• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Teams play their best game against the Griz

Htowngriz said:
ButteRhat said:
get'em_griz said:
I still am in the opinion that just about every team we face each week plays their best game against us. We've been so good for so long that teams we used to dominate want to beat us badly.

:lol: :lol: I have news for you Junior. the Griz have not "dominated" anyone in the past 5 years, so there is nobody playing for these teams that hold the resentment that you seem to think!!

honestly, the arrogance of the Griz Fan never seems to amaze me!! :clap: :clap:

You've scored a grand total of 24 points in your last 2 games against us in Bozeman, while allowing 64.

And here in lies the problem.... you fools continue looking in the past!! Hell Army won 2 National Championships as well, I suppose you and Army fans have a lot to talk about....

Yep.. the Girz WERE once a good program.... in the past!!

Htowngriz said:
ButteRhat said:
get'em_griz said:
I still am in the opinion that just about every team we face each week plays their best game against us. We've been so good for so long that teams we used to dominate want to beat us badly.

:lol: :lol: I have news for you Junior. the Griz have not "dominated" anyone in the past 5 years, so there is nobody playing for these teams that hold the resentment that you seem to think!!

You've scored a grand total of 24 points in your last 2 games against us in Bozeman, while allowing 64.

Well, lucky they aren't playing in Bozeman. What happened the last time they played in Missoula?
"After a first-quarter touchdown gave UM a 7-3 lead, MSU didn't allow another point and only gave up 192 yards in holding Montana to one of its lowest scoring outputs in stadium history.

ButteRhat said:
get'em_griz said:

So much of our fan base likes to live in the past tense. It is indicative of the failure to recognize that our program is a shell of its former self, and the longer we have to read the type of posts which started this thread, the longer it will take before our fan base demands a better product be put on the field. And yes, we have the means to do so. When the season ticket sales go down, and the GSA membership wanes, Engstrom will finally get the message.

ButteRhat said:
Htowngriz said:
ButteRhat said:
get'em_griz said:

And here in lies the problem.... you fools continue looking in the past!! Hell Army won 2 National Championships as well, I suppose you and Army fans have a lot to talk about....

It's called tradition....something haters don't get. There is a difference between tradition and living in the past. There is a difference between having an elite program and an elite team on the field. You can hate all you want, but nationally the Griz still have that tradition. They are still a nationally recognized team at the FCS level.

ordigger said:
ButteRhat said:
Htowngriz said:
ButteRhat said:

It's called tradition....something haters don't get. There is a difference between tradition and living in the past. There is a difference between having an elite program and an elite team on the field. You can hate all you want, but nationally the Griz still have that tradition. They are still a nationally recognized team at the FCS level.

Give up the tired "hater" routine you meathead. :lame: Wanting our program to return to a dominant one is not hating anything. If you can't come up with anything better than the hater lable stop posting, you good wittle fan you!

monte is a character said:
ordigger said:
ButteRhat said:
Htowngriz said:

Give up the tired "hater" routine you meathead. :lame: Wanting our program to return to a dominant one is not hating anything. If you can't come up with anything better than the hater lable stop posting, you good wittle fan you!

Oh Growler....you are anything but a fan.

ButteRhat said:
get'em_griz said:

So much of our fan base likes to live in the past tense. It is indicative of the failure to recognize that our program is a shell of its former self, and the longer we have to read the type of posts which started this thread, the longer it will take before our fan base demands a better product be put on the field. And yes, we have the means to do so. When the season ticket sales go down, and the GSA membership wanes, Engstrom will finally get the message.

Bingo :clap:

[

So much of our fan base likes to live in the past tense. It is indicative of the failure to recognize that our program is a shell of its former self, and the longer we have to read the type of posts which started this thread, the longer it will take before our fan base demands a better product be put on the field. And yes, we have the means to do so. When the season ticket sales go down, and the GSA membership wanes, Engstrom will finally get the message.[/quote]
Uhm, you do realize that you are the one living in the past, right?

ButteRhat said:
get'em_griz said:

Why do you think you are right? Have season ticket sales gone down? Has GSA membership waned? Shell of what former self? What message is it the President of the University needs to get (beyond "You have a successful program that fills your stadium every home game and you've sold enough maroon and silver sh** to dress a nation")?

