!! Hopefully that kind of attendance will draw some big-name schools to play in Missoula.

And great stuff, Hav. Thanks for the great post. Glad to hear that EH is finally healthy!

biga75 said:
The Town Pump is turning out pretty damn nice Hammer. Well Done :thumb:
Purely a lawyer reference, but in Civil Procedure class years ago, Law School's beloved civil procedure Prof "Duke Crowley" began the morning's lecture on a particular point of civil pro -- this is years ago when "Town Pump" was still mostly a local Butte establishment.

"This morning, we will discuss the case of "Ferguson vs The Town Pump." Of course, "Town Pump" used to have a certain "meaning." To clarify the nature of the case, Duke dryly added, "In this case, the 'Town Pump' is a gas station." I nearly fell out of my chair.

havgrizfan said:
Stitt: Asked by many about the starting QB. Said Brady is awesome and while the race isn't over, he's closer to the finish line than the rest. Didn't even mention any other QB's except for when I asked about Pflug. He said Willy is an exciting prospect and as a QB, has what he likes. But he said he has LONG way to go from a physicality standpoint. He said Willy had some real rough days during the spring, and there were times when he told himself and the other coaches too ease up on him because "He should be thinking about prom right now, not playing football against a defense as good as ours". He said the best thing about him is they have lots of time to develop him.
Willy sometimes sits nearby when I am having dinner. I was quite surprised at how small he seems to be; smaller than his stats suggest; still has a high school demeanor about him. It is quite a contrast to a 6'7" QB in Brady Gustafson.

I'm quite certain Pflug has a high school demeanor because for all intensive purposes he is a high school student. I admire the hell out of the kid for coming up to UM to get a leap on his college career. All the other kids in his signing class are finishing their senior year while Pflug has now nearly completed a semester of college. I'll give him a pass on his demeanor.

havgrizfan said:
I'm quite certain Pflug has a high school demeanor because for all intensive purposes he is a high school student. I admire the hell out of the kid for coming up to UM to get a leap on his college career. All the other kids in his signing class are finishing their senior year while Pflug has now nearly completed a semester of college. I'll give him a pass on his demeanor.

Fair. In return, we'll give you a pass on the bolded.

havgrizfan said:
I admire the hell out of the kid for coming up to UM to get a leap on his college career. All the other kids in his signing class are finishing their senior year while Pflug has now nearly completed a semester of college. I'll give him a pass on his demeanor.
He's a smart, ambitious kid.

UMGriz75 said:
"This morning, we will discuss the case of "Ferguson vs The Town Pump." Of course, "Town Pump" used to have a certain "meaning." To clarify the nature of the case, Duke dryly added, "In this case, the 'Town Pump' is a gas station." I nearly fell out of my chair.

You try to explain the Duke's delivery to the kids who are there nowadays and they just stare blankly back at you. Very unfortunate that no video of his lectures exists.

griz8791 said:
UMGriz75 said:

You try to explain the Duke's delivery to the kids who are there nowadays and they just stare blankly back at you. Very unfortunate that no video of his lectures exists.

Now he'd be sued for sexual harrassment with that line. :roll: :roll: :roll:

krammer said:
what is the expected date for completion of the weight room and all that goes with that??????

Not sure on an exact completion date, but it will break ground right after the last 2015 home game and then will be completed and ready in time for the 2016 season.

get'em_griz said:
krammer said:
what is the expected date for completion of the weight room and all that goes with that??????

Not sure on an exact completion date, but it will break ground right after the last 2015 home game and then will be completed and ready in time for the 2016 season.

Summer of 2017 is what I heard, basically 18 months from groundbreaking although Kent said he hoped it would be earlier that spring. A lot depends on what kind of winter we have next year as you usually do the excavation work and foundation in the spring vs. winter.

AZGrizFan said:
griz8791 said:
UMGriz75 said:

Now he'd be sued for sexual harrassment with that line. :roll: :roll: :roll:

How do you think I got Hammer to go to Havre an work On the Town Pump he was still under the assumption I was referring to the old definition 0fTown Pump "Hey Hammer do you want to go to Havre and work ;) ;) on a Town Pump )

As far as the sexual harassment goes I worked with an old electrician and he would do his cat calls to pretty ladies ,on of them came up to him and said she was going to file a sexual harassment complaint against him . His reply " honey you'll know when I'm sexually harassing you when I dry hump your leg like a dog " She never said a word to him again

CDAGRIZ said:
havgrizfan said:

Fair. In return, we'll give you a pass on the bolded.

Glad to see I'm not the only one bothered by this.

I know it's bad form to reference one's own posts but I once penned a missive on other common malapropisms and eggcorns often found here.

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18318&p=214334&hilit=berth#p214334

BTW: havgrizfan, no offense intended. You are one of my favorite posters.

I can't wait to meet coach Stitt and tell him every thing I know about football.

And tell him I learned it all from my fellow members on e-griz!

One thing I like about Stitt so far, is he seems desparate to get better talent. All the great coaches have this mindset (Saban, Meyer, Fisher, Graham, Helfrich, Harbaugh). They have the mindset that we HAVE to get better at this position or we are done, finished. These coaches will even say that if we don't get this particular kid, we are screwed. They are relentless and desperate at all times to get better players, and no one's job on the current team/staff is safe. He knows deep down he has a talented team, but will never be satisfied.

Back