• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The BIG SKY at Reno: an exchange with Jon Kasper

If we find it hard to get people to regular games I don't think they will shell out a $1000 bucks to go to reno (small r).
Love the GRIZ (every game attended) but too rich for me to go.
Agreed that it is nice for team's families but that's about all.
Still where are the rewards for winning the conference ?

That was one of my primary arguments as well, Zoo. Half of the bsc teams average less than 1500 for a HOME men's game. What makes the bsc leadership think they're going to spend 5 days and righteous bucks going to Reno to see games.

Look, the only programs who draw are Weber, Montana and -- to a lesser extent -- eastern and Nodak. Certainly, a few of the fans from those programs will travel. But let's be honest; one of those teams is going to win the regular season title roughly 9 out of every 10 years So why not continue to hold the championship game at the regular season champion, where you know you're going to draw 4,000 to 6,000 and at least present as a legitimate DI conference for a change.

EverettGriz said:
That was one of my primary arguments as well, Zoo. Half of the bsc teams average less than 1500 for a HOME men's game. What makes the bsc leadership think they're going to spend 5 days and righteous bucks going to Reno to see games.

Look, the only programs who draw are Weber, Montana and -- to a lesser extent -- eastern and Nodak. Certainly, a few of the fans from those programs will travel. But let's be honest; one of those teams is going to win the regular season title roughly 9 out of every 10 years So why not continue to hold the championship game at the regular season champion, where you know you're going to draw 4,000 to 6,000 and at least present as a legitimate DI conference for a change.

So much truth in this post...

Back