Robsnotes4u said:
ButteRhat said:
get'em_griz said:

Not only are a lot of the Griz who posts on Egriz arrogant, they have a false sense of reality.
You should keep on saying the same things over and over ad nauseam....it'll eventually get through. I applaud you for your ability to be the single most crotchety fucker in the western hemisphere...

ButteRhat said:
get'em_griz said:

Oh don't worry buttrat, your team is about to make its annual self dismantling :cry:

mikegriz said:
ButteRhat said:
get'em_griz said:

Why do you think you are right? Have season ticket sales gone down? Has GSA membership waned? Shell of what former self? What message is it the President of the University needs to get (beyond "You have a successful program that fills your stadium every home game and you've sold enough maroon and silver sh** to dress a nation")?

Keep dreaming. Five years ago there was a long waiting list for season tickets. Now they beg you to buy them. Also lots of empty seats for every game. Even the Homecoming game this year had hundreds of no-shows. That NEVER happened in the past. There were so many people trying to sell Homecoming tickets near the tailgate parties this fall that they couldn't give them away for free.

grizare#1 said:
ButteRhat said:
get'em_griz said:

Oh don't worry buttrat, your team is about to make its annual self dismantling :cry:

says the fan whose team just dismantled

Totally understand and agree that teams get up for the Griz and give them their best game. The question I have is why so often do they set records against us? Like most yards by a QB rushed. Or with NAUs running back a few years ago set a rushing yards record against us, almost 300 yards wasn't it Wide receivers setting yards records as well, passing yards. Do we not know how to change a game plan mid-game? Hey this guy is kicking our butt, let's change something.

Very frustrating to see the Griz be in the game at half and not make any adjustments at half or through the second half and lose badly. Where are the coaches imaginations? Do they have no history to look back on and say lets do this now that the other team is doing that. Anyway.....

IdahoGrizFan said:
Totally understand and agree that teams get up for the Griz and give them their best game. The question I have is why so often do they set records against us? Like most yards by a QB rushed. Or with NAUs running back a few years ago set a rushing yards record against us, almost 300 yards wasn't it Wide receivers setting yards records as well, passing yards. Do we not know how to change a game plan mid-game? Hey this guy is kicking our butt, let's change something.

Very frustrating to see the Griz be in the game at half and not make any adjustments at half or through the second half and lose badly. Where are the coaches imaginations? Do they have no history to look back on and say lets do this now that the other team is doing that. Anyway.....
Good point. With Hauck's teams I never really worried about the score at halftime because I knew the Griz played their best ball after the break. Just the opposite now. The drop off in the second half now is huge.

Keep dreaming. Five years ago there was a long waiting list for season tickets. Now they beg you to buy them. Also lots of empty seats for every game. Even the Homecoming game this year had hundreds of no-shows. That NEVER happened in the past. There were so many people trying to sell Homecoming tickets near the tailgate parties this fall that they couldn't give them away for free.
Tell me where UNC plays to a full house.

There were so many people trying to sell Homecoming tickets near the tailgate parties this fall that they couldn't give them away for free.

That's odd, I got a hundred bucks for my two seats with no problem. Of course, I live in Missoula, not Arizona.

ordigger said:
ButteRhat said:
Htowngriz said:
ButteRhat said:

Ignore the lil pr*ck digger. The Cal-Poly game last week is history now. If you speak of legacy, the past is a prerequisite. I'm quite familiar with Butte Rats. Most of them are outstanding, salt of the earth people. However, a few can be the proverbial "turd in the punch bowl" also. The manner of speech this inbecile uses indicates his lack of any class or education. The stereotypical rhat as he calls himself dictates the usual $ 700.00 a month lifted truck, coupled next to his $ 350.00 month trailer. I've seen this MANY times. At best he's a 132# ankle biter that placed 6th at state... :egriz: A better way to explain this to a "simpleton" such as "butte rhat" would be Tom Brady. Championships to runner up finishes and still swinging." He's dog shit stuck to our cleats and he knows it".

mikegriz said:
ButteRhat said:

Nope, very few people selling tickets at Homecoming. Weren't you back in AZ by then anyway. Your wife had quit playing tennis by then.

Back